Subscribe Today

Tim Bender, working with Polaris racing team

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby doo it » March 9th, 2004, 5:48 am

Team Ind Polaris sleds, raced by Levi Levellie and his teammates have Tim Bender doing the clutching and other work on the sleds. Do you think old Tim has had enough of trying to work with a company that just can't get their racing hat on?

Later
doo it

Postby Luv2sled » March 9th, 2004, 5:57 am

doo it....this news is like two years old....his son races snowcross....Yamaha doesn't, there you go. Benders has been making things for Polaris several years now.
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby MM700 » March 9th, 2004, 6:21 am

Where has this guy been????....Bender has had his own performance company for years...(he hasn't offically raced for yamaha since 91-92)..he did specialize in yamaha after market and race products, but expanded his line 3 years ago to include polaris...I believe he also has aftermarket stuff for ski-doo....so..whats your point doo it???
MM700

Postby leelanaumotorsports » March 9th, 2004, 6:26 am

He started out his factory career with Polaris yes? no?

I could be wrong but I KNOW helped develop the RXLs.
[b]Ride Hard, Ride Safe.[b]
leelanaumotorsports

Postby doo it » March 9th, 2004, 9:02 am

"Where has this guy been????....Bender has had his own performance company for years...(he hasn't offically raced for yamaha since 91-92)..he did specialize in yamaha after market and race products, but expanded his line 3 years ago to include polaris...I believe he also has aftermarket stuff for ski-doo....so..whats your point doo it???"

"Bender has had his own performance company for years" NO Chit Sherlock!

Whats my point? My point is, ANY! performace shop that would only be selling products for Yamaha or should I say Yamaha Racing, would file chapter 11 faster than a Rx-1 sinking out of site in 5ft of powder.

Now! if you read the post? I said he was doing the work on the sleds. I would say he is more involved than just doing the work at his shop. I would say by what was said on the speed channel, he is out testing and working with the team! "Polaris Team"

This would wave a flag if I was a Yamaha owner. I would bet it won't be long before Bender doesn't even deal with Yamaha. Think about it! how long is Yamaha going to deal with a aftermarket performace shop that has paired up with the compition? I mean, Bender was the soul importer for Yamaha Racing parts I believe. It didn't take long for Ski-doo and fast(who was the Ski-doo racing parts importer) to part company, when Fast said they were going to be building their own sled. Fast paired up with "Polaris" also. In fact, If I was the other Manf. I would start doing some real thinking about whats going on around them in the racing world. You got Bender working with a "Polaris" team, then you have Fast with connections to "Polaris" also. Then you have several "Top" snowcross riders that have switched to "Polaris". Then we have seen a very good showing by the Pro Open and even the Pro Stock "Polaris" sleds this year. I would say, a "polaris" storm is building and if Ski-doo and Cat don't look out, "Polaris" is going to take back what they use to having a number of years back. Win, Win, Win every weekend, like the old days!

Think about it!!!!!

Later
doo it

Postby MM700 » March 9th, 2004, 9:21 am

Naw...your reading too much into it..he's making money...and think about what you type, before you type..he makes excellent pipes for the yami triples and makes big bore kits plus clutch kits, and he has one of the few turbo kits for the rx-1...lots of people like modding their sleds...his son races snow cross for Polaris...again so what...why don't you drop him an email and ask him if he intends to drop yami products...ok???
MM700

Postby Yamanator » March 9th, 2004, 12:39 pm

I have a bender pipe on my RX-1... Very nice sound, she really wails.
Max out or black out.
Yamanator

Postby doo it » March 9th, 2004, 1:44 pm

MM700, Yamaha don't make them triples anymore! atleast not in a performance model and just how many "Turbo's" do you think a person can sell the general public for their four strokes, with a cost 3 grand +???????? Two strokes are much cheaper to mod and I see Bender Racing following the money trail and that isn't with Yamaha.

Later
doo it

Postby MM700 » March 9th, 2004, 1:48 pm

Do you think all the SRX's Viper's, Sx's and Sxr's dry up and disappear???....lots of folks can't afford a new sled...or they want two sleds...and the yami's are easy to modify...he'll be selling pipes and clutch kits for those models for quite sometime...also you would be surprised how many turboed rx-1's I saw this year.
MM700

Postby racer447 » March 9th, 2004, 2:08 pm

From what i have been told, Tim bender no longer owns bender performance. Different people same name. He is solely a Polaris guy now who is team manager for TEAM and he is also a wicked fabricator. Where did the over the engine steering post come from for the 04 pro-xr 440...you got it.. Tim buit it late last season and levi tested it in like the last three WSA nationals. Take a look at the team mods closely, they are some of the trickest sleds out there quaranteed. The skids are highly reworked and i think levi's has about the longest FTA i've ever seen. Nothing but cool there.
if you don't race then don't call me or my polaris slow
racer447

Next

Return to Trash Talkers