Subscribe Today

O.T. POLITICAL

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby Yoo » August 16th, 2007, 3:12 am

FIB,

From one who has looked into adoption, M1M is right...it is very costly with most of the money going to lawyers. Never trusted lawyers, and as of the last 6 months I trust them even less. Adoption is also not easy especially for a couple in the later 40's (now we are in our 50's).

Have you checked into the waiting list for people that want to adopt? Do some research.

As far as the Republicans in Control...
The Republicans first got control in 1992 and had it till 2006. Total of 14 years. From 1956 to 1992 the Democrats had majority control. Total of 36 years. Roe v Wade was done during Democrats control and a majority of Left Wing Liberal Judges sitting on the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court will/has made the decisions regarding the legality of Killing a Baby. The Supreme Court is split (at best) right now...so nothing will happen unless an individual that wants to protect a child is appointed to fill the next vacancy on the Supreme Court.

For a decision to be made on the legal killing of an unborn child at the State Level, we all know that the side that loses will take it to the Supreme Court.

It has NOTHING to do with the Legislative Branch at this time, nor did it in the past. As again any law that Congress passes and the President Signs in regards to the legal rights of an unborn child will be challenged in the Supreme Court.

As far as a Miscarage, this is a traumatic moment for BOTH parents. Comparing a Miscarage to the INTENTIONAL killing of a child is liking comparing an Auto Accident to murder. Apples and Oranges...even Pro-Killing Groups don't use that comparison.

YES, ALL human life, born and unborn...American-Canadien-Iraqi-Zimbabwe...all human life is precious.

Even yours FIB...however Skunk's life may be questionable.
Yoo

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby FIB » August 16th, 2007, 3:19 am

viper-trails, what I'm talking about is that a high percentage of republican voters seem to base their vote on a candidates position on abortion. And you're right. Abortion shouldn't be a political issue. But it is.

I know abortion is A VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE for MY OWN PERSONAL RELIGIOUS beliefs.

I also do not think its right to force my religious beliefs on you.

GOD gave us free will. And NO, that doesn't mean you can steal, murder, use the lords name in vain, etc., Those are ALL sins. EQUAL in GODS eyes.

I just believe there are MANY more issues that effect GODS children than the abortion issue. I believe a vote should be cast weighing many of those issues.
Icehole wrote:

......such obbsession can't be healthy
FIB

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby kenlacy » August 16th, 2007, 3:34 am

[quote=FIB]kenlacy.... Ask ANY hospital about their policy on this. ALL hospitals will NOT give you the choice of saving the mother or the baby.

The mother is ALWAYS the #1 priority.[/quote]

Doesn't make it right.

[quote=FIB]Ken, With the Republicans in charge of BOTH houses AND the presidency,(until recently) why haven't they changed the abortion law?[/quote]

It is about morality. I don't think a politician running now for the repubs would change it, I just don't want a politician who supports killing children.

[quote=FIB]Ken, Why don't I see Republicans as concerned about a childs welfare AFTER they're born as they are BEFORE they're born??[/quote]

Not sure FIB, I see plenty of care, but more can be done. Again, to me this is not about politicians but rather the direction our country is going morally.

[quote=FIB]Ken, Do you know anyone that had a miscarage in say the 3rd or 4th month of pregnancy? Did they have a funeral?[/quote]

My wife did and no there was not a funeral. We dealt with it on our own between our families. No need for a funeral, funerals are not uncommon though for miscarages. Sad but fortunate is the fact that not much is known about the child at that point, the memories aren't there so it is a bit easier than losing someone after 22 years of age.

[quote=FIB]Ken, Is ALL human life equal?? (as in born and unborn)[/quote]

It starts out that way. Though lives change and circumstances intervene.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby Mainecat » August 16th, 2007, 3:35 am

What about birth control?

You "libruls" are all the same ya hate Bush and the troops...move to France.

:)
Mainecat

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby mach1mikeM1M » August 16th, 2007, 3:40 am

I truly believe that abortion will always be legall in the United States but i do believe it can be managed better.Make it more difficult to get an abortion.Each person wanting an abortion needs to have a 1 week waiting period and in that time needs to attend a mandatory meeting with a pro life councelor.
Make abortion illegal after the 3rd month and mandatory "spaying" after the 2nd abortion.Abortion is an ugly fact of life we have to deal with but we need to make it alot less easier for people to make that decision.There are alot of women who believe in pro life but some how its always made into a man trying to control a womens body when had the women used birth control or the man used a rubber we would'nt be having all these unwanted pregnancys.Our goverment makes it easy for the lazy to live!
mach1mikeM1M

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby kenlacy » August 16th, 2007, 3:42 am

FIB - were talking over a million lives per year in the US killed for no good reason but convenience.

What is currently more important than that?

If there is any possibility for change in the future, it has to be shown hat we won't vote in people who support it.

I am a Christian, but this has nothing to do with my religious beliefs.

It's simple morality. And hell yeah I'd force that moral belief on anyone!

Don't be a chicken FIB.

buuuugghhoooookkkk

ps - I am for the death penalty, we need to use it more and I also don't have a problem with mercy killing.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby Mainecat » August 16th, 2007, 4:26 am

[quote=kenlacy]FIB - were talking over a million lives per year in the US killed for no good reason but convenience.

What is currently more important than that?

If there is any possibility for change in the future, it has to be shown hat we won't vote in people who support it.

I am a Christian, but this has nothing to do with my religious beliefs.

It's simple morality. And hell yeah I'd force that moral belief on anyone!

Don't be a chicken FIB.

buuuugghhoooookkkk

ps - I am for the death penalty, we need to use it more and I also don't have a problem with mercy killing.[/quote]

How about "Cat Juggling"
[img]http://enterthelaughter.com/catjuggler.jpg[/img]
Mainecat

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby NorthernSkunk » August 16th, 2007, 4:32 am

yoos a loser...
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby *RABID » August 16th, 2007, 4:33 am

[quote=dothedoo][quote=*RABID][quote=kenlacy]I mean Rudy supports killing babies - seems kinda sad to hide it behind numbers.[/quote]

Those numbers are the US Constitution...
Its why Roe v. Wade went the way it did.[/quote]

Rabid...you cited the 10th and 14h amendments...both should deem the decision in Roe v Wade unconstitutional.

It seems to me Roe v Wade tramples on Sates Rights (10th amendment)and if the 14th assures that nobody will be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process...why doesn't that apply to the unborn?[/quote]

The 10th makes it a State's Right... but the 14th requires it to be legal relative to that State's law... and have certain exemptions.
Like medical abortion to protect the woman's life/health must be allowed or her rights become trampled. The problem is the State must declare that life begins at conception, not birth. The States have debated it and refuse to make the change. If the change was made chemical abortion through birth control pills or IUDs would be murder. Also the State would need to become more involved in protecting the Rights of the Embryo. If you look at how upset people become with the State interfering with their parenting after the child is born... you can imagine the prenatal implications. Throw in that dependent status for tax deductions and social programs would need to be given to the embryo... and things get tricky.

So when the debate starts before long their listing a cut-off date for abortions, which is what happens today.

The USSC looks at any protested abortion law in the context of being a State's Right subject to the 14th. Remember the 10th limits the Federal government to only those powers given it... not just before the 10th but all the amendments that come after it also.
*RABID

O.T. POLITICAL

Postby NorthernSkunk » August 16th, 2007, 4:35 am

hey, once hillary gets ya all free health care won't that include birth control....like in canadia lol
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers