Subscribe Today

Fusion 900 troubles??? Or is this one a dud?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby zert » December 6th, 2004, 5:10 pm

I found these posts over on amsnow, seems the Fusion might be a dog. Time will tell.

heres a quote from hardcore for all you guys that though the fusion wasn''t going to be a turd

"Out testing today on Netley Creek running a half mile runs, it seems that the diamond drive really works great. We ran 05 F6 and F7 along with are buddies 03 ZR 800 136in 1.25 track, a 800 piped Switchback and of all sleds a 05 900 Fusion. We all were drag racing from roll ons, speeds recorded on GPS.

The results are as follows: F6 TTS racing = 107
05 F7 (Black WIndow) TTS racing = 112
03 ZR = 107
Switchback = 105
05 Fusion = 104
BMP F8 = 127

Out of the bunch the 05 F6 was the most IMPRESSIVE sled out of the bunch. This sled just flat out rocks. It was almost as strong as the F7 for the first 700ft with the F7 pulling it on top.
The Fusion was the most disappointing of the bunch. This sled had almost 200 miles on it and could not believe its not so 900 performance. We ran equal weight drivers did not make a difference, clutched it which helped alot but still could not get any MPH out of this sled. The day was sunny -15C on great conditions about two to three inches of snow on ice.
The F6 and F7 were brand new out of the box absolutely STOCK. Ran them hard after about 11 miles on both. Now have almost 60 miles. Break them in hard and they will run hard!
This is fact, not degrading any product we all owned both products. We hoped the Polaris would run a little stronger, maybe Polaris will step up to the plate and come up with a solution. Going out tomorrow, another Fusion will be there (hopefully stronger) and anyone else who wants to show up........ Trackside bring that Creamsicle will get her going!!!!!"

tracksidedown on 12/6/2004 8:45:29 AM What happens on the trail...stays on the trail! I was out on Netley Creek yesterday with my 05F7 and can confirm the above results...my F7sno-pro with the 1.375 track pulled 105mph on GPS....speedo showing 109mph...a 05F7standard, box-stock with studs (1'' track)went 111mph while racing me and later in the day ran 114mph on GPS....

2 F6's were beating a Fusion in 1/2 mile runs from 30mph rolling starts....not bashing, just stating the facts!

900cfi on 12/6/2004 8:58:34 PM Yes the fusion is slow I know because I have 200 miles on mine and it is slow, bad gas mileage,vibrates good,terrible starting 5-8 pulls,terrible top end.If nobody believes me drive up to flin flon,manitoba and you can take it for a ride.
zert

Postby Xtreme XC » December 6th, 2004, 5:25 pm

Have read several posts now where some people's Fusions are running hard and fast and others not as good. Just like with the '03 F7's... some where a bit faster than others.

Looks to be a possible problem with the pipe temp sensors. One guy's sled was running poorly, poor milage and wet plugs. Found out pipe sensor was bad. Replaced and a world of difference. Will know for sure within the next month as winter pursues and more snow falls.

But overall to 100mph it's proving to be a fast accelerating machine.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Postby zert » December 6th, 2004, 5:52 pm

Well it had better beat an F6 or they have serious troubles! I don't normally put too much faith in internet postings but in this case there were several guys saying the same thing so I pasted it just to start a ruckus :B Can't wait for the snow to pile up so I can get out and see some of the new stuff run.
zert

Postby 04 SNO PRO » December 6th, 2004, 6:09 pm

Are you a ARCTIC CAT rider?I'm looking for some info on a/c clutch recomendations,for a firecat.
04 SNO PRO

Postby luvthemud » December 6th, 2004, 7:54 pm

looks like polaris better figure something out or this could be a huge embarrassment for them. too bad i kind of like the looks of the fusion and was thinking about trying one out. i would hope that it would be faster then a 600 though?? wait and see i guess
2004 Red Team Arctic F7
luvthemud

Postby Straightliner » December 6th, 2004, 11:48 pm

Last night I lined up the Fusion against my 600 X Edge. This 600 has a hole shot like a sling- shot. It has not been beat by stock F7 or F6 in 500ft yet and I ran alot of them. I don't mention the ZR 900 because most of them are slower then the F7. I am not geared for 500ft everone running stock gearing. I spotted the 600 2 sled lengths and at 500ft mark Fusion was 1 sled length ahead and still pulling hard. Need to do alot of testing with the Fusion and it will be with the rest or ahead. (Later)
Straightliner

Postby The Borg » December 7th, 2004, 12:39 am

Come on, zert. You know a brand biased report when you see one by now, eh?

Just like this one...from the RX1 forum...of all the new iron out there and the miles ridden so far (over 700 in some cases) the only sleds that stand out with ALL POSTIVE GLOWING REPORTS (see how caps can emphasize what you want..hehe) is the 05 RX1. The Machz's, fusions, cats all have had sporadic issues, with the Mach being the most disappointing so far..9mpg..but fast.
This is not a quote...but you get the gist. Same thing.
[COLOR=#0000ff]Welcome to.........The Real World. :p[/COLOR]
[img]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2103/pc1600246vg.jpg height=200 width=280[/img]

[url=http://cavecountryriders.com]http://cavecountryriders.com[/url]
The Borg

Postby zert » December 7th, 2004, 2:12 am

Borg you obviously didn't read my second post in this thread. I am just stirring the pot and don't really care what sled is doing what on the internet. Take Straightliners response for example, he wants everyone to believe that he's never been beat by a Firecat or a ZR 900 or probably anything else for that matter. LOL The Fusion gave up 2 sled lengths out of the hole and then was ahead by a sled length at 500 ft?? LMFAO!!!!! Does the Fusion have a jet engine in it?
zert

Postby mach1mikeM1M » December 7th, 2004, 2:17 am

Zert,why you back peddling for these bbiatches!Keep the trashing no justification needed!Tho i am still bringing a tow rope for your sled its gonna break at the trasher ride!!gonna have to buy one of those tow buddies so i do not cause damage to my Mustard bucket!
mach1mikeM1M

Postby OldCatRacer » December 7th, 2004, 2:21 am

Hey Zert, I'm sure Polaris would love to see that sled themselves. LOL! I do believe on a serious note that a lot of sleds in any CC's and brands are close to each other in 500ft.
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

Next

Return to Trash Talkers