Subscribe Today

Let the Cat bashing begin!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby alevasseur14 » July 23rd, 2001, 5:26 pm

1. I don't know if it is just me but, have any other Polaris riders noted that for every model year that goes by, the Cats just keep getting uglier and uglier? The hoods keep getting rounder and why did they go with that god awful color scheme on the mountain Cats? I'd be embarrased to ride one of those.

2. Why are you buying your lawnmower parts at a snowmobile shop anyways? Sounds to me like he has too many irons in the fire... don't know if I would trust that.
2fast4u!
alevasseur14

Postby zrcat » July 23rd, 2001, 11:08 pm

CATs ugly. God awful schemes? Take a look in your polaris brochure. Ronald McDonald worshipers are all flocking to the RED X. Polaris has the ugly award going. Like Gen II, and the aggressive. NOW edge! goofy lookin' things for sure.....But looks.
zrcat

Postby CatmanZR800 » July 23rd, 2001, 11:17 pm

I agree with you zrcat! I'm surprised there isn't a clowns face on the hood of the new Polaris! Incentive this year for buying a Polaris is a FREE coke and large fries. Way to go McPolaris!!
WARNING! Cats are meat eaters!
CatmanZR800

Postby CatmanZR800 » July 23rd, 2001, 11:20 pm

I agree with you zrcat! I'm surprised there isn't a clowns face on the hood of the new Polaris! Incentive this year for buying a Polaris is a FREE coke and large fries. Way to go McPolaris!!
CatmanZR800

Postby BartZR600 » July 24th, 2001, 1:19 am

McPolaris!! That's a good one! As far as dependability goes, maybe the CAT dealer in your area, where all of the supposed CATs are sitting on the side of the trail, don't know how to set up a sled. Another big dependability issue that nobody mentioned here is the care and maintenance of their sled. I mean, geez, how long do you think your truck will last if you never change the oil in it? Same thing with a sled, maybe even more so. Take care of your sled and it will take care of you! I had a '96 ZRT with over 5000 miles on it and no problems! Of course I did all the regular maintenance too! Some of you should back up your bashing with some facts. Since the "god awful" color of the CATS was mentioned, I must say that at least I am not riding a Happy Meal eXpress. Colorwise, if I had to switch brands, I would go with Yamaha. Just my $.02!
BartZR600

Postby SnoCAT » July 24th, 2001, 1:10 pm

lol Cat Bashing...isn't that lil hard to do??...all i can say to u other brand luvers is PUT SOME REAL EXCITMENT BETWEEN UR LEGS AND RIDE SOME REAL PUSSY!!...and as for Ski-Doo....tell me y they are selling their products at my local WAL-MART!??? seriously...i was snooping around wal-mart last sunday and i went through the automotive section and found myself Genuine Bombardier oil that said SKI-DOO on it....then i went around trying to find my wife and to my surprise i found "genuine" ski-doo clothing in a section (please check your local wal-marts to see if it's just mine or everyones doing it?)....then their's polaris....they are junk...i am 1 out of 5 people that ride cats in my town...i asked the other people that don't ride cats y they buy these brands over cat...they said dealers to far away (only 23 miles away for cat dealer, 22 miles to ski-doo and polaris dealer, and about 76 miles to our nearest yamaha dealer), they also said...they cost too much, their parts cost too much, and the dealer has bad service...well....they all ate that down their throats a couple weeks later because the cat dealer got best service in our whole area....and i help them work on their sleds for different things and one time i went to the dealer with a guy and i was checking out the prices of the different accessories and parts...cat was the same price for A LOT of the accessories that everyone gets around this area...it was just a big joke....and yamaha would be my 2nd choice if i didn't ride a cat because i like their style...(only 2 or 3 guys that ride yam around here)
SnoCAT

Arctic Cat
ice,sno,grass
the cat will always kick a$$
SnoCAT

Postby NYSonic » July 24th, 2001, 3:12 pm

LMAO @ Catman. That is funny dude. McPolaris. I like the blue edge that I ordered and unfortunately unlike some, I did some homework before I chose which brand. Took awile but I liked the Polaris for my style of riding and it's looks. Yamaha was my second choice as well but get as many options as I could the Polaris. And yes I have seen that wal-mart is selling ski-doo acc. Actually to be honest w/ yas' I think that is pretty cool. I mean think about,your local dealer isn't always open and you hafta get oil or maybe a new pair of gloves. Walmart is open pretty late around here. Pretty convienent if ya ask me. just my .02 cents. As far as acc. I have found also that Cats acc. are a bit more expensive than Polaris. I compared prices outta the book w/ a buddy of mine who ordered a new cat this year and thought that some stuff was a bit steep.
There's a fine line between fishing, and standing on shore looking like an idiot.
NYSonic

Postby NorthernSkunk » July 24th, 2001, 7:06 pm

Moonz the only problem with cats throttle is that it actually has a sled under it that accelerates when you use it. LOL.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby NorthernSkunk » July 24th, 2001, 7:24 pm

Hey revsteve if polaris does go to an a-arm design will you stop riding it???? And quit using tuckers open sled as an argument that the race zr's are different then our stock zr's. YES if you wanna compare tuckers open class sled to ours it is different. But that sled ain't the one we cat guys like to use in our arguments. The one we use is ANY stock zr that is out there. All zr's are based on race proven technology. Mr. Hibbert built that sled to race, but he also knew how much it would benefit the average to aggressive trail rider.

Mr. Hibbert started(?) his career taking stock sleds and modifying them within the rules to race x-country events, he did so well cat hired him to race for them and develop a better ride. And you know what people, he has accomplished more than we can imagine. 50 years from now our kids kids will be talking about him and what he did for our sport. I just hope you people who ride other brands can appreciate what he has truly done for our sport. I know you true sledheads will, whatever you ride. Later.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby CatmanZR800 » July 24th, 2001, 11:13 pm

Hey NYSonic!
Gotta agree with you when you said it's pretty cool that other stores are selling accessories for sleds. Dealers do "rape" us on this stuff and it's about time for some competition with them. The only reason though I'd buy Skidoo clothing from Walmart is for something to wear to change the oil on my car. LOL!
CatmanZR800

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers