Subscribe Today

Warning Stickers

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Warning Stickers

Postby TraxMaker » November 1st, 2001, 3:38 pm

Earlier there was a topic of warning stickers, anybody know how to get them off without scratching the sh*t out of the plastic. Any ideas or is it just plain elbow grease and fingernail breaking. Any suggestions.
Think Snow.
TraxMaker

Warning Stickers

Postby M-52 » November 1st, 2001, 3:45 pm

take a heat gun and heat up the decal till the glue is really soft then just peal it off. then take some "goo gone" and remove the glue residue.
I freeride atvs.
M-52

Warning Stickers

Postby bluemoose600 » November 1st, 2001, 11:48 pm

I wouldn't take them off, I heard that they are like the tags on a mattress or pillow (DO NOT REMOVE!!! UNDER PENILITY OF LAW), somebody said that the FBI will throw you in jail.

But then again, psycho sledder said that I'm an idiot for believing things like that.
bluemoose600

Warning Stickers

Postby tnt8000 » November 2nd, 2001, 2:01 am

I WOULDN'T REMOVE EM.... JUST KEEP EM ON.. SKI-DOO DOES A GOOD JOB OF MAKING EM SMALL SO THERE NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL
2 sleds
30 000km combined
thats a hell of alot of real world riding!
tnt8000

Warning Stickers

Postby CatmanZR800 » November 2nd, 2001, 2:16 am

M-52,

I tried your heat gun technique and now I was wondering if you could tell me what rating of fire extinguisher will put out a fiberglass fire.

Will a ABC rated fire extinguisher put the fire out? Um...can you respond real quick?!

The flames do have a pretty orange/yellow/blue color to them though.....gives me an idea of buying a windshield with flame decals, since I'll have to buy a new hood and windshield now anyway.
WARNING! Cats are meat eaters!
CatmanZR800

Warning Stickers

Postby kenlacy » November 2nd, 2001, 2:27 am

Catman you seem to be having a lot of problems in the garage lately. First bashing your wifes sled with a sledgehammer, now fiberglass fires. The grief from realizing you just purchased the wrong sled must be drivin ya batty.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Warning Stickers

Postby PolarisIndy » November 2nd, 2001, 2:30 am

Hmmm, Cat still uses fiberglass hoods. That be another one of their "New" Technologies... LOL

PolarisIndy

Warning Stickers

Postby PolarisIndy » November 2nd, 2001, 2:32 am

Just do like M-52 said. Use a heat gun, or even a hair dryer will work, and use goo-gone for the sticky stuff left over. I've done this on every sled I've owned, so has everybody else that I know. Never had a problem with resale or legalities.
PolarisIndy

Warning Stickers

Postby XC-Rider » November 2nd, 2001, 2:47 am

Catmad do those green sleds give off a lot of toxic fumes when they're on fire?

I read this post yesterday and that was the last little piece of motivation I needed.. I took mine off just by heating them up with a hairdryer (it's still in the garage, I wonder when the wife will miss it?) and using a fingernail to get them started, then just keeping them hot and peeling them right off. The small amount of adhesive that was left rubbed right off with a finger, no problem. I'd have done it sooner if I'd of known how easy they came off.

Is it WINTER yet????
XC-Rider

Warning Stickers

Postby M-52 » November 2nd, 2001, 2:54 am

catman do not inhale. hehehe
although the flames might be pretty i think you had your heat gun to close to the surface and to hot. call your local fire department soon if its not to late. hehehe
I freeride atvs.
M-52

Return to Trash Talkers