Subscribe Today

Fusion 900 troubles??? Or is this one a dud?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby Smack » December 7th, 2004, 3:31 am

[quote]I found these posts over on amsnow, seems the Fusion might be a dog. Time will tell.

heres a quote from hardcore for all you guys that though the fusion wasn''t going to be a turd

"Out testing today on Netley Creek running a half mile runs, it seems that the diamond drive really works great. We ran 05 F6 and F7 along with are buddies 03 ZR 800 136in 1.25 track, a 800 piped Switchback and of all sleds a 05 900 Fusion. We all were drag racing from roll ons, speeds recorded on GPS.

The results are as follows: F6 TTS racing = 107
05 F7 (Black WIndow) TTS racing = 112
03 ZR = 107
Switchback = 105
05 Fusion = 104
BMP F8 = 127

Out of the bunch the 05 F6 was the most IMPRESSIVE sled out of the bunch. This sled just flat out rocks. It was almost as strong as the F7 for the first 700ft with the F7 pulling it on top.
The Fusion was the most disappointing of the bunch. This sled had almost 200 miles on it and could not believe its not so 900 performance. We ran equal weight drivers did not make a difference, clutched it which helped alot but still could not get any MPH out of this sled. The day was sunny -15C on great conditions about two to three inches of snow on ice.
The F6 and F7 were brand new out of the box absolutely STOCK. Ran them hard after about 11 miles on both. Now have almost 60 miles. Break them in hard and they will run hard!
This is fact, not degrading any product we all owned both products. We hoped the Polaris would run a little stronger, maybe Polaris will step up to the plate and come up with a solution. Going out tomorrow, another Fusion will be there (hopefully stronger) and anyone else who wants to show up........ Trackside bring that Creamsicle will get her going!!!!!"

tracksidedown on 12/6/2004 8:45:29 AM What happens on the trail...stays on the trail! I was out on Netley Creek yesterday with my 05F7 and can confirm the above results...my F7sno-pro with the 1.375 track pulled 105mph on GPS....speedo showing 109mph...a 05F7standard, box-stock with studs (1'' track)went 111mph while racing me and later in the day ran 114mph on GPS....

2 F6's were beating a Fusion in 1/2 mile runs from 30mph rolling starts....not bashing, just stating the facts!

900cfi on 12/6/2004 8:58:34 PM Yes the fusion is slow I know because I have 200 miles on mine and it is slow, bad gas mileage,vibrates good,terrible starting 5-8 pulls,terrible top end.If nobody believes me drive up to flin flon,manitoba and you can take it for a ride.[/quote]

If you were basing any of this on fact, I might agree with you zert. Instead You've chosen a post written by a cat droolie over at amsnot. Probably RWL. It wasn't authored by a nonbiased testing facility. You sheep make me laugh.
Smack

Postby cromejob » December 7th, 2004, 3:42 am

[quote]You are so full of s~h~i~t your eyes are brown.Since when does your opinion matter anywhere.I owned a 04 900 efi with diamond drive and after a 100mph it fell on its face.So being who i am i sold it.And i now own a fusion.No comparison anywhere better suspension,better engine,and quite a bit faster.F6,F7,blah,blah,blah i dont worry about girl sleds.The only sled on snow this year that can kick my ass is the mach-z 1000.The only cat that made people respect cat was the thundercat the last cat with a name instead of a number or initials.[/quote]

Boy OPTIMUS, your really are an idiot! The only sled that made people respect cat was the Thundercat? F-7, may not win every race, but it runs with the 800's just fine, and bashing Cats names, just remember, you point 1 finger 3 point back at you, here are some Good names for you....XC800,XC600,700XC SP, RMK, MXZ, RX-1. Oh and speaking of RX-1's don't try racing one all the way across the lake, beacuse you'll really be letting you battleship mouth overload your rowboat AZZ then. What a moron!
[COLOR=#ff3300]If it is Orange.....it has to be good![/COLOR]
cromejob

Postby Xtreme XC » December 7th, 2004, 3:42 am

No zert I don't care. If they are hitting 104 to 109 true MPH that wouldn't bother me. My XC8 I had was around 105 and during all of my ride's I've ever done on the trail I've only hit that once and that was down the Raco grade on the first Trasher ride. The Fusion was make to be a torque corner to corner machine, and that is what it has proven to be. Notice that none of the cat guys that have played with Fusions ever tell drag race results... there's a reason, the Fusion is quick.

