Subscribe Today

Northern Skunk - WSA question answered

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby Yamanator » March 10th, 2004, 9:25 am

I did end up checking with WSA during the Vernon races about 4 strokes. Got a lot of hummin and hawwin as I figured I would heh. I was fortunate enough to get one person from there to spare the time to make SURE I got a concrete response. They called me in person once and the rest was by email.

First I was told that whatever the ISR ruling was on 4 strokes thats what WSA would go by. I was assured that it would be looked into. Just got an email today from the guy saying that the race director had told him there would not be any four strokes in WSA racing.

Are they really afraid of a sled that many here on the trasher forum term as "bulky and slow?" They afraid that someones going to enter one and whoop up on some Rev 440? Or even a mod? Last I knew the "S" in WSA stands for *Snowmobile* not *PolarisSkidooArcticCat*. Why not let us race in Mod? 800 cc's is the current limit. Is 1000cc in a four stroke really any different?

Anywho thats why I was fairly quick to bash them before. Pretty much EVERY racing venue out there has made effort to provide rulings on 4 strokes and include them in their races. Why not WSA? The number of Yamaha's racing in WSA snowcross has been going down each year. This year it was a record low of 50ish Yamahas in the circuit. It's going to die out altogether now. Anyone can question whether they are competitive or not (which at this point they are obviously not) but AT LEAST GIVE US THE OPTION TO RACE IN THEM.
Max out or black out.
Yamanator

Postby MXZErick » March 10th, 2004, 9:30 am

The rx-1 whoopin' up on a REV on the race track?! LMFAOROTF. And the cat guys get it for being sheep!
MXZErick

Postby Yamanator » March 10th, 2004, 9:34 am

Thank you for proving my point. What are they afraid of then?
Max out or black out.
Yamanator

Postby MXZErick » March 10th, 2004, 9:38 am

They shouldn't be! Let 'em run, but yamaha does not want to get back into sno-x, so why?
MXZErick

Postby ArcticEd » March 10th, 2004, 10:02 am

Did NASCAR change all the rules or create a special class for Toyota to run the truck series???? Why should the rules be re-written for a manufacturer who chooses not to make a machine to compete with?? Yamaha and snocross has been an off and on thing at best, the last real measure of success being when Chris Vincent won the Pro Stock 600 class back in 97.... And he was racing an SX 600 with a XTC skid (Yeah, that's stock) against everyone else's 440s, which is what led to the demise of the 600 class, it was pretty much a replay of the 440 class. So with all the emphasis, involvement and support that Yamaha has thrown behind snocross, if I were the WSA, you can bet I'd let them write their own rules just to get Yamahas on the track.... R I G H T........ Oh, and I don't know where you got your facts from, but there can' t possibly be 50 Yamahas being campaigned in the WSA series.. Maybe 50 entries in the last 2 years.
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Postby NorthernSkunk » March 10th, 2004, 11:23 am

They are allowed to race in the WSA Pro-Ice circuit......I thought for sure they were allowed to run the RX-1 in the 600 cc class for sno-x the first year the sled was released.....I guess ISR changed that.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby 2k2mxz » March 10th, 2004, 11:43 am

i thought toyota ran in the truck series?
[img]http://images.snapfish.com/33%3B3%3A42%3B23232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B53%3D4%3A5%3DXROQDF%3E232358%3A%3B99575ot1lsi[/img]
"cheers mate"
2k2mxz

Postby Yamanator » March 10th, 2004, 1:12 pm

Do you have a link to some sort of ISR rulebook Skunk?

And Arctic Ed... What an ignorant thing to say (as usual from you). It's not about changing rules it's fitting a snowmobile into a class thats right for it. WTF are you talking about nascar anyway for? Motocross has embraced 4 strokes, why does snowmobiling and snocross in general treat it like it's a four letter word? You bash the RX-1 plenty calling it bulky and slow. Whats to fear then by putting it in with mods? Also around 50 Yamaha's were in the circuit this year. Thats a WSA number not my number that I just pulled out of the air... Of course since thats what you do with most of your "facts" you probably thought thats what I did as well. Idiot.
Max out or black out.
Yamanator

Postby NorthernSkunk » March 10th, 2004, 3:06 pm

I have an ISR rule book from before 4 strokes....it don't help lol.........I thought I read it in snowweek when they first announced that the Rx-1 would be in some circuits racing. I could be totally wrong about them bein allowed in sno-x...but I don't feel like goin through my back issues to find what they wrote right now.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby BigDXLT » March 10th, 2004, 6:01 pm

Yamanator, the problem is, nobody knows what these fourstrokes can do. To go and say, "okay you get 400 ccs more" doesn't work. The WSA is trying to make the rules as fair for everyone as possible. Nobody should be punished for being on a two or a four stroke. It's simply EASIER to say "piss off" for the time being. The motocross circuits are far bigger than sledding ones. You can pretty easily say that the 450 4strokers are equivilant in power to the 250 2strokes. As it is, we have no bloody clue what 4stroke will match the 440s in snowcross. And we won't until someone builds one. Open class... well... trying to keep the races there fair is hard enough.
Again, nobody has tried to build one that is competive and until that happens, there is no reason to go through the hassle of rewriting rules for machines that as of right now don't exist. Don't worry, you'll get your precious fourstrokes racing one day. As it is right now, I doubt it will be Yamaha pushing for any of it. They don't give a damn unless the rules are changed to accommodate them specifically.
BigDXLT

Next

Return to Trash Talkers