Subscribe Today

If you could turn back the clock................

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby skidoorider » February 28th, 2004, 5:04 am

What ONE sled that you owned in the past would you like to get back, and why ?
I would like my Skidoo 76 340RV back, cuz it was way too much fun on a tight,twisty trail.

Let's have some input, fellow trashers.

RB
2007 Jayco 29BHS
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Equalizer Hitch
Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller
skidoorider

Postby Snojet Steve » February 28th, 2004, 5:10 am

I want my 84' Polaris SS 440 back because it was good on tight trails, good in powder, good for comfort, good for reliability, good simple direct drive train, good on gas, good speed for having a simple single carb, good looking (for the year and even would look okay now), good rear suspension, front was leaf sprung but it still rode okay for that..

Why don't they take that concept to new sleds? A good on gas, direct drive sled with like 50% of the moving parts that most sleds use.
And damn those sleds seem to be some hard to find these days! They have the same motor as a 432 Indy sport I think. Good mill for a fan spinner.
Snojet Steve

Postby mnsnowboy » February 28th, 2004, 7:18 am

LOL @ skidoorider- ya know what? I'm not even old enough to want back any of the sleds that I have ever owned previously-

1997 Indy Lite?
1983 JD Trail Fire? This was a bastard to get started
1979 Scorpion Sting? This thing would smoke Indy Sports though
1975 Scorpion Whip? LOL Big hunk-o-junk

I'll keep my new Polaris and 96 F3 though!

-sb
Kick ass!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/rocking.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/hellyeahFireIcon.gif[/IMG][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/bobZilla.gif height=90 width=20[/img]
mnsnowboy

Postby Icehole » February 28th, 2004, 7:23 am

I'd like ta have back my 73 JLO powered SnowHawk...One rare unit

On a 2 page list of past snomo makers it did'nt even make the list
Icehole

Postby DITCHBANG » February 28th, 2004, 7:25 am

Not sure if it was a 75" or a 76" but the first sled I ever rode and it was the one that made me fall in love with this sport was a Kawasaki Drifter. I'm not even sure if it was a 340 or a 440 but it was a fan. I Was only 12- 13 years old. Damn that was fun!!
[b]nothin like a freshly picked bean field with drift covered edges[/b][img]

[img]http://www.boomspeed.com/missbeemer/04_800ProXr_modimage.jpg[/img]
DITCHBANG

Postby 2k2mxz6 » February 28th, 2004, 9:17 am

1975 Arctic Cat 440 Z because it is worth some coin.
2k2mxz6

Postby Polaris500 » February 28th, 2004, 9:53 am

1976 Mercury Trail Twister. These were awesome sleds for their time
Polaris500

Postby sleddogzrt » February 28th, 2004, 10:08 am

Have to say that it would have to be the 76 Artic Cat Cross CountyCat I had. That thing was a riot to throw around the trails, and even when I sold it it was in just like new condition. BUT...
for all around performance and ride, nothing beats the new sleds. Ya we may miss the old iron, but tell the truth, would you really want to ride it fo 125-150 miles on the trails, day in and day out. I'll stick with my ZRT.
sleddogzrt

Postby SuZQ213 » February 28th, 2004, 12:28 pm

I wouldn't trade my current sled for anything out there right now. I love it! It's a 2002 ZR600 limited edition Cross Country. Thought I'd hate it and ended up falling in love with it. From the way I can adjust the handlebars (I have limited motion in my right arm due to a broken humerus bone and elbow reconstruction 3 1/2 years ago), to the front shock adjustment to the way all I have to do is point it in a particular direction and it goes. It's easy to muscle around corners, is fun to play in the powder with (okay, the most powder I've played in was only 3-4 ft.) and is just plain FUN. It's only a 600 cc but that's all I need. It's EFI so it's easy to start and it's just light enough that if I need to turn around I just give it a little tug. I love this sled. My last one was a 2000 ZL 600 and I couldn't keep it going straight. It liked to follow everyone elses tracks and I didn't like the suspension. Prior to that, the only one's I ever rode were borrowed: My sister in law had a 95 wildcat that I borrowed for two trips and my dad had a 77 suzuki (talk about a back breaker!) Nope, wouldn't trade it for anything. Now, if something happened to it, and I couldn't find another similar sled, I'd have to get a Rev. Riding one of those is like riding my four wheeler.
SuZQ213

Postby 01'600xcsp » February 28th, 2004, 1:05 pm

my '81 motoski ultrasonic. i was way too young to be ridin' this sled. twin pipes stock rock! why do i wish i still had it...probably the wicked blue and orange paint scheme....and the seat that matched! i dont miss the 25:1 oil ratio or rippin' belts to kitty fur every week.
01'600xcsp

Next

Return to Trash Talkers