Chrome, that statment was rediculous, so you think you can just gear down a 600 and beat a 800 or 900 sled? Well shoot, then just gear it up and it will beat a XCR8 or T-cat across the lake right? (NOT!). Top end only show's how a sled is geared. The Fusion has a 1.48 ratio but only rev's in the low 7k's. However I do believe that the Fusions are mapped rich. An aftermarket programed ECU would probably make a world of difference just as it does to the F7's that you see run grass in stock class.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Postby zert » December 7th, 2004, 3:47 am

What's the matter Optimus?? Afraid you made the wrong choice again this year?? LMAO! The race results I posted weren't my opinion putz, they were actual results those guys had. It's no secret the 04 ZR 900's were slugs on top end, sorry about your bad luck! You should have bought a leftover 03 like the one pictured below, they are quite a bit faster. You went in over your swelled head when you said the F6 and F7 are girly sleds, cuz in a couple more weeks when the snow flies you may be eating your words when your Confusion gets whipped by one of those small sleds!!
zert

Postby Smack » December 7th, 2004, 3:52 am

[quote]What's the matter Optimus?? Afraid you made the wrong choice again this year?? LMAO! [red][b]The race results I posted weren't my opinion putz, they were actual results those guys had.[/b][/red] It's no secret the 04 ZR 900's were slugs on top end, sorry about your bad luck! You should have bought a leftover 03 like the one pictured below, they are quite a bit faster. You went in over your swelled head when you said the F6 and F7 are girly sleds, cuz in a couple more weeks when the snow flies you may be eating your words when your Confusion gets whipped by one of those small sleds!!

[green][b]LMFAO!!!! baaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!![/b][/green]
Smack

Postby zert » December 7th, 2004, 4:03 am

Xtreme I don't think you are seeing my point here, correct me if I'm wrong. If the Fusion is only as fast as your xc800 was, is that a good thing?? If we are talking about Polaris wanting to build a sled that accelerates well and performs best from corner to corner on the trail, why did they bother to make it a 900? They could have done that with a 700. If you are average joe and you go buy a Fusion and ride it stock, like 99 percent of people do, and you go out and get beat top end by a smaller sled or get smoked by a same size sled you are not going to be happy. Take OPTIMUS for example. He didn't like his ZR 900efi because it had no top end so he sold it after a year. I did the same with my 01 ZRT. I'm betting that Polaris doesn't want to hang their hat on the fact that the Fusion "accelerates well and zips from corner to corner", we can do that on a 500 anytime. If the Fusion is slow top end, Polaris has a big time problem.
zert

Postby zert » December 7th, 2004, 4:07 am

Hey Smack go read the thread, it's under the Take it Outside forum on amsnow, posted by Krom and backed up by a couple other dudes. The last guy was a Fusion owner. I don't know for a fact that the Fusion is slow, just said if it is then Poo is in deep sheeot. I can't wait to race one myself to see how they are, but I bet the Fusion guy will be alot more nervous then I will be before we line them up!
zert

Postby cromejob » December 7th, 2004, 4:11 am

Xtreme please, read my post and settle down, I said in 500 ft versus stock set up sleds, I don't see anywhere in there where I said a 600 would beat a thundercat across the lake. In 500 feet, alot of sleds are created equal with gearing, or is this concept above your radar?
cromejob

Postby zert » December 7th, 2004, 4:17 am

Hey crome, Xtreme will defend Polaris no matter what.:W I think that when he goes back and reads his post about not caring about the Fusion's top end performance he will realize he slipped up. Polaris NEEDS this sled to perform with the F7, RX-1, ZR 900, and the Mach Z. If it doesn't do that in stock form it will be unsuccessful, period.
zert

Postby cromejob » December 7th, 2004, 4:26 am

I refuse to beleive he doesn't know what I'm talking about. I know for a fact I can make a 440 run with a 600 for 500 feet. Its after 500 feet that the problem occurs. I didn't think Xtreme was a wad, I'm starting to wonder now.
cromejob

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers