Subscribe Today

How much longer til yamaha is #1?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby MM700 » November 5th, 2004, 6:52 pm

upstate....they get refined every year...number one...go ride one(an 05)....number two...you guys keep *****in about weight...yet have no clue...you don't feel the weight trail riding at all..yes we know it's there, it's not a light sled....but they get lighter every year, and the cat guys have *****ed about weight, rear suspension and handling.....all that has been improved.....so what is there to trash now???....the Rx-1, according to this websites magazine runs with the zr9, and has ride and handling on par if not better than everything on the market..I say thats pretty damn impressive for a machine that with a totally new and different type of engine that has only been on the snow for 3 seasons...they are the only ones doing it right now...I say three years from now Yami will be number one...don't laugh...cause unlike all you ricky racers...the general public perseption of 4 strokes is better than 2 strokes like it or not....just look at outboards, and watercraft....more and more 4 strokes sell every year, either you start building four strokes or get left behind...I think doo and yamaha are gonna leave cat and polaris in the dust with in 3 years if they don't get going...yes doo has sdi, but don't think for a minute they don't have new 4 strokes coming...cause dfi or not the general publics perception of 2 strokes is that they pollute.....Think I am wrong ???..just go ask somebody who doesn't sled what their image of snowmobiling is.
MM700

Postby The Borg » November 5th, 2004, 8:29 pm

As soon as Ferrari is number one. Or Maserati. Or BMW. Or Mercedes. Or Lamborghini. Or Rolls. Ya know, all those two bit brands that are not the sales leader like, say, Yugo was in Russia.

Ouch, Whacker! At least it was all 'red' here in upstate, where the real Yorkers are. Sad thing was Chuckles Shubox got re-elected. Keep him downstate. Better yet, let the Sow Daks have him..(sorry, sowdacks).
[COLOR=#0000ff]Welcome to.........The Real World. :p[/COLOR]
[img]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2103/pc1600246vg.jpg height=200 width=280[/img]

[url=http://cavecountryriders.com]http://cavecountryriders.com[/url]
The Borg

Postby Snotcicles » November 5th, 2004, 10:53 pm

Well MM, time to jump in here. Since your refrenceing the host magazine. You say the RX ran with the ZR, you also said ride and handling on par with the rest. Now the article I read stated that the front and rear were "disconnected," they don't work as well together as the others. As far as just rear skid action, they pretty much say the pre''05 version was junk. Which most of us already knew. And here is the RX quote in a nutshell, "the 2005 RX-1 still performs best on [b]smooth, wide open trails,[/b] however, as do the 2003 and 2004 models."

Was we reading the same mag MM? Snogoer December issue? As long as the people that buy it realize it ain't a bumpy trail ditch bangin' boondocking ultimate type performance sled then they should be happy.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Snotcicles

Postby Loudflipper » November 5th, 2004, 11:15 pm

I don't see reason even to compare Heavy azz yamahaulers to a high performence 2 toker. Lets get real here!!!! I've braaaaaped a rx-1 before they sux!!!! Handling was poor, power was par, suspension suxed, flying over driveways was a chore, throwing 360's in a parking lot was like hipsliding 3000 pounds over and over. Lets face it all Rx-ton owners are A over 45, B 2 uppers, or C they don't know shizz about a sled.
Lets go ice fishing
Loudflipper

Postby Johnny Skeptical » November 6th, 2004, 1:14 am

speakin of not knowin shizz you just finding out that cats aren't all they are "CRACKED" up to be lol
I coulda told ya that from the nosebleed section----ahh the youth of today....
[img]http://pics.greatestjournal.com/userpic/11908820/671512[/img]
BEFORE YAMAHA...
Johnny Skeptical

Postby OPTIMUS » November 6th, 2004, 1:39 am

Dont hold your breath on it there buddy lol.Or you'll die by the time it happens.Im kidding the answer is never
REVENGE IS BEST SERVED COLD!!!
OPTIMUS

Postby upstatenysled » November 6th, 2004, 3:20 am

[quote]....the Rx-1, according to this websites magazine runs with the zr9, and has ride and handling on par if not better than everything on the market..I say thats pretty damn impressive for a machine that with a totally new and different type of engine that has only been on the snow for 3 seasons

But if you read the article it said the rx-1 and zr were swapping third and forth to the z and the fusion .It also said the fusion had the best suspension out of all four .They have had there 3 years isn't this the first year of the cleanfire .So if you want to trade for third and forth all the power to ya..
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/865590/Polaris5.gif[/img]
upstatenysled

Postby treewhacker » November 6th, 2004, 3:26 am

Get used to it, the 4Strokes are here to stay and will be dominent.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1278/a1ugly.jpg[/img]
treewhacker

Postby raisinL » November 6th, 2004, 3:47 am

Geez I guess you read you believe. Yami made great leaps with the hi po 4 stroke. First ones to do so now the rest will try to keep up. Most of the problems I see with most of you trashers you ride sleds mostly from the last decade. Then ya come here and tell us what a pos it is and ya never rode one. With great feul mileage pulls like a frieght train power adding NO oil every fill up and a new skid it wont be very long before you'll want one thats my 2 cents.lol
raisinL

Postby drifter7 » November 6th, 2004, 3:53 am

How excactly can a front and rear suspension feel disconnected? WTF? I hope they feel disconnected, you wouldn't want them connected. Snowgoer, pardon the critizism, are a little wussy on their reviews. Supertrax praised both the Vector and the RX-1 as 2 of the premium rides on the snow. Suspensions set up for aggressive riding and all day comfort.
drifter7

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers