Subscribe Today

How do you heat...

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

How do you heat...

Postby Long time cat man » October 13th, 2008, 4:03 pm

I used an air tight wood burner in the house back in the 80's for 8 years. Too much work, house stunk, emptying the ashes sucked, chainsaws, chain sharpening, gas, oil, cutting, stacking, splitting, trailering, and ants in the house was all part of the game. No more! Natural gas and an automatic thermostat is where it's at. I'am gonna move to NY next to 900, build a house, and steal his gas. :)
Long time cat man

How do you heat...

Postby Snoway » October 13th, 2008, 4:06 pm

im takin it back tomarow
ImageImage
Snoway

How do you heat...

Postby YamaDooed » October 14th, 2008, 12:55 am

[quote=NorthernSkunk]lotsa furs and lotsa rubbin bodies together keeps everythin toasty up here uller...[/quote]

I'm guess'n thats a invite for fur and uller to head up to the real world for some time in the skunks warm'n hut???
YamaDooed

How do you heat...

Postby Mainecat » October 14th, 2008, 1:05 am

[quote=Long time cat man]I used an air tight wood burner in the house back in the 80's for 8 years. Too much work, house stunk, emptying the ashes sucked, chainsaws, chain sharpening, gas, oil, cutting, stacking, splitting, trailering, and ants in the house was all part of the game. No more! Natural gas and an automatic thermostat is where it's at. I'am gonna move to NY next to 900, build a house, and steal his gas. :)[/quote]

LT old men buy pellet stoves today....lol
Mainecat

How do you heat...

Postby Long time cat man » October 14th, 2008, 2:33 am

Friend's son had a woodburner........went to a cornburner when that became popular until they jacked the price of corn, than went to pellets until they jacked that up, now he's back to an outdoor wood burning shack with the buried heat lines to the house. I think he spent thousands on each comversion. Fock dat......natural gas fer me! :) T. Pickins told me compressed natural gas was the way ta go, so I went out, uncovered the plastic gas line and crimped it with a pair of vise grips, but that form of CNG didn't work very well. :h:B
Long time cat man

How do you heat...

Postby funkadelic101 » October 14th, 2008, 3:33 am

Uller, that's payin' the meth habit, can't have a home and meth in these trying times.
Liberty without Virtue is Slavery to Vice
funkadelic101

How do you heat...

Postby Uller God » October 14th, 2008, 3:39 am

Another good option to cut costs is run a couple extension cords from the neighbor's outdoor outlets then plug in electrics.
Uller God

How do you heat...

Postby GThunda » October 14th, 2008, 3:46 am

Another option for savin money is to add an extra water meter in da basement
for runnin yer outdoor spickets....then fo get to put da meter on da outside
for the meter reader....voila, instant money.
GThunda

How do you heat...

Postby carrottop » October 14th, 2008, 3:51 am

One of da biggest ways ta save is heat wit propane buy yer own tank and order from a different company each fill wit out payin any of um. When day call tellem da checks in da mail.
carrottop

How do you heat...

Postby GThunda » October 14th, 2008, 4:00 am

Another option is ta zone heat yer house. Bring yer firepit in from da backyard
and put it in da room you spend most of yer time in....not only will it heat for pennies it will also add pleasing aesthetics to any decor. With da money saved you can buy an accoustic guitar, take lessons and sing Kumbaya while entertaining guests.
GThunda

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers