Subscribe Today

Spring has sprung...... BUILD ME A SLED!!!!!!!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby funkadelic101 » April 15th, 2004, 2:05 pm

Take it for what you will...... I had plans to build my own full custom this last fall. But got bogged down. So here I am, ramping up to build the sled this spring. I have shared details and drawings of my plans with VERY few people. But so far the plans look good, and hopefully it turns out as planned. (two years in the making) I am building the jigs for when the TiG gets here, and most every detail has been finalized prior to building. I am using some already manufactured materials (motor, electronics, etc....) but this is not a modified stocker by any means.......

So let's hear it from some people here. People are plopping down over 9g's for a new sled, and they have modifications planned months before delivery. List the sled you want, the parts, pieces, even list what you want your sled to be good at, good for, or excell at performance wise...... List chassis type, seat, tank, clutches, motor, drivetrain, suspension, shocks, skid, lighting, etc.... list components that are either manufactured already, or describe what you want..... Remember, there's more than just the four manu's stuff to pic from here....

Let's take a peek into other people's imagination's. (I promise that by October I'll be done with mine)
Liberty without Virtue is Slavery to Vice
funkadelic101

Postby INDY500XCSP » April 15th, 2004, 3:16 pm

i kinda built a sled last summer and fall. Took a new leftover 03 440, dropped 02 600 into it. Had a bugger of a time, getting some things to go right tho. Bought a lot of used stuff, to save some $$$, and had few folks send me edge stuff, when i needed specfic pro-x. My biggest pain was w/the pipe. 02 pro-x motor, and i got an 03 pipe. I couldnt get that thing to line up worth ****. If i put it on straight at the y-pipe, it would have about a 1/16 gap, at the can to the outside. Eventually, just cut and turned the pipe. luckily it doesnt all that bad. Then i added all the stuff listed in my signature. Im still on the seesaw, on where or not i would have just been better off buying an x2. At decision time, my way seemed cheaper, but im too scared to add up the bills of the build and compare....
-------------
'99 Polaris INDY500XCSP bunch of red stuff<- For sale
03 Pro-XR w/600, SLP Can, C&A Trail skis, 96 Megabites,Powermadd/Rox handguards, AMSOIL,V-Force 3, PERC
INDY500XCSP

Postby funkadelic101 » April 16th, 2004, 8:07 am

53 reads.... One response. And you guys come to a sled board for??? I guess everyone must own their dream sled already, I need to catch up!!! This is the time of year to build next years ride!!!

500Xc, remember one valuable thing about building the sled, the cost may not have been ideal, but you know that sled better than you would a showroom model.
Liberty without Virtue is Slavery to Vice
funkadelic101

Return to Trash Talkers