Subscribe Today

look at it....

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

look at it....

Postby WARRIOR » February 23rd, 2004, 10:19 am

cmon, like polaris hasnt been sucking on ski-doo's nipples. everyone with half a brain, that would be a gifted person in your family, knows that polaris has been beggin ski doo for help. I guess they came up with the direct injection motor from scratch right??? duh. you are right though, the polaris doesnt look like the ski doo in all manners. That ski doo Mach Z is awsome and the polaris is ugly as hell! fushion-the joining of two(brands) lmfao
WARRIOR

look at it....

Postby MXZMachs » February 23rd, 2004, 10:29 am

I can't believe they didn't make it Yellow and Black???
MXZMachs

look at it....

Postby snofisher » February 23rd, 2004, 10:56 am

I think all the non polaris folks are jealous, just like all the non ford folks out there. Polaris builds a "indy", all follow with their version except yami which thinks "pogo" is the way to go, but eventually they switch to the trailing arm style. then cat put "A" arms up front, but not every one copies them, in the mean time all others are doing just fine. it took a while but now all are building some (or all) with the a arms. but I do not think it is because they are better but more of the fact that that is what the consumer has been chomping at the bit for. If you take the podiums from wsa and look at them you see that polairs is doing very well with a trailing arm sled as doo and cat are with a arms. cats podiums have droped radically since morgan and hibbert left and doo is only consistant because morgan is there. I guess what goes around comes around, in the 80's the consumer wanted their brand to build some type of "indy", now they want some type of "rider forward, motor backward, centralized mass" A arm sled with big horse power. It will not be long before they all want that sled to be a light wieght hydrogen powered hovercraft that will eliminate the need for groomers. I say good job to polaris for playing ball, finally, not because they needed to, but because the consumer (peer) pressure said they needed to.
snofisher

look at it....

Postby Icehole » February 23rd, 2004, 10:59 am

Warrior,
Seeins as you want us to believe yer the expert on fuel delivery systems could you explain the simalarities/differences between doo's Semi direct system compared to Pol's new direct system?...please be thorough and share all yer knowledge...I'll check back for the tutorial
Icehole

look at it....

Postby Loudhandle » February 23rd, 2004, 11:04 am

That is by far the uglynuts sled of 2005? Whoever buys one is buying a REVCAT. I heard rumors the warrenty work will be done by ski-doo and cat dealers until the polairs wrenchers go threw Cat school.
Keepin the flipper wicked since 1978
Loudhandle

look at it....

Postby kawicat » February 23rd, 2004, 11:05 am

three sets of handlebars? HOLY ****! :)
[[green]RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD, STAY HARD, DIE HARD![/green]
kawicat

look at it....

Postby racinfarmer » February 23rd, 2004, 11:06 am

Ya, I'm lookin' at it... It looks like Polaris took a few F-Cats and a few REV's and hacked parts off and glued(kind of like a do it yourself model) until they got this... And yes, it is quite ugly... No, wait... Really ugly...

Later
This space left blank in memory of Animal, Doug, and every other snowmobiler who has lost their life participating in the sport they love.
racinfarmer

look at it....

Postby racinfarmer » February 23rd, 2004, 11:07 am

[quote]That is by far the uglynuts sled of 2005? Whoever buys one is buying a REVCAT. I heard rumors the warrenty work will be done by ski-doo and cat dealers until the polairs wrenchers go threw Cat school.[/quote]

I thought they had to go through both schools... Doo's for the suspension and Cat's for the engine and the rest of the stuff...

Later
This space left blank in memory of Animal, Doug, and every other snowmobiler who has lost their life participating in the sport they love.
racinfarmer

look at it....

Postby SALTALAREV » February 23rd, 2004, 11:09 am

Doesn't matter what it looks like, they are all copying the rev. The Fusion is a complete take off of all 3, Yamaha, skidoo and Arctic Cat. Just look at the Dash, the a-arms are identical almost to the rev, the tach is the RX and the hood, bellypan and headlights look to be mated from firecats, revs. etc.. Nice sled anyway.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/countryrungreatdanes/]Under Construction[/url]
SALTALAREV

look at it....

Postby Yamanator » February 23rd, 2004, 11:14 am

It actually looks kinda like a Blade. Either way I don't think they are "Copying" anyone heh.
Max out or black out.
Yamanator

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers