Subscribe Today

Tim Bender, working with Polaris racing team

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby NorthernSkunk » March 9th, 2004, 2:23 pm

Hey yamanator......you NEEDED a Bender a pipe...:)
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby doo it » March 9th, 2004, 2:32 pm

MM700, read this! it tells the story of Tim Benders future sales with Yamaha

"The International Snowmobile Manufacturers Association has confirmed the North American market share figures for the four snowmobile manufacturers to the end of the 2003 model year.

Leading the list with a total market share of 33.5% is Ski-Doo. The company saw an industry leading increase last year of 3.3 points. Company officials feel the increase has largely been as a result of strong sales and consumer acceptance of the REV platform which sold 17,463 units last year.

Polaris maintained a solid second place with 29.9% market share.

Arctic Cat followed closely with 26.0%.

Arctic Cat's strong tally was a result of the success of their new Firecat models which gave them an increase of 1.5%.

In last place was Yamaha who also saw an increase in market share (.6%) bringing them to a total market share result of 10.6%."

10.6% of the market share! can't pay the bills with that kind of sales numbers

I see benders working with team Polaris, as a step into a "New" future and more $$$$$ in profit, that couldn't be found in the sales of Yamaha performance parts.

Later
doo it

Postby M-10 » March 9th, 2004, 2:44 pm

Hey doo it hows it going man? Hey I am starting to get the feeling that you like yamaha abt as much as I like cat. BTW how did the 503 fan project work out for ya? I remember you saying that you were gettin a new crank assembly for it. Catch you later.
You wanna be dumb? Then buy a CAT!
You wanna be smart? Then buy a Doo!
M-10

Postby INDY500XCSP » March 9th, 2004, 3:20 pm

[quote]From what i have been told, Tim bender no longer owns bender performance. Different people same name. He is solely a Polaris guy now who is team manager for TEAM and he is also a wicked fabricator. Where did the over the engine steering post come from for the 04 pro-xr 440...you got it.. Tim buit it late last season and levi tested it in like the last three WSA nationals. Take a look at the team mods closely, they are some of the trickest sleds out there quaranteed. The skids are highly reworked and i think levi's has about the longest FTA i've ever seen. Nothing but cool there.[/quote]

You nailed it right on the head. Sold off Bender Performance few yrs back at least. From what i understood, he still has some involvemnt w/it, but minimal at best. Hes got a small shop for his own use in East Aurora. When i was there last yr, he had some differnt engines laying around, and some other odds/ends, that i thought were intriguing but didnt want to pry.... Saw some of Levi's sled, but not up close or nuttin, but they didnt seem as in bad shape as i wouldve expected. Opened up the TEAM trailer, and that thing was crazy sweet inside...wow, i wish i could have the 1/16 of that setup...DAMN!!! Had a new leftover 03 440 the team never used so i jumped on... Hope to see him in a couple weeks at a hill-x xgames qualifier, hope hes got some leftover hoods again like last yr.......
-------------
'99 Polaris INDY500XCSP bunch of red stuff<- For sale
03 Pro-XR w/600, SLP Can, C&A Trail skis, 96 Megabites,Powermadd/Rox handguards, AMSOIL,V-Force 3, PERC
INDY500XCSP

Postby zrcat » March 9th, 2004, 4:53 pm

Dooit, great post. Doo is out there for sure. What is interesting is how far back poo has slipped. I think with the drop of the ProX, CAT will pass Poo in the next year or so....Fusion is not going to be the hit they have planned on. DOO is going to be hard to catch, lot's of momentum. Surprising to see the huge acceptance of the F-CAT line considering, as the cat-haters say, 95% of the F-cats all blow up....Hmmmmmm. LOL.
zrcat

Postby doo it » March 9th, 2004, 11:20 pm

M-10, how did the 503 project go? interesting to say the least! I got a new(rebuilt) crank from the Ski-doo dealer and put her together. It lasted 40 miles!!!! locked up. I had to pull it about a mile to the road with the "T"cat. Got it home took it down and found the rebuilt crank had seperated at the pto rod , running into the case and locking it up. Was I Pissed!

I got ahold of the dealer, they covered me with a another rebuilt crank and all the gaskets. It's got about 350+ miles on it now and runs great.

Take Care
doo it

Postby doo it » March 9th, 2004, 11:47 pm

Hey MM700!!LMFAO!

"You nailed it right on the head. Sold off Bender Performance few yrs back at least. From what i understood, he still has some involvemnt w/it, but minimal at best. Hes got a small shop for his own use in East Aurora. When i was there last yr, he had some differnt engines laying around, and some other odds/ends, that i thought were intriguing but didnt want to pry.... Saw some of Levi's sled, but not up close or nuttin, but they didnt seem as in bad shape as i wouldve expected. Opened up the TEAM trailer, and that thing was crazy sweet inside...wow, i wish i could have the 1/16 of that setup...DAMN!!! Had a new leftover 03 440 the team never used so i jumped on... Hope to see him in a couple weeks at a hill-x xgames qualifier, hope hes got some leftover hoods again like last yr.......

I may have been on to something, Hey????? GOD I'M GOOD! LMAO!

Later
doo it

Postby MM700 » March 10th, 2004, 12:04 am

Again...So what....A smart business man would develope products for all brands...you'd make more money...Are you picking on Bender, or Picking on Yamaha???....What's your point???
MM700

Postby Yamanator » March 10th, 2004, 1:42 am

Ok Skunk I give... Why did I need a bender pipe? I also have a clutch kit from bender. When I tried ordering another bender pipe (due to a cat rider slamming into me) they were completely sold out and it was supposedly a very hot item. They make a lot of money off of Yamaha AND Polaris parts. Sponsoring a couple pro sleds is no small thing.

As far as whether Tim Bender still runs the business... Don't kid yourself he still has ties into it, even if he isn't directly managing it right now. Either way does it really matter who has the actual name on the business? They still make good products.
Max out or black out.
Yamanator

Postby doo it » March 10th, 2004, 2:08 am

MM700 posted, ""Again...So what....A smart business man would develope products for all brands...you'd make more money...Are you picking on Bender, or Picking on Yamaha???....What's your point???"

"A smart business man would develope products for all brands"

Thats not how the aftermarket performance shops have worked.

Gerard Karpik raced Ski-doo's, he was a Ski-doo performance shop.
(he parted ways with Ski-doo, to build his own brand of sleds(Blade)

Tim Bender raced Yamaha, he was a Yamaha performance shop.

Steve houle raced Polaris, he is a Polaris performance shop.

Mike houle raced Ski-doo, he is a Ski-doo performance shop.

Black Magic is a Arctic Cat performance shop, you don't buy things to hop up your Ski-doo there!

Now, Tim Bender working with a Polaris team, when he has been the best knowen Yamaha performance shop in the U.S.. That tells me, he has had a change of heart. I look for him to be building on this Polaris connection. That and the thinking of Yamaha and it's buyers, with words like "Racing don't matter" I'm sure is helping tim Bender make his move to a more performace type company, like Polaris

yamanator posted
"As far as whether Tim Bender still runs the business... Don't kid yourself he still has ties into it, even if he isn't directly managing it right now. Either way does it really matter who has the actual name on the business? They still make good products."

Thats like saying, so what if Harley Davidson isn't making the bikes anymore, they are still great! or don't you remember the AMF days? just because a well knowen name is on something, don't mean it's of the same quality or performance. Tim Bender is a Master of design and if he isn't building and designing the stuff! I would question just how good it really is! Guys like him don't just grow on tree's.

Later
doo it

Previous

Return to Trash Talkers