Subscribe Today

Cat and Quality.... Well?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby Michiganstopcat » June 1st, 2001, 3:53 am

I KNOW IT WASNT ADDRESSED TO ME BUT I MUST VOICE MY FEELING ON YOUR COMMENT THAT''APPEARENCE IS ALMOST AS IMPORTANT AS WINNING''WELL IF YOUR NOT A CAT FAN THATS ABOUT THE ONLY THING YOU CAN SAY BUT ILL TAKE WINNING OVER APPEARENCE ANYDAY.LIKE I SAID BEFORE LOOKS HAVE NEVER WON A RACE.HEY BY THE WAY YOU EVER BEEN TROUT FISHING UP YOUR WAY?
Michiganstopcat

Postby Captain » June 1st, 2001, 3:58 am

The snopro is NOT a regular production sled. Yes, they have to be produced in quanities of 500 or more to qualify for racing, but to compare them to anything else that comes from the production line is unjust. So, to you racing is a fashion show huh? I am sure glad SD spends so much time and money on making their sleds look good for 3rds and 4ths. Cat is concerned about making them perform and win! Sure they should look presentable (all pieces together and no offensive stickers), but fit and finish does not win any race that I am aware of! NO, there is NOT a person "ASSIGNED" to make sure the sleds "looks" good! If you believe that you are an idiot. This is SNOX NOT NASCAR! Have you ever been to the Spirit Mtn National? Probably the biggest race of the year and there have been years with marginal snow cover that the sleds looked like dirt bikes because of all the mud. Where was the prep team then? ALL the sleds looked like this! NOT just the semi pros. EVEN YOUR PRECIOUS Ski poops!
Captain

Postby maxiracer » June 1st, 2001, 5:03 am

Captain, I'm sorry man, sometimes I'm not very good at getting my point across, somehow we went from goofing on a drooping tailight, to argueing about how pro racers should look. Cat builds great race sleds, this I know from experiance, but being a pro racer myself, I know what sponsers demand from the racer. I would rather have a sled that wins, than looks good anyday! I will give you and MTC that, but in the real world of pro racing, you NEED sponsors and they want good looking equipment for their investment! So if that means I put emphasis on having good looking sleds, a fashion show as you put it, then I'm guilty of that! I guess I feel no detail is too small, even a crooked tailight. C-YA maxi
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby NorthernSkunk » June 1st, 2001, 8:16 am

I agree maxi, cat could put there sleds together a little better than what they are. I'm done doing rivets and ready to put my motor back in, you see lots when you get that far into a sled.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby Captain » June 2nd, 2001, 2:28 pm

Point well taken Maxi! Do what you gotta do to keep the corporate bureaucrats happy!
Captain

Postby BeeeArrrr » June 3rd, 2001, 2:14 am

I could never understand why Cat put on that big bread box , for a brake light!!!
The faster the Better!!!
BeeeArrrr

Postby zrcat » June 3rd, 2001, 10:35 pm

Christ, I've seen it all now! Why don't you polar-idiots get your dicks out'a each others asses and do a little reading from the reports at this years "Rode Reports". Two of the "big" mags have clearly gave the CAT a thumbs up on thier quality this year. Go phuckin' read if you can. If there is a company that is giving you "Tonka" quality, it is polaris. They have made thier sleds look like something you buy a "Toys-R-us"!! You wanna talk phuckin' queer taillights, how about 'laris' "wrap around" light. Now they've gone back to the flush crapper they had on the original indy. This has got to be one of the most rediculous threads. All because of a crooked taillight in a sled that is being raced.
Go back and take a REAL look at the new CAT's. You'll see that they are in line with the others with thier quality.
zrcat

Postby ArcticEd » June 3rd, 2001, 10:36 pm

It's there so that you Polaris boys know that if you see it shining, you'll get to take a break as soon as you can catch up, BR.LOL
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Postby ArcticEd » June 3rd, 2001, 10:38 pm

BTW, sorry about the screw up, Maxi, I know I'd be pretty pissed if someone accused ME of riding one of those Piles of Parts.
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Previous

Return to Trash Talkers