Subscribe Today

F1000/F-8 vs. 4 stroke comparable sleds...

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby zert » March 9th, 2006, 1:08 am

I didn't say you couldn't push your sled on the trail system, don't try to twist what I said. If you want me to believe that every time you ride up there you are pushing your sled to the very limit of it's capabilities and that you are going 100 percent all out on the edge of crashing and burning then I'm sorry, I don't believe you. You don't even know what the actual limits of your sled are, how would you? You can guage a person's riding ability or skill, but there isn't a definite limit for each sled's capabilities. Not possible to determine.
zert

Postby BigDXLT » March 9th, 2006, 1:19 am

Didn't ya hear zert? The Queen of fawking England came over to manitoba just to dub him "Skunk of the North, SUPER SLEDDER"
[img]http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/LAW/02/25/offbeat.queen.dispute.reut/story.queen.cnn.jpg[/img]
BigDXLT

Postby mbenoy119 » March 9th, 2006, 1:23 am

Stinky, why don't you just make the trek down here sometime so as we can leave you in the snow dust on a tight, twisty, hilly section of trail? I'm fat, old and out of shape, but I'm quite certain that I could leave you behind within 10 miles. All you do is flap your lips. I've ridden back country "bush" and the demands on the sled don't even come close to handling a rough section of trail around here. As far as I'm concerned, you're all talk and no walk
mbenoy119

Postby zert » March 9th, 2006, 1:24 am

Seems that everyone else is ignoring his comments, don't know why I'm arguing with him. LOL Seems like Skunk spends more time on the internet than he does riding anyway. How many miles do you have on your sled Skunk and how many years have you had it?
zert

Postby J » March 9th, 2006, 2:02 am

Can anyone say Mid life crisis? My dad is better than your dad. LOL
I need more smiles per hour
J

Postby viper_trails » March 9th, 2006, 2:27 am

great posts Zert. I don't think northern skunk has a clue about how people ride on trails. I could only wish for the days when i could give my sled 100% without having to worry about a sharp turn, 3 foot moguls or someone coming the opposite way. As far as i am concerned, riding like we do in Wisc/Mich requires constant attention and being on edge at every turn, pass etc all the while going as fast as you can but being safe in the process.
viper_trails

Postby Luv2sled » March 9th, 2006, 2:31 am

"exactly...so why is everyone all hung up on cats weight an hp numbers?..."

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! Did Skunk just ask that? LOL
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby NorthernSkunk » March 9th, 2006, 7:18 am

tell me what a person has for miles proves first zert...all I say is that I drive my old cat as hard as it can go every time out...yes zert on the edge every time...I have rolled my sled numerous times...I have blown off the trail and into the trees...I have bumped with other riders at 80+ mile an hour, I bumped with another sled hard enough to bust a motor mount once, an the sled still made it home....lots of us do it like that up here...if you want to ride at the front with some of the sledders I ride with you have to...now when I go for a ride with the best guys up here I am mid to back of the pack...but still pushin my sled hard...of course we slow down when it is saturday afternoon an we are usin a groomed portion of the trail system to get somewhere..but once we are off of that it is pinned to the next stop with no lookin back...the only rule is that the the second last guy has to try an keep an eye out for the last guy because we may go 50 miles like that til the next stop...

..it is just a different way of riding...less traffic and more space makes it possible..that is why I consider where I ride more real world then ridin on public trails with thousands of other sledders...to me that is like highway drivin a car...no fun..

hey viper trails...if you are runnin a viper why are you worried about moguls and tight turns? I thought the Big Bump Champ was the best sled ever for those conditions..

whatever mbenoy119..sayin you can beat somebody you have never met in a sled race is the ultimate in internet snowmobiling..I guess you have reached the top eh...
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby Rick27 » March 9th, 2006, 8:19 am

Skunk, You talk about riding your sled to its limit all the time, then you talk about all your crashes and off trail excursions as if that is a sign of being a great rider. The sign of a good rider is to ride to your limit and not crash. I don't think you are testing the limits of your sled by riding out of control, you are testing your limits as a rider, and everytime you crash you have excedded them. This is not real world riding this in any area is just riding out of control. We are lucky you live by the north pole because here in the civilized world you and your friends would be a menace to anyone coming from the other direction.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak...:S
Rick27

Postby NorthernSkunk » March 9th, 2006, 9:26 am

please read more carefully rick..we do not ride like that where there are lots of other sledders...and how does a sledder know his limits if he never exceeds them once in awhile...snowmobiling is different ..the terrain is very different and is changing constantly...one day you can rip across a stretch and the next day somethin has changed so you need to navigate that in a split second...chit can happen when you push sleds like this...the more you do it the better you get at it...

say what you want rick we are havin a blast up here pushin the sleds..
..so you just keep enjoyin watchin for rookies comin the other way all day in your real world...and I'll keep practisin hittin stuff on the power lines an keepin er under control...when I don't I'll fix it and go again...happy trail cruisin ricky
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers