Subscribe Today

m-10 vs. edge

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

m-10 vs. edge

Postby Old#7 » December 4th, 2004, 3:48 am

After 11 years on my '94 XLT I have decided to break down and buy a new sled. I'm thinking the XCSP 600 would be best for my riding needs. I'm kinda bummed that I didn't snow check in the spring because from what I understand I could have ordered it with the M-10 for something like $250 more, but wasn't really in a position to buy one at the time. To put one in now I'm sure would be rather expensive. I have never ridden a sled with an M-10 and would just like to get some opinions on the two suspensions and if the M-10 is really that much better. Also what would I be giving up if I just bought the 600 Classic with the M-10 already there instead of the XC?
Old#7

m-10 vs. edge

Postby proXpilot » December 4th, 2004, 3:59 am

m10's are only good if your a non aggressive rider.
[url=http://www.syracuse.com/oneidalakecam/index.ssf/video]onieda lake live cam![/url]
[green]TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER!!![/green]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/proxpilot/bobblehd218x218.gif[/IMG]
proXpilot

m-10 vs. edge

Postby M-10Ace » December 4th, 2004, 4:42 am

Some other thoughts. M-10 is perfect for groomed trails. You can ride as aggressive as anybody and stay with anybody if you can ride. If you put your sled in the air alot, stay with the edge. I've had many models with both, TONS of miles in both, and can tell you that my opion is M-10 rules for trail riding-as fast or not as you want to go.
M-10Ace

m-10 vs. edge

Postby Old#7 » December 4th, 2004, 4:53 am

Thanks for the responses! I don't really like to pound it through the moguls but I do like to grab a little air once in a while. How about cornering?
Old#7

m-10 vs. edge

Postby snirt » December 4th, 2004, 5:04 am

the M-10 is choice. the edge suspension isn't bad either. the M-10 is more comfort oriented, the edge is more preformance oriented. either one will ride a ton better than your '94.
snirt

m-10 vs. edge

Postby kenlacy » December 4th, 2004, 5:06 am

[quote]m10's are only good if your a non aggressive rider.[/quote]

That has to be about the dumbest statement I have heard!

Take the M-10 - it is better than the Edge in every way but it robs about 2-3 mph on top and your accel will be a millisecond slower. It is way better through the moguls. Some will argue that since it sits up taller, the cornering is a little more tippy - I have a bud with an XC8 non M-10 and our sleds handle very similarly in the corners.

Only drawback (not if you have the ACE or jack) is adjusting for big jumping - and I don't mean 3-4 foot moguls, you won't need to adjust for that. I jump road approaches a lot with my XC8(M-10)and I have to really nail one and land flat to get it to bottom or jar.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

m-10 vs. edge

Postby RXL-XC7-RIDER » December 4th, 2004, 11:35 am

DONT BE SHY OF THE CLASSIC, I bought one, but traded it for the XC, the classic is the Xc --just with electric start and fuel gauge and mirrors, m-10,, classics are great...will probally get the gfriend one wiht m-10
[img]http://img74.exs.cx/img74/930/March-LittleValley003.jpg height=338 width=450[/img]

WILL TRAVEL FOR SNOW!!!
RXL-XC7-RIDER

m-10 vs. edge

Postby Michiganstopcat » December 4th, 2004, 11:51 am

I got the m-10 when I ordered my 03 800 and until the factories come out with something better I wont ride a sled without an m-10.If your a trail rider theres nothing better period.I dont care how big the moguls are or how fast your going the m-10 is the way to go.If you handg out on the lake all day and drag race then go with the edge.The m-10 is a ''riders'' suspension.If you try one youll never want to go back.
Michiganstopcat

m-10 vs. edge

Postby The Borg » December 4th, 2004, 12:04 pm

Got a couple of pro actions I'll sell you, cheap. Best suspension out there.
I'm just not worthy of them...:B
[COLOR=#0000ff]Welcome to.........The Real World. :p[/COLOR]
[img]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2103/pc1600246vg.jpg height=200 width=280[/img]

[url=http://cavecountryriders.com]http://cavecountryriders.com[/url]
The Borg

m-10 vs. edge

Postby M10rules » December 4th, 2004, 2:26 pm

Go with the M10. I have 7500 miles on mine and still going good. Have had a few issues but they were my mistakes. First one was around 5000 miles. Left one of the suspension bolts loose by accident and it wore out the hole. Has lead to a few other problems but any suspension would have done the same thing.

Things I have found:
-Rebuild shocks every summer
-DO NOT get the MValve installed....that was a waste.
-Have the FIST installed at first rebuild if it doesn't have it already. Also have the Fast M10 front spring put on.
-Set FRA 1/2 setting higher then recommendation for weight.
-I also set the spring preloads just about the stiffest
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Next

Return to Trash Talkers