Subscribe Today

REAL question...........(pay attention, 700 M&Ms!)

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby SNOBALLZ » October 25th, 2001, 10:59 am

Question:
What brand and TYPE of oil do you use in YOUR sled?........and WHY!
Me? I used artco oil the first 200 miles, for break-in, then SPECTRO SNO full synthetic ever since. Why? Because the full synth protects the engine FAR BETTER than a standard oil, less deposits, and less of the infamous "2-STROKE" stench. The price IS high, but HEY.....my toy is worth it!

*This Message was edited on 25-Oct-01 04:00 PM by SNOBALLZ*
SNOBALLZ

Postby MaineZR580 » October 25th, 2001, 11:08 am

I go through about two boxes (40 quarts) of "Castrol Super High Performance Snowmobile Oil". The reason? That is just what they sell at the local discount store and pit stop areas around here.
MaineZR580

Postby MM700 » October 25th, 2001, 11:14 am

I use Yamalube in my sled, because it's under warranty..using anything else voids my warranty.
once my warranty is done I'll use yamalube or amsoil..they are the two best snowmobile oils in my opinion on the market.....I think they both protect your engine better than other brands.
Why use yamalube??? Because yamaha has had oil injection on their sleds since 1968, longer than anyone...They developed the first injection oil and made it better thru the years.....the only negative with yamalube is that it does smoke alot. I chose ams oil because my dad swears by it and I was basically raised to use it.
MM700

Postby MM700 » October 25th, 2001, 11:14 am

oops, I double posted

*This Message was edited on 25-Oct-01 04:18 PM by MM700*
MM700

Postby tnt8000 » October 25th, 2001, 11:41 am

in my formula's i use shell advanced. why cus its cheap and is fairly good.

in my mxz 700 i think i'm goona run either ski-doo oil or some sort of synthetic
2 sleds
30 000km combined
thats a hell of alot of real world riding!
tnt8000

Postby RyMachZ » October 25th, 2001, 11:51 am

I run the same s**t as you tnt...

RUN SYNTHETIC IN YOUR 700!
RyMachZ

Postby Xtreme XC » October 25th, 2001, 12:57 pm

Well, my break-in period I'll be using base polaris oil, after that first tank or so I'll use the Polaris VES Synthetic.

A note to those of you that like to use Synthetic, if you use Synth. right from the start (of a new motor) your rings will not seat in properly, you have to use, or at least mix in the gas tank, a base oil for a tank or 2 full of gas.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Postby Slednut » October 25th, 2001, 12:59 pm

Amsoil Synthetic Racing Oil. Never had a Burn down, scuff, or bearing failure. Really low smoke, not much smell. Even use it in the wifes Fan cooled! Not cheap, but worth every penny!
Some call it Custom,[blue] Others call it Modified,[blue][red] Most call it insane![red][green] I call it FUN!!![green][yellow]
Stock, Why stop there?[yellow]
Slednut

Postby 2002XCSP700 » October 25th, 2001, 1:45 pm

Thanks for the tip Xtreme.
[blue]2002xcsp700 Edge[yellow]X[yellow] [blue] with reverse[blue][yellow]///////////////////////////////[yellow]
[yellow]POLARIS # 1[yellow][blue]////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
[blue]

[blue][b]////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[b][blue]
[yellow][b]//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[b][yellow]
[blue]////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[blue]
[yellow]//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[yellow]

[red][i]When you feel the need for speed[i][red] [blue]......[b]Ride a POLARIS!![b][blue]
[green]///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[green]
[red]/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[red]
[yellow]//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[yellow]
[blue]////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[blue]
[purple]//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[purple]
2002XCSP700

Postby ChrisXCR » October 25th, 2001, 2:21 pm

I use Polaris racing oil (red). My dealer got me a deal on it so I use it. It seems to be as good or better than the Polaris VES oil (my valves are fine and it doesn't smell bad or smoke). Stay away from the Polaris Gold that stuff sucked.

As for using syntheic for breakin. Its not that the rings won't seat properly just that it'll take longer than with non-synthetic, you won't get top performance as quickly. Mixing them won't really make a difference since your double oiling anyway. If you use synthetic don't worry you won't hurt it.

MM, Yammi should stand by their motors as long as you use an approved oil. If your dealer tells you otherwise, he either wants to sell you yammilube or Yammi sucks even more than we think! Plus that stuff smells nasty. I don't like passing yammi's going the other way, the stink remains for a couple miles. Good luck if you have to follow one.
:p

For sale:
'01 [red]Pro[/red][blue]X[/blue]600

[b]REV 440 #600[/b]
ChrisXCR

Next

Return to Trash Talkers