Subscribe Today

I thought about what you cat guys said.

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby BUBBLEHEAD » September 27th, 2001, 11:36 pm

Ok, you guys might have been right about 2 inch paddle tracks, I did a little research, I found out, that at last weeks yamaha dealer meeting for the upper midwest, that the yamaha reps warned the dealers in the u.p. that if they sold mountain sleds to riders that they needed to tell the owners that if they trail ride at all...and break lugs on the track yamaha would not warranty the track....so I did buy the mountain max, but I am having them change the track, (I traded my track to a dealer out west) I am having them put a 1.1 inch lug track on it....so I can have the best of both worlds...long track (141 inches) for powder/off trail riding, and lower lugs for trail riding...basicly an sx/r longtrack. I always thought that a long track sled would have a better ride...it may not handle as nice...but kinda like if you compare the ride of a suburban compared to the ride of a blazer...you know a longer wheel base.....a smoother ride.....so now I have my own yamaha powered renegade.....pretty cool huh!!! :)

*This Message was edited on 28-Sep-01 04:37 AM by BUBBLEHEAD*
ON ICE,SNOW,OR GRASS...I'LL KICK YOUR @SS...YAMAHA
BUBBLEHEAD

Postby BUBBLEHEAD » September 27th, 2001, 11:43 pm

By the way check out the article on longer track sleds in the new snow tech magazine...it is where I got the idea for my sled.....good article.
BUBBLEHEAD

Postby Mainecat » September 27th, 2001, 11:49 pm

WHAT!!!!! You listened to us Cat guys? LOL
I had a 2000 Pantera 1000 and the long track rode real nice like a Mercedes. The only problem you sacrifice handling in the trails because of the length of the sled. No one sled is great for both off trail and on trail. Even the Renegade from Ski-Doo will have its drawbacks in the handling department. You almost need 2 sleds to ride the deep stuff and the hardpack trails.
Mainecat

Postby BUBBLEHEAD » September 27th, 2001, 11:55 pm

yah, maine cat I listen once in awile, but not all time!!!! LOL....their was just something different about this machine...I had to have it...2001 700 mtn max, with 730 miles on it for..$5,000...what????....I asked what was wrong with it....nothing said the dealer...so I loooked it up and down and checked under it...can find nothing wrong with it...just a great deal...had to do it....won't know for sure how good of a deal until the snow flies...But I think I'm gonna have a good machine.
BUBBLEHEAD

Postby Xtreme XC » September 28th, 2001, 2:22 am

What was wrong with it?? It's a Yamaha, that's what's wrong with it! LOL!
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Postby Boondocker » September 28th, 2001, 4:40 am

Bubble you are getting bogus info, If you use your head you will not have any problems with a 2" paddle track. Do you think that the boys out West are only riding in 6 foot of powder all the time, they allways have to ride well worn down ungroomed trails up to 40 miles long both ways to get to the powder riding areas. I have 3000 miles on my 01 700MM & my Nephew has 7000 miles on his 2000 700 MM both with 2" paddle tracks with orginal sliders. You will be sadly dissipointed with the performace of your MM with a 1.1" track. If you are that worried change it to a 1.375" or 1.5"; hell even the SKS & Renagade come with a 1.25" track. As I stated before we have 18 MM's with 1.5" to 2" paddle tracks on them all with no problems. You are incurring a expense that you do not need to spend. Save your money for clutching and accessories. But if you only ride roads or hard pack and lakes then you bought the wrong sled. You should have bought a SRX or SRV.

*This Message was edited on 29-Sep-01 05:36 AM by Boondocker*
Boondocking?
"Going Beyond the Point of Ridiculous!"

I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night!
Boondocker

Postby SlapNuts » September 28th, 2001, 8:13 am

He goes by the handle of "Bubblehead", and you guys are all surprised by this. He's like a frickin windsock day to day.
SlapNuts

Postby PowDar » September 28th, 2001, 8:16 am

Boondocker has a point. My 1.5" works fine in any condition. I just wouldn't go 200 miles in one day down road. What we do around here in BC when the snow gets packed real hard (spring conditions) we stop every few miles, break up some snow throw it on the sliders. Trust me. It helps slider alot. Yamaha's up till this year (?) had a soft lug 2" which would mean you would have trouble with it like you say. But the new harder lug track should help durability alot. Still not sure what kind of riding you think you'll be doing though... If your a good rider, you should be able to take any sled off the trail without getting stuck (it is a SNOWmobile afterall), unless you got big hills and such. In other words, if you got a flatland sled, ride it. They put the word "mountain" in the names of these sleds for a reason.
----------------------------
I can't think of a good signature so this will have to do for now.
PowDar

Return to Trash Talkers