Subscribe Today

Serious Question???/

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Serious Question???/

Postby MM700 » October 30th, 2001, 12:47 pm

I notice the rear of the sno pro looked tappered back and the seat looks cut differently....Do you think that all four of the bands will start to make a more narrow seat and more sculptured tunnel...more like a dirt bike but for snow???? Looking at the new Sno Pro and the Viper made me think about what I would like to see in a sled in the future.
Wouldn't you rather see a sled that has 8 inches of travel that worked better than 13 inches of travel (lower center of gravity, a quicker reacting suspension)........Just think a sled that weighs 400 lbs, has a super low center of gravity.. can munch moguls and has about 125 to 130 H.P..I would also put a 133 inch long 1.25 inch lug track on it.....Would there be anything better to ride in all conditions?????
MM700

Serious Question???/

Postby drifter7 » October 30th, 2001, 12:54 pm

When do I get mine?
drifter7

Serious Question???/

Postby ChrisXCR » October 30th, 2001, 1:16 pm

Why only 8 inches?

How about 15 or 16 with maybe 5 or 6 inches of "sit in" then the remaining travel be real progessive, like a dirt bike. you can still keep the cg low for the turns but have plenty of travel in the whoops.

I think however we're gonna see more specailized sleds, shorter travel sleds for the groomie guys who like to go fast on the lakes and on ultra smooth trails, longer travel super light sleds for the jumpers and mogul/ snocross racer wanna be's. Think about the mountain sleds, wouldn't you want a sled that does what you like as well as the mountain sleds do for their riders?
:p

For sale:
'01 [red]Pro[/red][blue]X[/blue]600

[b]REV 440 #600[/b]
ChrisXCR

Serious Question???/

Postby M-52 » October 30th, 2001, 2:04 pm

i ride both quads and sleds and i know that in the atv world a suspension company called PEP performance shocks makes a shock called the ZPS wich stand for zero pre-load. you can adjust the ride heigth with out sacraficing travel. as soon as the quad is in the air the suspension goes to maximum length and has full damping. i dunno if shocks like this are available for sleds but it is a real break through in atv shocks.
I freeride atvs.
M-52

Serious Question???/

Postby PowDar » October 30th, 2001, 2:20 pm

That would be great on a sled! Being too tall can affect Mountain sleds too. Snow clearance is one thing but sitting up way high when manuevering down a hill could be a b***h! Trust me, sometimes going up the hill is a helluva lot easier than going down!!! Especially if your escape route is littered with trees, rocks and other sleds!
I could honestly see a division in Mountain sleds much like between lake runners and ditch bangers. We'd have climbers and powder players!

The whole "sit-in" concept is a good idea we'll probably see more of.

*This Message was edited on 30-Oct-01 07:38 PM by PowDar*
----------------------------
I can't think of a good signature so this will have to do for now.
PowDar

Serious Question???/

Postby Xtreme XC » October 30th, 2001, 2:39 pm

"Do you think that all four of the bands will start to make a more narrow seat and more sculptured tunnel"

Well, MM... Yes, the 2002 Pro X has both. The seat of the new Sno Pro vary closly resembles the seat of the '02 Pro X 600.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Serious Question???/

Postby MachZE » October 30th, 2001, 3:07 pm

Yeah there already is a dirt bike for the snow and it's the A.D.Boivin Hawk. You can already see some similarities between the factory sleds and the Hawk, such as the narrower track.
MachZE

Serious Question???/

Postby ZR800Racer » October 30th, 2001, 4:50 pm

Extreme, your really reaching now! Both sleds are 2002's, yeah Polaris released theirs a few weeks earlier. You think Cat just designed this sled when they saw what Poo and Doo had to offer? We will see soon what works on the track, my money is on the Cat!
[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/RyanG85/sig.jpg[/IMG]

2004 Arctic Cat F7 SnoPro
2003 Honda CRF450R
ZR800Racer

Return to Trash Talkers