Subscribe Today

m10 suspension?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

m10 suspension?

Postby 98xc » October 24th, 2001, 1:31 pm

I have a 98 polaris xc, has anyone out there tried putting in a m10 suspension on this machine? Is this worth the investment, and what will the results be?
98xc

m10 suspension?

Postby 2002XCSP700 » October 24th, 2001, 1:40 pm

How do you ride? Rough? soft? Do you grab a handful coming out of a turn? Do ya HAMMER it?
[blue]2002xcsp700 Edge[yellow]X[yellow] [blue] with reverse[blue][yellow]///////////////////////////////[yellow]
[yellow]POLARIS # 1[yellow][blue]////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
[blue]

[blue][b]////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[b][blue]
[yellow][b]//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[b][yellow]
[blue]////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[blue]
[yellow]//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[yellow]

[red][i]When you feel the need for speed[i][red] [blue]......[b]Ride a POLARIS!![b][blue]
[green]///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[green]
[red]/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[red]
[yellow]//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[yellow]
[blue]////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[blue]
[purple]//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[purple]
2002XCSP700

m10 suspension?

Postby 98xc » October 24th, 2001, 1:53 pm

I ride as adgressive as i can, but the sleds suspension beats the h*ll out of me. I do alot of trail riding.
98xc

m10 suspension?

Postby 98xc » October 24th, 2001, 1:53 pm

I ride as adgressive as i can, but the sleds suspension beats the h*ll out of me. I do alot of trail riding.
98xc

m10 suspension?

Postby 2k2mxz6 » October 24th, 2001, 9:10 pm

It is not worth it,get a newer model with M-10 o1 or o2 Polaris Classic.If you cannot afford it get youre shocks rebuilt front and rear.It makes a big difference.
2k2mxz6

m10 suspension?

Postby 02Xc600Sp » October 28th, 2001, 9:45 am

I was told the M-10 is not for aggressive riders. You can't go over 30 on bumps. Doesn't sound like much fun to me so i went with the edge.
02Xc600Sp

m10 suspension?

Postby kenlacy » October 28th, 2001, 12:08 pm

02xc600sp - not true at all, whoever told you that probably had it set up wrong for their weight. Most people say its bad for moguls and ditch riding only because that is what all polaris dealers and most the dealers say that because that is what Polaris put in their literature. I just bought one with M-10 and I was having the same question, I asked our dealer and he told me that also (although he has never ridden one with m-10) - later that night I was reading through Polaris lit and he quoted the exact words that were in that lit. I checked with my Brother in law and he has a couple guys that ride with him that have the M-10, they said they love it for washboard trails and moguls. I also asked FAST and they said there is no problem (obviously they would say that) but, they told me the advantages and disadvantages of the EDGE and M-10 - basically the edge is a little more aggressive for cornering on flat trails and the m-10 handles the small washboard bumps better - both are equal on the bigger stutter bumps. Least to say - you really can't go wrong either way. With that said - I got the M-10 - figure if for any reason at all - it looks a hell of a lot better on the sled than the edge. Mostly because they put those ugly fishbone looking tunnels braces on the edge and with the M-10 they put sweet angled braces that run in line with front suspension arms. By friend got the same sled as I but got the edge - we will be able to compare them closely this year.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

m10 suspension?

Postby M-52 » October 28th, 2001, 2:59 pm

how would the m-10 work on larg jumps say over 60 ft.??
just curious to know cus im gonna try and get a new sled next year (most likely a mxz 7 hundy and do the suspension for jumping..
any opinions.
I freeride atvs.
M-52

m10 suspension?

Postby matoy » October 29th, 2001, 2:22 am

well, I have tested and tried to adjust M-10 suspension A LOT (2years), but never got it perfect on several successive medium bumps!

as an engineer, I've found it's main design mistakes. linkage geometry is absolutely idiotic, beeing very badly decressive; and there has to be a HEAVILY progressive coil spring for compensate that error.!!! This all means, that's impossible to find correct shock absorber settings for agressive riding.

I'am curious to hear, if someone has same experiences? anyway M-10 is as comfortabe as the fifties Cadillac.
KM
matoy

Return to Trash Talkers