Subscribe Today

U.P. Riding

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

U.P. Riding

Postby MachZE » September 24th, 2001, 7:19 am

Hey Boon docker sounds like your from UP here, what part? I live about 7 mi. south of Mqt. and work for CCI. To all you others out there, it's true about people riding more mountain sleds here. From Mqt. to the tip of the Keweenaw, there is alot of areas to play in. I'm currently looking at a new Renegade with a 1.5" track on it. Mountain sleds here are a hoot to ride.
MachZE

U.P. Riding

Postby NorthernSkunk » September 24th, 2001, 7:22 am

You better hope the "greenies" don't read that, lol. They'll come shut you down.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

U.P. Riding

Postby MachZE » September 24th, 2001, 7:43 am

Hopefully Skunk there are none on the board! LOL.
MachZE

U.P. Riding

Postby Boondocker » September 24th, 2001, 7:45 am

Nope, just a troll who has family that lives in Marquette, I plan to move up there within the next five years though. We take our rig up at Halloween and leave it there till Easter. We have been riding in the UP since late 70's. We have some really great friends that we ride & party with. Our whole group of Yoopers & Trolls we have 18 late model Mountain Max's it's quite a site when we pull into the Cross Roads for fuel an eats. All the diamond pounders come over to check out our long 2" paddle track sleds. When we pull up every one is covered with snow, with snow piled on the hoods and running boards, and the diamond pounders don't even have snow on top of there skies. To each his own I guess, if I had to ride diamond trails I would sell my sled. Boondocken is where it is.

Our one buddy had a Renegrade last winter, it was a nice sled but it needed the Summit handle bars and it could have used the 2" paddle track he was disadvantaged in the deep powder. We spent a lot of time pulling him out. But it only comes with a 1.25" track the 1.5" would help. My self I would go for the Summit it has more tunnel clearnce and will handle better in the deep powder and it would be easer to carve with.

Boondocken is,"Going beyond the point of ridiculous!"

*This Message was edited on 24-Sep-01 12:59 PM by Boondocker*
Boondocking?
"Going Beyond the Point of Ridiculous!"

I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night!
Boondocker

U.P. Riding

Postby MachZE » September 24th, 2001, 7:57 am

I enjoy the boon docking, too. We ride up around the Silver Lake basin on old logging trails. I definetly enjoy coming out of the bush and not being able to tell the color of the sled. Can't wait till it gets here. Let me know when you'll be in the area and maybe we'll hook up and go do some playing.
MachZE

U.P. Riding

Postby Boondocker » September 24th, 2001, 8:14 am

Yep been there, you might know my nephew Frank, he works at BSA of Marquette. My brother an I come up the first weekend of December for a early kick off ride. Could of rode at Thanksgiving last year, but that sure would of pissed off a bunch of Bambie hunters. Don't like the thought of a hollow point going through my heart. There are a couple of areas we stay clear of till after the first of year for bow & muzzel loaders, got to keep the natives happy.
Boondocking?
"Going Beyond the Point of Ridiculous!"

I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night!
Boondocker

Return to Trash Talkers