Subscribe Today

*** Official Vikings @ Eagles game thread ***

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby BigJWalt » January 13th, 2005, 3:02 am

Early line has the Eagles picked to win by 10.

Some nice quoter from the paper today. The Eagles dont usually spout off at the mouth, but I think they are here to proove a point!
--------------
"I think we've got a little something up our sleeve," offensive tackle Tra Thomas said after yesterday's practice at the NovaCare Complex. "I think we're definitely going to make something happen."
--------------
"If the focus goes to Westbrook, then you'll see more guys step up and make plays," McNabb said. "In this offense, we spread the ball around and we take pride in that. I know you guys have questions about the receiving corps since T.O. is hurt. Our receiving corps is fine. We'll make plays and we'll win the game."
--------------
"You guys said that T.O. took the pressure off me," McNabb said. "Now, I guess I have all the pressure again. I love pressure. I love to step out there and everybody is standing on their feet with their mouths wide open to find out what I'm going to do next. Buckle your seat belts and enjoy the ride."
[green]If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning is not very exciting. [b]Dick Vermeil[/b] [/green]
BigJWalt

Postby RIGGS1 » January 13th, 2005, 3:04 am

Is football still going on? :)

Eagles by 17.
[img]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/big2_cond/language/www/US/WI/Mercer.gif[/img]
RIGGS1

Postby FiredUpRupp » January 13th, 2005, 3:13 am

Eagles should win. They are the better team. Chris Carter picks the Vikes by 6 though. Even if the Vikes lose I am still content cause we ended the Pack's season!
FiredUpRupp

Postby BigJWalt » January 13th, 2005, 3:30 am

I am not making any official predictions, but I think the Eagles will win by 10-13 points. They are the better team this week, but the game still has to be played on the field.
[green]If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning is not very exciting. [b]Dick Vermeil[/b] [/green]
BigJWalt

Postby kenlacy » January 13th, 2005, 3:54 am

This is strange of me to say - but if Moss plays and is somewhat capable - the Vikes will win.

The last game was really a lot tighter than the score showed - a bad call by the refs allowing a TO td and Dauntes fumble at the 1/2 yard line were big issues.

Philas D hasn't played nearly to the level they expected and without TO - their offense is going to struggle.

If your a betting man - bet the dogs again this week, they wen't 3-1 last week.

Look for the Pats to lose. Pitt will squeak by. Mn will upset the Eaglets. Atlanta to win on OT by a FG.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby FiredUpRupp » January 13th, 2005, 4:10 am

Atlanta vs St. Louie is sneaky. St. Louis has the offense to hold Atlanta down but Martz can be such a dipstick at times. You force Vick into a few turnovers and you start to see the instability. Plus I think if you run on them the defense wears out.

I think New England can take the Colts. Belichek has had two weeks to scheme on Manning. He couldn't have thought that Denver would have had a chance. But on the other hand if Manning is hot he can't be stopped. Corey Dillion is the key to a New England victory. If he controls the clock. Manning can't perform from the sidelines.

I think Pittsburg wins easily. If Abrahms doesn't play I think you see 20+ carries for each Duce and Bus. You will also see a couple deep shots to Plaxico and Ward is way underrated.

I think the Eagles beat the Vikes. Philly is a tough place to play and Reid is a great coach. I think it close but it is gonna come down to the kicking game. Anderson is really only good from about 40 yards and Akers is a stud. I think 24-21 Beagles win on a late 4th quarter field goal by Green Akers.
FiredUpRupp

Postby Spuds » January 13th, 2005, 6:12 am

Who cares
Keepin the flipper wicked since 1978
Spuds

Postby Uller God » January 13th, 2005, 7:23 am

AFRO's (America's Finest Recievers On Sunday) are coming out!

2-0 wit da fro...buy buy Philly!

Skol Vikes!
Uller God

Postby doo it » January 13th, 2005, 8:34 am

Vikes! eat "Philly Beef and Cheddar" with "Eagle" hot sauce and wash it down with a frosty cold "Rolling Rock"

Vikes by "7"

Later
doo it

Postby BigJWalt » January 13th, 2005, 8:53 am

I am going, I will get you a photo recap of the day. Remember the last time I did that? Green Bay game. Eagles won 47-3.

KenLacy, The Eagles D started off very slow, and has gotten better all year. Early in the year the analyst were saying they cant stop the run, and the CBs were too young. Obvously these analyst didnt know what they were talking about. Moss will quit (pretend to be hurt) by the 3rd quarter because the Eagles are up big!!!! Then you Vikes fans will have an excuse.
BigJWalt

Next

Return to Trash Talkers