Subscribe Today

Fell off, almost got beat up and the Mach broke

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby zert » February 10th, 2006, 4:34 pm

Met up with Rick today in Newberry and we headed out for Grand Marais. We were crossing the road just north of Timber Charlies in Newberry when I came off a snowbank sideways and promptly tipped over and fell off on the shoulder of the road. Sled went on it's side, no damage other than hurt pride. We motored on up to Grand Marais on good trails and just west of Grand Marais we came up on a bad crash site. They were hauling a guy out on a backboard, didn't look good. Just up the trail the sled was still lodged up against a guard rail that runs along side the trail right by the big dunes just past Sable Falls. We don't know if the guy was alive or not, but later we saw the ambulance buzzing south so we hoped he was alive. We then swung south toward Seney and hit excellent trails all the way to the Hot Dog stand. Stopped there and had lunch then headed back to Newberry. As we came to stop sign just north of Newberry, 3 sleds zipped out right in front of us and took off. Rick was in front and we quickly caught up to them and Rick tried passing the rear sled 3 or 4 times by getting up along side of him. They guy wouldn't budge and tried to keep us behind him and his slug F7. Rick got fed up and blew past him and the next guy in line so I flipped the throttle and passed them too. We then caught up the the 3rd guy and he waived us by. Later on up the trail we were stopped and these guys came along and started cussing at us for passing them in the twisties. We fired right back about them trying to block the trail. I told the guy on the F7 he should get some mirrors on his slug F7 and he replied with an "F you!" I then replied "Well then, F you too" He then got off his sled and I realized that this was a very very large man, Rick and I estimated he went about 6'6" and over 300 lbs. He had lost his cool and was pretty intent on whoopin my butt. He gave me a two handed shove and then offered to let me swing first! He stuck his big ol' chin out and said "Go ahead". Not wanting to be in a full body cast for the Trash Ride, I declined his offer. We argued for awhile longer and then they left. We continued on and then the Mach started getting loud. Pulled over and found that there were bolts missing from where the pipe connects to the motor and that the gasket was blown off. Got home and found that 3 of the 8 bolts were gone, not real happy with that situation. Hopefully the Doo dealer can get me a new gasket and bolts very quickly if he doesn't have them in stock. Rode Rick's Yamaha Attack and liked the sled pretty well, very easy to ride and quite snappy. Liked it better than LTCM's CrossFire and Ice's Fusion, no offense guys. Time to get fixing this Doo.
zert

Postby Xtreme XC » February 10th, 2006, 5:00 pm

Wow, quit the day! Glad it all passed over well. As far as the sled, nothing a little Yamabond and 3 metric bolts from your local hardware store can't fix!
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Postby NorthernSkunk » February 10th, 2006, 6:07 pm

sorry zert too many bubblies..i'll try readin all that later...
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby Oldtimer F-7 » February 10th, 2006, 6:23 pm

[quote=Zert]Rick and I estimated he went about 5'6" and over 160 lbs. He had lost his cool and was pretty intent on whoopin my butt. He gave me a two handed shove and then offered to let me swing first! He stuck his big ol' chin out and said "Go ahead". Not wanting to be in a full body cast for the Trash Ride, I declined his offer.[/quote]

I don't care how big he is. A thumb 2" deep in his left eyeball will give him an attitude adjustment. He can't hurt what he can't see goddamn him.
yer a high horse'n liberal faggot sympathizer
- Icehole
Oldtimer F-7

Postby Oldtimer F-7 » February 10th, 2006, 6:26 pm

[quote=NorthernSkunk]sorry zert too many words..i'll try readin all that later...[/quote]

A mind is a terrible thing to waste Skunk. Lay off the happy weed.
yer a high horse'n liberal faggot sympathizer
- Icehole
Oldtimer F-7

Postby 2k2mxz6 » February 10th, 2006, 11:57 pm

Zert should of slammed that dick head in the chin with you're helmet that would of got his attention.Them big ****ers fall as fast as smaller guys do,maybe faster.
2k2mxz6

Postby doo it » February 11th, 2006, 12:13 am

Should have told them [b] The Kiddy Trail is over there by the Merry Go Round, Lard azz[/b]

Then said, I suppose that big body and huge arms make you feel tough

Then when he stuck his chin in the air inviting you to swing, You should have kicked him in the nuts!
doo it

Postby Luv2sled » February 11th, 2006, 12:23 am

Zert...congratulations on being the bigger man...**** like that just isn't worth it.
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby mach1mikeM1M » February 11th, 2006, 2:14 am

Im with Luv2 on this one.No need to get in a fight in the moddle of no where.You mind end up seriously hurt or with a slug in the temple from one of those crazy Yooper locals.:B
mach1mikeM1M

Postby yammrhammr » February 11th, 2006, 2:41 am

at least you didnt get run over by another sled. i think i'll just beat ice up next time i see him for passing me. you should be used to bolts falling off being a reformed craptper and all.
My underpowered rattletrap chickenchit Fusion 9
yammrhammr

Next

Return to Trash Talkers