Subscribe Today

Fusion 900 troubles??? Or is this one a dud?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby Xtreme XC » December 7th, 2004, 5:18 am

Zert, are you going to tell me that your 900 has a lot more top end than your 800? All I am saying is that for ME it wouldn't be a big issue because I rarely ever get above 100 when I ride. If I wanted more speed then it's a matter of changing to a 1" track or even just regearing for that matter. I almost wonder if the Fusion isn't geared too high. With the XC8's they actually gained a few mph dropping from a 25 to a 24t top gear. This let the sled fully shift out where the stock gearing was just too much for it to do that. This could be the same issue with the 900. A 1.48 ratio is quit tall even though it only revs too just over 7k.... don't know, haven't played with one. Once again, I think there is some bad ones and good ones... just like the '03 F7's. Yes some of these may have problems... again reread what I said about the pipe sensors. No I won't defend anything about Pol... they aren't paying me a dime so what do I care. I do however think it's funny you pull one bad post out of many good ones that are out there and post it up like they are all that way. Maybe most of them will be??? won't know for awhile yet. This sled deffinatly needs to be a hit for them though I do agree, so far overall it is looking to be just average in that it's great to 100mph but not much after that. Heard about some pushing issues in corners but all other handling and ride aspects have had nothing but praises from Pol guys and other brand guys that got to ride them. So since you say top end is more important than acceleration, how does that compare to ride quality and handling? So if a sled has great acceleration, ride and handling but lacks top end does that still make it a dud?

Crome, yes I know you didn't say anything about a T-cat but was just making a point. But anyway, stock for stock the race 440's will stay with or even beat a 600 to 500'.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Postby tracksidedown » December 7th, 2004, 5:25 am

[quote]You are so full of s~h~i~t your eyes are brown.Since when does your opinion matter anywhere.I owned a 04 900 efi with diamond drive and after a 100mph it fell on its face.So being who i am i sold it.And i now own a fusion.No comparison anywhere better suspension,better engine,and quite a bit faster.F6,F7,blah,blah,blah i dont worry about girl sleds.The only sled on snow this year that can kick my ass is the mach-z 1000.The only cat that made people respect cat was the thundercat the last cat with a name instead of a number or initials.[/quote]

those "girl" sleds were kicking the snot out of the Fusion's from 30mph rolling starts....here's pictures, also 20 guys "most of them" internet users were there! you poo guys are in DENIAL

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54038&st=15
tracksidedown

Postby RWL » December 7th, 2004, 6:01 am

OUCH fella's.........(i'd say the "girl's" sleds have come aways):B

* I know,I know, you need more proof! Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha.......

* Ohhh no track, your postin from other sites now a few of the boy's here dont like that! he,he,he,he......:B
"on a still summer's night you can hear the ring's flake in a rotax engine" :o
RWL

Postby zert » December 7th, 2004, 6:05 am

Hey Xtreme I wasn't digging for mud on the Fusion when I found that post made by Krom and Tracksidedown, just thought I'd post it over here to have some conversation about it. I want to race a Fusion myself just to see what happens. I know you don't do much trail riding and probably don't give a******about stock performance because you probably haven't had a stock sled in recent memory, but a vast majority of Fusion owners will be average fellas who don't wrench on it.
zert

Postby RWL » December 7th, 2004, 7:27 am

Huh? where did Xtreme go i wonder....Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha.......nevermind i know!:B
RWL

Postby Smack » December 7th, 2004, 7:29 am

Zert and RWL, Dumb and dumber tag team.
Smack

Postby Xtreme XC » December 7th, 2004, 7:42 am

RWL what do you mean where did I go? I just posted above ya dip!
Xtreme XC

Postby RWL » December 7th, 2004, 7:47 am

[quote]RWL what do you mean where did I go? I just posted above ya dip![/quote]Um your last up "above ya" post was @ 10:18am & i asked where did ya go @ 12:27pm Um...yeah ya dip........:? "Daaa right above ya norton"
RWL

Postby RWL » December 7th, 2004, 7:49 am

[quote]Zert and RWL, Dumb and dumber tag team.[/quote]I know it's hard to compete against someone with "A FLEET OF 4" :?
RWL

Postby Xtreme XC » December 7th, 2004, 7:59 am

ok, sorry I didn't repost something at 12:06.
Xtreme XC

Previous

Return to Trash Talkers