Subscribe Today

how you spent your summer vacation -

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby Ryan700 » August 10th, 2004, 5:24 am

i have barely had time to breathe with work let alone take a vacation -

how have you all spent your summer?
Ryan700

Postby Badrap aka Rev_girl » August 10th, 2004, 5:24 am

Spending a Sh!t load of money on my sled!!!!
If its not a badrap its not a rap at all!!
Badrap aka Rev_girl

Postby Ryan700 » August 10th, 2004, 5:25 am

i already know pickle went camping and forgot her tent poles - lol

that had to suck!
Ryan700

Postby Land_Warrior » August 10th, 2004, 6:02 am

I drove 4800 miles on the road trip from hell. The family and I left from Dickinson, ND and traveled to Ft. Stewart, GA to visit a buddy of mine in the Army that I haven't seen since 1998. He is ready to take his second tour of Iraq and I wanted to visit him and his family before he heads over in November.

We saw a good part of the country on our trip, stayed in Birmingham, AL a couple of nights with another Army buddy of mine, he's a cop in Birminghams ghetto and he can tell you some stories. I am so glad I moved up to ND with my family. When you are in the south you can just feel the racial tension all around. Stayed in Colombus, GA (Ft. Benning) three days and visited a lot of old friends from the Army. Some are still in and some were retired. It was hot as Africa down there......I hate that! Then traveled over and spent three days in the Savannah, GA/ Ft. Stewart area. Visited Tybee Island on the coast which is really nice if you like the beach, and ran around historic Savannah which is interesting.

Best part of the trip was when we were in Birmingham with my buddy and some of his police buddies came over and we had some beers and shot the chit. We got started on talking about motorsports and I mentioned snowmobiling. They all got a blank look on their faces then one of them pipes up," Is that there one of those snow machines with the two razors on the front and a big tire in the rear?" (you have to do it in a southern drawl though). I about busted a gut laughing. so I set about explaining the fine art and fun of snowmobiling for better part of an hour. Needless to say I will have three southerners coming to my house this winter over the christmas time frame to sled. Should be a blast watching those boys ride.

Hope you all had a good summer, and I am waiting for first snow.
[b]"It's alright to be stupid but it's not alright to abuse the privilege"[/b]

[img]http://www.paloozza.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=854&stc=1 height=100 width=100[/img]

[img]http://image.pathfinder.com/asiaweek/onedigitalday/update/images/update06/06.jpg height=150 width=200[/img] "A good beatings what you need..."
Land_Warrior

Postby Ryan700 » August 10th, 2004, 7:34 am

i must of missed why it was the "road trip from hell"

sounds like a pretty good time - good buds, cold drinks, all you were missing was SNOW
Ryan700

Postby Land_Warrior » August 10th, 2004, 8:35 am

4800 miles in car in 11 days, all it seemed like to me was I was driving all the time. We had some good times though, I drove all the miles, so the family slept while I drove....so I kinda slept walked through some of the stop overs.

It was good though to see old friends, and get some lazy time laying around the pool and beach.
[b]"It's alright to be stupid but it's not alright to abuse the privilege"[/b]

[img]http://www.paloozza.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=854&stc=1 height=100 width=100[/img]

[img]http://image.pathfinder.com/asiaweek/onedigitalday/update/images/update06/06.jpg height=150 width=200[/img] "A good beatings what you need..."
Land_Warrior

Postby PA500XCSP » August 10th, 2004, 8:52 am

Going to Vermont Saturday 8/14 for a week. Rented a log cabin on 90 acres. Gonna watch the leaves & grass grow for 7 days. I need a break. Gonna have wife & daughter along for entertainment if I get bored.
PA500XCSP

Postby Badrap aka Rev_girl » August 10th, 2004, 8:55 am

Hey Phil, on your way back you should stop by and say hi.
If its not a badrap its not a rap at all!!
Badrap aka Rev_girl

Postby candoo » August 10th, 2004, 10:07 am

Fished most weekends at our lake lot. Just made air line reservations for 28 days in Spain.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/candoo/skidoobee.jpg height=100 width=100[/img]
candoo

Postby joshc » August 10th, 2004, 10:55 am

went to Reno, NV had a blast down there. Other then that been racing karts in central WI.
Ride the Green
joshc

Next

Return to Trash Talkers