Subscribe Today

Bombi Modular Helmet question?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby SuZQ213 » February 24th, 2006, 10:07 am

Well, I guess my shield falling apart in my hand got Sweet Pea to thinking about getting me a new helmet (wahoo! finally). My kitty dealer has a Bombi Modular and he loves it. I've always been afraid to drop $400 or so on a helmet that might not work for me -- here's my main concern: My nose isn't all that big -- when I tried on the helmet back when they first came out, the mouth/nose piece didn't seem to conform to my face well... I felt like my breath would be coming out through the space in the nosepiece. Have they fixed this in the past several years or is there something I can do to make it fit? Also, do they make electric shields for them? Heck, while I'm asking questions, where did Lacy get that battery pack from for his shield? That's the shizz!!!

Thanks guys (and girls)!
SuZQ213

Postby Icehole » February 24th, 2006, 10:11 am

theres straps to adjust snorkel to face.....good fit and you don't need elec shield.....talkin original model here
Icehole

Postby Smack » February 24th, 2006, 10:15 am

My bud just bought a Bombi Modular Helmet for his wife at Trackside in Eagle River for $220. BTW She loves it. Some people don't though. My brother in law has one and won't wear it. He says he feels claustrophobic.....
Smack

Postby Big Slick » February 24th, 2006, 10:26 am

I paid $165 for my wifes HJC CL-14. Love's it and it doesn't fog as long as you have the air deflecter over the nose adjusted correctly. (Real easy) I also have an electic shield for it but she never uses that.

For Sale: Electric shield for HJC CL-14 ---$75.00
quote=NorthernSkunk...jus another dumbazz comment that is full of schitt....when the f/k are you gonna grow up....
Big Slick

Postby mach1mikeM1M » February 24th, 2006, 10:29 am

I have my Bombi modular and love it.I have not tried the new Bvs2 but i like the old style.Just keep the vents open on the back and front and there will be no problems.Also throw out the little cotton maxi pads they give ya as they are worthless.Call me or pm me for any questions.
mach1mikeM1M

Postby ice_racer_440 » February 25th, 2006, 3:16 am

Those pads in the mouth piece keep the air tubes from icing up. The helmets work well as long as they are latched properly. We have them for $309+ tax.
ice_racer_440

Postby SuZQ213 » February 25th, 2006, 11:25 am

The local sled dealer down the street (not my normal guy) has an "07" yellow Bombi modular.... The silver one was sold, but I think Oldtimer needs to get one for the faker fighter jet. Have you guys SEEN the new ones?

Now, other than the fugly look to them, I really, REALLY liked it -- better than the AC modular helmet... but it's BRIGHT yellow. I'd look like a billiards ball -- and it was over $400. Once I got used to the mask (ha, and stopped hyperventilating) it was comfortable, AND it gives you a lot more peripheral vision than my other helmet. Since it's right up the street from where I work, I'm going back in Monday with my baclava so I can try it on. (Can you believe they didn't have any in stock? They said with the temps around here lately, they've put all their snowmobiling stuff away and are focusing on the Harleys and ATV's now. Yeesh!)
SuZQ213

Postby bad-ass-zx800 » February 25th, 2006, 11:45 am

check out SAK recreationals in Ohio they sell the X team modulars for $199 they are listed on there website i have one of them and love it so far well worth the money thats for sure. They sell electric shields for them also but not sure what the price is. They also have black modulars for $240 i think everything is listed on the website.

[url=http://www.sakrecprod.com/]http://www.sakrecprod.com/[/url]
[b]05 Black REV X 800
144 Woodys Signature Series Studs - 1.175"
C@A Razor Skis
Stud Boy Shaper Bars 6"
J@T Ceramic Coated silencer.[/b]
bad-ass-zx800

Postby Swap » February 25th, 2006, 11:49 am

I got rid of my Modular helmet after seeing someone wipeout on his sled and the modular helmet literally blew apart on impact. Never will I ever own one again...
[b]I just killed a 6-pack!! WATCH IT DIE!!!![/b]
Swap

Postby SuZQ213 » February 25th, 2006, 3:48 pm

Swap, was it a Bombi helmet or was it another modular? Heck, my brother's Mach Z literally LANDED on him and his helmet's fine... his arm is jacked up but his helmet stayed together.

Badass: That place is only about 20 miles from here, but that wasn't the helmet I tried on.... the one I liked was one Ski Dog sent the dealer in Mantua, OH (Carlton's) for display or to show what the 2007 model helmets will look like. They offered to let us buy it since the silver ones seem to be the ones everyone's looking at. I may have to stop by there one day next week though and try that one on -- it's more than 1/2 the price of the new one.
SuZQ213

Next

Return to Trash Talkers