Subscribe Today

Trash Talker Fantasy Nascar League is now open....git er done!!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby JohnPrusak » February 11th, 2005, 7:37 am

WOW Ropepuller -- you're not talking about the No. 66 car out of Eau Claire that used to terrorize the dirt tracks across the Upper Midwest are you? I grew up chasing that car around -- talk about bringing me back -- occassional Friday nights at Red Cedar or Fountain City, most Saturday nights at Cedar Lake, occassional Sundays at North Star or Kassen, etc.

Mike -- yes, I agree, phanatics in any spectator sport are amazing to watch, and the NASCAR clothing is about as gaudy as it gets. It's only topped by the World Of Outlaw sprint car clothing. Going to an Outlaw race is a highlight of my summer every year, but I don't think I'd be caught dead in one of the t-shirts they sell at those events. Talk about loud!
JohnPrusak
Snow Goer Staff

Postby Ropepuller » February 11th, 2005, 7:58 am

Uh....thats the one I liked the best. The white Monte w/ the Schlitz sponsor. Bad for Phil I also liked Harold Mueller.

I also thought there was a red version running asphalt in Mn. some years later.

Thunder cars ring a bell?
[b]When in doubt.....whip it out[/b]
Ropepuller

Postby JohnPrusak » February 11th, 2005, 8:21 am

Ah, the Schlitz car -- talk about gaudy clothing, Phil and my dad and the other Prusak brothers all wore these Schiltz shirts every weekend at the races, gaudiest darn thing I've ever seen, must have had 250 Schiltz logos on them! Though it had quite an influence on me -- I attained my love of beer early in life, a love that is still with me. I remember Harold, too. If Phil had to be beat, I'd just as soon have it be Harold or Brent Laursen back in those days (grew to appreciate Leon Plank in a later era). As for the "other" 66 that competed on asphalt, that was my cousin, Joe. He did that pinto/chevette/omni-type class for a few years, then modifieds, then late models, but I don't think he ever had a thunder car.

Fun times, can't believe somebody else on this site lived a similar life at those old dirt tracks...
JohnPrusak
Snow Goer Staff

Postby U.P. Skidoo » February 11th, 2005, 8:56 am

I just "Got 'er Done"..........
[img]http://www.freepichosting.com/Thumbs/421591018/1/600/450.jpg[/img][img]http://www.freepichosting.com/Thumbs/421591018/0/200/136.jpg[/img]
U.P. Skidoo

Previous

Return to Trash Talkers