Subscribe Today

Cat and Quality.... Well?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby maxiracer » May 31st, 2001, 2:49 am

I was looking through an old issue of snowweek this morning, and low and behold, there's this big centerpage add for the zr racers who won big races this year, it's in the new model preview issue, the add has a rear view of Tucker flying his zr off a jump! Check out the tailight on his stock zr... crooked as the day is long. Now is that a factory option, or is that just another example of cats craftsmanship? Don't try to tell me it's race related damage, it's not broken, it's mounted crooked. You'd think a factory race sled would be perfect! Shoddy, very shoddy! If I paid big $ for a cat, I'd expect more quality control!
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby Xtreme XC » May 31st, 2001, 3:51 am

Yeah, I will say that Cat isn't a bad sled, but has the worst fit and finish of the 4.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Postby bad-ass-zx800 » May 31st, 2001, 3:51 am

o maxi them cats are not that bad. but come on arctic cat you could atleast get your tail lights on right. hell look at polaris nothing is right with them.

[red]polaris sucks[/red]

[blue]ice,snow,or grass ski-doo will still kick your ass.[/blue]
[b]05 Black REV X 800
144 Woodys Signature Series Studs - 1.175"
C@A Razor Skis
Stud Boy Shaper Bars 6"
J@T Ceramic Coated silencer.[/b]
bad-ass-zx800

Postby Michiganstopcat » May 31st, 2001, 4:35 am

LOL TAKE YOUR PICK THEIR BUDDY,WOULD YOU RATHER WIN RACES OR HAVE A STRAIGHT TAIL LIGHT?ITS EASY TO LOOK GOOD BUT AS WE ALL KNOW THE BEST LOOKING SLED SOMETIMES DONT WIN!!!.WHILE THE REST OF THE MANUFACTURES SPEND MONEY ON FIT AND FINISH CAT SPENDS MONEY ON R AND D AND IF YOU LOOK AT THE RACE RESULTS THEIR HARD WORK IN THE R AND D DEPARTMENT IS PAYING HUGE DIVIDINS.GIVE ME THE CROOKED TAIL LIGHT ANYDAY!!!THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THAT IS EVERYONE WOULD SEE IT IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!!
Michiganstopcat

Postby maxiracer » May 31st, 2001, 4:52 am

Simple point is, YOU are paying for a quality product, if Arctic can't install a TAILIGHT correct, what else can't they do right? If cat would sell their sleds for less money than Doo or Yamaha I could accept less quality, but the last time I checked, a zr sno pro lists for over 6 grand! For that kind of money that sled shouldn't have any stupid mistakes like that!!!

*This Message was edited on 31-May-01 09:53 AM by maxiracer*
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby Michiganstopcat » May 31st, 2001, 5:37 am

you may have a point but i still would take the sno pro any day!! have a nice day!
Michiganstopcat

Postby Yamaman » May 31st, 2001, 7:23 am

maybe Cat figured that a crooked tailight would help let the water run off. lol.

but i guess it doesn't matter because Cat's aren't usually seen from the back.

Yamaha alignes their tailights for you Cat riders to look at while trying to catch up. hahaha
YM
Yamaman

Postby ChrisXCR » May 31st, 2001, 9:15 am

Cat Quality!!! That always makes me laugh. Two of my buds bought Cats last year. The ZR 500 wouldn't start the day he brought it home because the main wiring harness wasn't plugged in right and came undone. Once we figured that out it was OK accept it smoked alot. The ZR600 was a total dud the first time he rode it because the tps was installed wrong, it took a 2 hour call by the dealer to cat to figure out what was wrong. The guy from Cat asked them to try a new tps just because he was out of ideas. After the third ride the shocks on the 600 were done and had to be rebuilt. Cat customer service... The guy with the 600, after the shock were ready for their second rebuild (about 700 total miles), ordered '00 sno-pro shocks for it, his dealer had to beg the race dept to sell him the shocks. He ordered them in early February, it took a month to get the ski shocks and the rear shock. He just got the center shock last week. The 500 ordered a green skid plate, 5 months he waited for it. That is terrible and no its not their dealer. The same shop get Ski-Doo parts in 3 days. My Polaris dealers are 3-5 days. If you ride hard enough your gonna break stuff and Cat hasn't shown me they can get parts when you need them.
:p

For sale:
'01 [red]Pro[/red][blue]X[/blue]600

[b]REV 440 #600[/b]
ChrisXCR

Postby NorthernSkunk » May 31st, 2001, 12:19 pm

I'm surprised you would use a race picture to bash a cat for something as simple as a crooked light. I've seen all kinds of stuff hanging off of race sleds, new and old. And you said you race maxi.
Maxi if you were wrenching in the middle of a race event on your sled, and the taillight was a little busted but you needed a little better clutch set-up. Would you take the time to make sure your light was nice and straight or would you take the time you have to work on your clutches? remember you don't have people to do everything just you and your mechanic.
Maybe the taillight did break and they slapped on a cover in order to be legal. Just to cover the "race damage" part of your post maxi, it's possible right? what ya think? Later.
PS I agree with chris cat does suck at getting parts when you need them though.

*This Message was edited on 31-May-01 05:24 PM by NorthernSkunk*
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby Michiganstopcat » May 31st, 2001, 9:58 pm

SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOUR BUDDIES NEED TO FIND A NEW DEALER,DONT BLAME CAT FOR A BAD DEALER.I LIKE HOW YOU SAID WHEN YOU DID GET THE 500 RUNNING IT SMOKED ALOT!!!! ARE YOU A IDIOT?IF YOU HAD HALF A BRAIN YOUD NEVER POST A COMMENT LIKE THAT.WITHOUT QUESTION ITS GOING TO SMOKE ALOT MORE THEN LIKEY ITS JETTED THREE SIZES TO FAT WHICH IN TURN WOULD BE THE REASON FOR WHAT YOU CALL LOTS OF SMOKE.AND THE SHOCKS WELL IM SURE THEIR MORE CONCERNED WITH KEEPING THERE RACERS EQUIPED WITH SHOCKS BEFORE YOUR TRAIL RIDING BUDDY.I DONT REALLY KEEP UP WITH THIS SORT OF THING BUT I CAN REMEMBER WHEN I BOUGHT A NEW 96 XCR 600 AND WAS TALKING TO A GUY WHOS BUDDY HAD ONE WHERE THE CLUTCH SIDE CRANK BEARING WENT OUT(THIS WAS A PROBLEM FOR MANY)AND HE HAD BEEN SITTING HOME UNABLE TO RIDE FOR OVER A MOUTH DUE TO POLARIS BEING UNABLE TO GET PARTS SO IT HAPPENS TO ALL IN CERTAIN SITUATIONS
Michiganstopcat

Next

Return to Trash Talkers