Subscribe Today

Reliability or your sled

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Reliability or your sled

Postby SuZQ213 » February 24th, 2004, 11:50 am

ZR600DPD, that's why I'm buddies with the Shockman--Ha ha!

Actually, while he was rebuilding those bad boys this fall, they took a leak on his face, just like a little baby boy! (Ha ha, I told him that was what he GETS for bashing my kitty cat!) Yes, the shocks are a bizotch, that much I know as I've heard Shocky yell about them all winter! I still haven't had any mechanical difficulties with the sled! (knock on wood)

Rode a Rev this afternoon (field beating next door). I LOVED IT !!! It was like riding my quad, the way it cornered. (I've ridden motorcycles since I was four, so I had a feeling I'd like them) I'm gonna be torn if anything ever happens to the Cross Country.
SuZQ213

Reliability or your sled

Postby Shockman » February 24th, 2004, 11:57 am

Quick thinkin there Suzq..you know I was gonna find the post that says ACT SHOCKS SUCK :E
Shockman

Reliability or your sled

Postby ZR600DPD » February 24th, 2004, 12:00 pm

Your lucky to have someone rebuild them. At least my f-6 has fox zero pro shocks, they are much much better than act. and i hope you continue to have good luck with it. or should i say good luck with the shocks;)
ZR600DPD

Reliability or your sled

Postby kenlacy » February 24th, 2004, 12:10 pm

I have an 03 F7 with 157 miles on it. I have gone riding 15 times and have made it more than 10 miles once! I love it, it is the best sled I have ever owned, it is no wonder everyone is scared to bring me with on their trips. Oh yeah - I typically ride alone, I have found it is very helpful to have a cell phone with while riding, it has has saved my butt like 14 times now (the one time I was just revving it in the garage, so I didn't need to call for a tow when she chomped a piston). It only overheats about once every three trips, the rest of the time is just something like a stupid bolt coming loose, not Cats fault. But I would tell everyone to go out and get one - they are so fast, I can't wait until breakin is done and I can open her up - I'll be sure to check all the bolts before I ride that day - I promise!

Oh yeah, I got a free Gallon of Oil too - Cat is so awesome!
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Reliability or your sled

Postby doorider » February 24th, 2004, 12:10 pm

I've got just over 5700 miles on my 03 800 rev sport, and haven't had one bit of trouble, (that sound you here is me knocking on any piece of simulated wood I can find.) I've got to take it in and get the clutch tightened up shortly but that's it.
vegas odds on an irondog race next year?
doorider

Reliability or your sled

Postby ZR600DPD » February 24th, 2004, 12:17 pm

Hey ken at least your happy with you sled,right;)
ZR600DPD

Reliability or your sled

Postby yammyhaa » February 24th, 2004, 12:20 pm

lmfao at Kenlacy.I own a 98'sx 700.I have 3700 miles on it.USI ski's,Bender can and clutch kit.Not a single problem.In fact I've never had any problems with any Yamaha I'veever rode.Lucky I guess.
[u]SnowmanMi[/u]
yammyhaa

Reliability or your sled

Postby doo it » February 24th, 2004, 1:25 pm

We got 2 1996 F111 600 ski-doo's they have been the best sleds we have ever owned. I got 3300 miles on mine and the wife has 2500 miles on her's.

I also got a 1993 900 Thunder Cat, with 8400+miles. The thing has been OUTSTANDING! Still starts like brand new. I rode it on a 125 mile ride this last weekend, ran flawless.

Later
doo it

Reliability or your sled

Postby snofisher » February 24th, 2004, 1:56 pm

I bought a 99 xc 600 in december with 3500 miles on it. took it home and went through it, replaced 1 bearing on a wheel in the rear skid, cleaned the carbs and put a new bushing on a ski spindle, and put in a new bolt that holds the ski on cause the old one was rusted, it was a sob to get out. while on our trip a roler flat spotted so i had the clutch rebuilt with new weights, rollers and pins. no other problems at all and it now has 5200 miles on it.

here is a link to my trip story.

[url=http://www.snowmobilenews.com/forum.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/13394847.cfm]http://www.snowmobilenews.com/forum.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/13394847.cfm[/url]
snofisher

Reliability or your sled

Postby Polaris500 » February 24th, 2004, 2:27 pm

I have a 2000 Polaris Classic 500 with 3400 + miles on it. The only trouble I have had is a broken wire from the battery to the starter . It has been a very reliable sled for me
Polaris500

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers