Subscribe Today

Fusion 900 troubles??? Or is this one a dud?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby mach1mikeM1M » December 7th, 2004, 2:33 am

Borg,I sold the Mach,and have an MXZ now,did'nt want to change my name
people have to much fun making "fun" out of it!Plus Zerts wife likes to call me M1M in our special times together![img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/887267/GOVOH-PSJUC-HPIM0093.JPG[/img]
mach1mikeM1M

Postby zert » December 7th, 2004, 2:39 am

Wow that was easy enough. I think the only sleds the Fusions are going to be able to beat are the other Fusions with heavier riders. Polaris crap, just like the past few years. They still don't have a sled that can beat the F7, and now their new savior 900 Confusion can't beat Cat's little ol' 600!!!! At least they got rid of the trailing arms. One step at a time for them I guess. LOL Hey Straightliner I have a ZR 900 that will beat anything in any distance at any time on any surface in any weather. With a little extra tuning maybe I'll be able to beat your 600 too! I ran it against a RX-1 with turbo and off the line he got me by a sled length, then I blew by him by two lengths until he hit the turbo and got back ahead by a length. By the time we got to 500 ft I had pulled back ahead by about 3 sled lengths, but I could hear him gaining on me again. You just never know what will happen in 500 ft! Wad.
zert

Postby Straightliner » December 7th, 2004, 2:48 am

Xtreme XC glad to see someone knows what they are talking about. Instead of these bench racers.The power on this 600 comes in peak @8100rpms.Not your out of the box 7800rpms. (Later)
Straightliner

Postby zert » December 7th, 2004, 2:51 am

C'mon Xtreme, you trying to tell me that you wouldn't care much if the 900 Fusion had no top end?? Polaris didn't introduce this sled to impress the drag racers, they wanted it to compete with the F7, ZR 900, and the Mach Z in normal conditions. If these Fusions don't run with the big boys right out of the crate, Polaris will have some very unhappy owners. I would estimate that 9 out of 10 people who buy a Fusion bought it for top end performance, not ET in 660 feet. Drag racing results are not accurate indicators of a sled's performance, we all know that there is no such thing as a stock drag sled. Is the Fusion going to be another Storm or Ultra?? We shall see.
zert

Postby RWL » December 7th, 2004, 2:51 am

With enough money you can even make a 600 come alive.........what was the question again?
"on a still summer's night you can hear the ring's flake in a rotax engine" :o
RWL

Postby The Borg » December 7th, 2004, 3:02 am

Mike, 583? Did the 670's still have purple painted heads? Never had the S based MXZ's but rode plenty...I liked them. 583 is a great engine.
2 shots with the primer primed, and away they go..
[COLOR=#0000ff]Welcome to.........The Real World. :p[/COLOR]
[img]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2103/pc1600246vg.jpg height=200 width=280[/img]

[url=http://cavecountryriders.com]http://cavecountryriders.com[/url]
The Borg

Postby mach1mikeM1M » December 7th, 2004, 3:07 am

Borg,yes it is the 583,Its clutched and has a shaved head(like me) and is in great shape,not a scratch any where,The last owner was an airplane mechanic,really anal,took care of every thing as you can see he polises the exhaust and engine!I have yet to ride it i just picked it up two weeks ago!
mach1mikeM1M

Postby zert » December 7th, 2004, 3:15 am

There was no question RW, just posted that info to start a pissin' match and it worked. Now we are off on the drag racing stuff. Racing 660 feet doesn't mean much to the average snowmobiler. I'd say that most snowmobilers fall into two categories: those who don't give a******who wins in any distance and ride just for recreation or those who want to be able to beat their friend's sleds when they line them up out on some lake or field. I personally don't know and never have known any normal joe blow riders that mark off 660 feet and declare the winner at that point. I know that the drag racers are only concerned with ET, but drag racers are a small minority of snowmobilers and the manufacturers do not create sleds with the drag racers in mind. Polaris didn't make the Fusion to kick butt in short drags.
zert

Postby OPTIMUS » December 7th, 2004, 3:21 am

You are so full of s~h~i~t your eyes are brown.Since when does your opinion matter anywhere.I owned a 04 900 efi with diamond drive and after a 100mph it fell on its face.So being who i am i sold it.And i now own a fusion.No comparison anywhere better suspension,better engine,and quite a bit faster.F6,F7,blah,blah,blah i dont worry about girl sleds.The only sled on snow this year that can kick my ass is the mach-z 1000.The only cat that made people respect cat was the thundercat the last cat with a name instead of a number or initials.
REVENGE IS BEST SERVED COLD!!!
OPTIMUS

Postby cromejob » December 7th, 2004, 3:22 am

Xtreme, zert is right, and you know as well as I do, that 500 foot ets are easy to achieve, lower the gear ratio and you can have a a drag race set up 440 stomping all over stock ratio 600's. Most sled buyers are going for the stock machine. If someone does see a 600 beat a Fusion, how does that Fusion owner feel? Pretty P.O.ed. Just like a guy that bought a Mach Z, if a 900 were beat him? Thats why people are plopping down 10 grand for these sleds. When you buy the biggest sled that Polaris makes, You expect it to be the fastest 900 out there.
[COLOR=#ff3300]If it is Orange.....it has to be good![/COLOR]
cromejob

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers