Subscribe Today

O.T. POLITICAL

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby Norsk » August 20th, 2007, 2:06 pm

This is an excellent topic.

Welfare is a wonderful program, it gives assistance to anyone that is in need. It is unfortunate that some seem to NEED it alot more than the few that can seriously use it.

The bigger lie is the tax breaks and corporate welfare!! If you tax a corporation.......WHO PAYS IT? If a CEO is getting a huge bonus, it has been afforded to him by a board of directors and isn't it them that is responsible for approving expenditures? Sounds an awful lot like govt., President can do alot, but not without Congress writing the checks.

Both sides are corupt. Both are guilty of earmarks and horrid lobbyist corruption, but there is a clear winner in my opinion. Why do Democrats always try to treat the injury and hold back the efforts to stop the accident. Republicans would like to see more of the people involved make more decisions and run things as a business and not a cause.

Vote for the stuff that makes an impact on your life, and not what you "think" makes you feel warm in your heart. Education, agriculture and welfare are going to thrive with either party, no one will ever let you starve.
Norsk

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby Mainecat » August 20th, 2007, 2:35 pm

Our welfare system is far from perfect as fraud accounts for 30% of the budget. Anyone who paints welfare recipients with a broad "waste of my tax dollars" brush always loses my respect.
I have had many friends who served in Vietnam that needed federal assistance for a while after they returned home. They are all contributing to society today.
Members of congress from both sides of the aisle have had opportunities to address fraud in the welfare system but have not in the last decade.
I feel it has helped way more families than it has not.
JMO
Mainecat

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby Norsk » August 20th, 2007, 2:43 pm

I am in complete agreement with you, and that is what the program is for.

If anyone thinks that it is going to be better with either party, they are totally messed in the head.

We can discuss politics til we die, but social programs are not a viable voting stance as they are going to exist almost identically with either, maybe not a third party, but we all know that will not happen.
Norsk

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby Icehole » August 20th, 2007, 3:19 pm

welfare checks should be based on weight...da more ya weigh the less ya get...I also think there should be more discrimination against welfare recipients...humiliation is a great motivator
Icehole

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby *RABID » August 21st, 2007, 12:55 am

Obviously someone is highly uninformed...
TODAY... many military families are on some format of welfare.
Fraud is generally committed by those without need. And alcoholics/addicts are elligible for Social Security Disability - ya, disability.

And for the Corportate Welfare...
I take from the Manchester (NH) Union Leader, this article.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Vice+Admiral+Jack+Shanahan%3a+What+Pentagon+waste+would+candidates+cut%3f&articleId=8042b379-d90f-4a6b-ae50-badb073d850b
*RABID

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby Pol-Cat » August 21st, 2007, 5:05 am

I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree. Nobody said anything about military families not deserving of it, and actually, I couldn't think of anybody more desrving of it. There are some people out there that do need it, do appreciate it, won't abuse the living chit out of it, and will be back on there feet to help support the program in the future. Comparing the welfare program of today, to the program of the 60's, isn't comparable, they relate in name only. I've got no issue with ANYBODY that NEEDS help, getting it, but I've got one hell of a problem of all the fraud and abuse that goes on, and nobody from either side doing anything. All I want to know, is why I go to the store, I'm paying cash and I'm putting hamburg in a 97 suburban, while Mizz Bling is putting fillet mignon in her 07 suburban thats draped in 24's.
My vision is better then my hearing...shut up and show me something.
Pol-Cat

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby FIB » August 21st, 2007, 5:58 am

I'm with ya pol-cat.

Where the debate lies, is that our resident Neo-Cons would abolish welfare all together, so the top 2% of wage earners could get an aditional 1/4% off their taxes. (and through republican math, that will benifit the rest of the country)
Icehole wrote:

......such obbsession can't be healthy
FIB

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby mach1mikeM1M » August 21st, 2007, 6:07 am

[quote=FIB]I'm with ya pol-cat.

Where the debate lies, is that our resident Neo-Cons would abolish welfare all together, so the top 2% of wage earners could get an aditional 1/4% off their taxes. (and through republican math, that will benifit the rest of the country)[/quote]

FIB now your making up lies and that pizzes me off.Who here wants to abolish Welfare?We want it reconstructed to make it so that it can not be abused like it is now is that so hard to understand?
mach1mikeM1M

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby Pol-Cat » August 21st, 2007, 6:09 am

Since I don't listen ta Rush, and I watch a lil fox news a couple times a week, whats the dems going to do
My vision is better then my hearing...shut up and show me something.
Pol-Cat

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby dothedoo » August 21st, 2007, 6:34 am

[quote=FIB]I'm with ya pol-cat.

Where the debate lies, is that our resident Neo-Cons would abolish welfare all together, so the top 2% of wage earners could get an aditional 1/4% off their taxes. (and through republican math, that will benifit the rest of the country)[/quote]

Typical Liberal Lies. DEMS DO NOT WANT PEOPLE TO GET OUT OF POVERTY. It is one of their few sources of power....keeping people poor and dependent upon them....stick with us or the nasty republicans will take your welfare check away and make you get a job.

The debate, and it's not really a debate, is that creating a culture of dependency is not the answer. Our safety net has become an entitlement for far too many.

I could care less about the fraud...some people suck and will work the system as in anything. I'm worried about the kids that are growing up in this culture knowing no other options. To them, watching mom or dad collect public assistance is the same as collecting a pay check. They truly do not understand the difference. My wife sees this everyday working for our county's economic support department. Many of the people she works with see absolutely no difference between government assistance and a paycheck from an employer.

It's not about the money, it's about ruining these people's lives while we think we're doing good.

And you know what FIB?...that's on you.
Mother America is Brandishing Her Weapons. She Keeps Me Safe and Warm by Threats and Misconceptions.
dothedoo

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers