Subscribe Today

Most memorable...

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Most memorable...

Postby Crackie » August 19th, 2004, 6:05 am

Well......I have got a couple that I think are funny.

When I was 7 and my Mom was teaching me how to drive. We were in a field by my house and she was on the back. She showed me where the gas was and where the brake was. Well I goosed on er and kept going-she fell off on the start and was trying to run through the snow after me and I was flying and couldn't stop it.

Then two at my first trasher ride at Tug.

Second day- I was close to the back....lol.... and one guy passed me on the left going through the woods on a straightaway so I thought we were going straight and everyone in front braked and turned right. Well, needless to say Crackie couldn't really make the turn so I pulled this snowcross evasive manuever and there I was ass over teakettle-flipped Pickles sled and the guys running back of me had to help me flip the sucker back over.... that was funny.

Then the last night. Catchin on better-lol 8:00 at night, pitch black and everyone made a sharp turn and I went straight...up the side of a mountain/cliff. I looked down and Joee was sitting there looking up at me with his hands up in the air. ( if his helmet wasn't on he woulda said " Crackie, wat are ya doin? Idiot. " )
If Jager was water and I was a duck,
I'd swim to the bottom and never come up.
But Jager's not water and I'm not a duck,
So slide me the bottle and shut the f*** up!
Crackie

Most memorable...

Postby Crackie » August 19th, 2004, 6:08 am

oh and one more. In town on the trasher ride at Tug and everyone was jumping this snow bank to get onto the road to fill up and there was a car coming so I went really fast and when I hit it i flew up and my knee hit the kill switch and went dead in the middle of the road. LMFAO. The car was sitting there like c'mon moron.
If Jager was water and I was a duck,
I'd swim to the bottom and never come up.
But Jager's not water and I'm not a duck,
So slide me the bottle and shut the f*** up!
Crackie

Most memorable...

Postby jpiler » August 19th, 2004, 6:22 am

Eight of us left Hibbing Mn ,first night Ashland Wi. Next three nights in the U.P. Four full days of riding.Great nightlife, all 8 sleds finished the trip.Two with pretty heavy damage.It was a blast!
jpiler

Most memorable...

Postby FoxGirl336 » August 19th, 2004, 6:43 am

i have 2:
the first, was late at night and i was following my uncle too close and had to stop really fast. well, the sled fishtailed right into a ditch full of water so i got stuck and was soaked. then some really nice guys helped me get my sled out, getting wet themselves. Thanks random guys!

2. I was drag racing my cousin across lake minoqua and decided to do a down and back. well, the down was fine, and the back was fine until i decided to go around a barrel at the end of the lake and turned too fast and just kind of slid off the back of my sled. the sled was fine, and i was fine, i just sat on the ice laughing so hard i was crying. my whole family thought it was hilarious, too bad we didnt get it on tape! by the way... i won that drag race:B
FoxGirl336

Most memorable...

Postby catnfool » August 19th, 2004, 7:00 am

in '93 my old man and I were riding way back on Skyland Rd w/ a Polaris 650 and a Phazer, both modded/unreliable, and no one else in sight. We had dropped down some nasty chutes on our way in and were nervous about the Phazer making it back up them. Then the polaris did what the old tripples do best- terminal meltdown!! We were trying to drag it out with a phazer when a bunch on indians from Browning came by and helped us lug it inch by inch up the hills. otherwise, we would still be there...

three years ago we were climbing on Hash Mtn, and I got stuck way up on an open face. While I was dragging the front around, about a 1/2 mile of mountain broke off above me, slamming me face first down the hill. I was completely covered, roaring down the mtn! Every once in a while I would swim to the surface, then it would catch up from behind and bury me. Once when I had my head out the guys at the bottom heard me yell that I had a beeper, but no one else did. (note to self- check buddys for beepers!) When every thing stopped at the bottom of this 1/2 mile climb, I just happened to be uncovered from the waist up. I felt it slowing down when I was way under, and REALLY started swimming hard and praying. My friend was climbing on the other side of the hill, and you could only see the windshield of his exciter, and we found him UNDER his ski- still alive! we were lucky that day:) Remember- wear beepers, and watch where the person is sliding, keeping track of his progress, untill the snow stops moving. Do not take your eyes off him or where he should be, because on a clear day, you might spot them from time to time.

sorry to be so long winded, but this is dear to my heart.
catnfool

Most memorable...

Postby SuZQ213 » August 21st, 2004, 5:44 am

I have two that stand out right off the bat. The first was when I was four or five and decided if I could start my older brother's (he was 10 or 11) 120 then I could ride it too, cuz gee whiz, I could ride a mini bike, I can ride a sled, right? WRONG. Got it started, hit the throttle RIGHT into a bush, the only bush in the front yard. My oldest brother's friend (he was 16) saw me, picked up the sled, put it back in the garage and spanked my arse and said, "You will NEVER ride one of these again, do you understand?" (I was about 30 feet from State Route 43, so I understood allright). HA... guess who one of the guys was that got Sweet Pea and I into snowmobiling some 20 plus years later? LOL!

And finally, my second most memorable and I wish I could forget it because it sucks having nightmares of coming thisclose to falling off a bridge truck and all:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/SuZQ213/6March20016x.jpg[/img]

The good side of this is I got a new ZR600 cross country out of it. And NO, it's never been on either end of a tow rope.... EVER. Knock on wood, the darn thing just keeps running and running and running! :D The most memorable FUN ride I had was the same day the pic was taken. We all played hooky from work, (Shocky, Shockbizotch, Sweet Pea and I) and went towards Buffalo as they were having a beautiful level 3 blizzard. It was a Tuesday, so there wasn't soul on the trails. We broke trail everywhere we went (and even got lost a couple of times). I finally got over my fear of hurting the right arm that was mashed the summer before and could actually ride decently.... then that beautiful crash on a bridge on I-90.
SuZQ213

Most memorable...

Postby Sweet Pea » August 21st, 2004, 5:49 am

I'd have to say in addition to SuZQ's pic up there, the second most memorable was going up an icy hill in western NY... I get to the top then SuZQ crosses the bridge and my friend's wife is right behind her coming up the hill, and they wave as they go right past me.... Apparently the ZR600 developed reverse! :E I had switched from the standard lugged track to the larger lug of Sue's Cross Country and in doing so, no longer had studs under me... Whoops! I went down the hill backwards. Luckily, we were riding with our AC Dealer and as he crossed the bridge, he stopped my sled from going in the creek below.
Sweet Pea

Most memorable...

Postby Patrick11 » August 21st, 2004, 7:17 am

one of my most memorable moments has to be the day i beat my Dads XLT 600 with my 500 ZL, and the day i beat my Buddies ZRT 600 with the same sled, He ended up trading his ZRT 600 for a 02 MXZ 600 for the gas mileage, i think he traded cause i beat him with my 500, guess what, he aint gonna win this year either, lol

But the most memorable moment is when i Wrecked my 97 Polaris XCF, i was bowling a pit, i was being stupid and bowling the lip at the top of the pit, well i did it once and tryed it again, i wernt going fast enough the 2nd time and rolled the sled, i jumped and landed 20 feet down the pit, and had the sled roll over me busted my helmet all to hell and i got a concussion from it, along with my ZL 500 the following season, i Paid $1900 for the XCF with 2100 miles, put $175 into it for the repairs and sold it for $2000 with 4400 miles i think i did pretty good on that deal, lol
[green][b]ARCTIC CAT:[/b] Ride the Best, OR Whine like the Rest[/green]
Patrick11

Most memorable...

Postby Oldtimer F-7 » August 21st, 2004, 9:51 am

Most memorable personally would be sending the TXL340 out over the face of a good sized pit wall at 11:30 at night at 40 MPH. Didn't mean to. Total suprise. Had time to think about it on the way down....wondered if I would find a boulder to land on or would it just be frozen sand...or snow...it seemed like 5 minutes...I kicked free of the sled and came to land on my back feet downhill, whacked the punkin and had a headache for 3 days. Naturally, I wasn't wearing a helmet..But this was back in the day when I wasn't so careful. The sled recieved a bent skid, busted cowl, and bent spindle.

I flipped the same sled end over end over end in a field. Kids had been sliding, and stopped in the same spot every slide. It left a 12" high frozen lump exactly as wide as the sled. And the TXL had 2.3" of front ski travel in the leaves. I hit it dead center at 40...went 15' up and had a true wipe out. I re-fractured my hand, and remember sliding head first on my back, down the hill, watching the sled litterally comming apart like a cartoon. It was a total loss. My hand healed back well, where it had scar tissue holding it from full function before the crash. So it actually helped me. My friend Frank said "I knew you was dead. I didn't even start the sled to come down to you. I knew you was dead."

Then , this past winter, I noticed lil bro not behind me...I went back and found him with a broken leg. 8pm on a mountain, just me and him. Took 40 minutes for the rescue to get there. They were less than 10 miles away. The first rescue was hit by a local drug addict. His wife was the first peson there with him, and she was 12 miles away.
Thank God for cell phones. It was a small miracle that it worked.

So, for all my bravado about riding, I really am trying to not crash this year. Safety first for me now. Rolling the F-7 last season was the last one I hope. Plus, I am in the process of adopting my daughter. Married her mother in june. I owe them my safe return.
yer a high horse'n liberal faggot sympathizer
- Icehole
Oldtimer F-7

Most memorable...

Postby SNOBALLZ » August 21st, 2004, 5:34 pm

Having my right ski get "bumped" by a snow covered rock, and launching the sled into a boulder infested stream. I bailed, and the sled landed nose first into the rocks at 55mph.
End result? 4 bent control arms, cracked ski, and twisted tunnel....BEST PART....pulled the plugs, emptied the water from the motor, popped in 2 fresh plugs, start her up, and RODE it back!
SNOBALLZ

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers