Subscribe Today

Full Details and Photos of the 2002 Arctic Cat Sno Pro avail

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Full Details and Photos of the 2002 Arctic Cat Sno Pro available at 8:00 PM Today!

Postby IndyOneSki » November 17th, 2001, 1:41 pm

ELK, Why drag Polaris into this...it's still UGLY!!!..no matter how you slice it or how little the other brands change...who cares we're talking about the ugly sled of the year here...fast or not its FUGLY!!!

IndyOneSki
IndyOneSki

Full Details and Photos of the 2002 Arctic Cat Sno Pro available at 8:00 PM Today!

Postby catguy » November 17th, 2001, 5:10 pm

first of all i just got back from thief river falls a little bit ago and let me tell you something i thought the sled was kinda... well not ugly, but takes some getting used to at first but it starts to grow on you and is a very good looking sled in person.

and in defense of the motor the thing makes 99 horse on 92 octane fuel which is impressive but they said if you mix 50/50 race gas and 92 octane gas and advance the timing 3 degrees with the dial underhood they have seen about 104 horse out of them and they use a reverse flow cooling sytem which cools the head first which decreases the chance of detonation because it keeps the head and combustion area a lot cooler and also makes the engine a lot more forgiving to jetting and what not.

and in defense of the looks... somebody has to be innovative. this sport would not get anywhere if there wasn't people willing to break the mold and produce something different and exciting
if people didnt innovate then we would be right back in the sixties how the sleds were back then

to all those people that think it is ugly have not seen it in person and should shut the hell up what sled is gonna once again dominate the race track this year? morgan might be in there a few times but tucker is gonna show morgan his tailight more then a few times this season

catguy

Postby IndyOneSki » November 17th, 2001, 9:55 pm

Catguy,

You maybe right on somone has to do it first...i guess everything would be boring if they all looked the same...but i'm sorry.it may win every race, but to me its still FUGLY!...You cat guys would like arctic cat if it was a green piece of poop with skies, and they told you it was fast.

IndyOneSki
IndyOneSki

Postby NYSonic » November 18th, 2001, 12:48 am

That is by far the phuckin ugliest sled I've ever seen. Nice job Cat,hats off too ya.
There's a fine line between fishing, and standing on shore looking like an idiot.
NYSonic

Postby 17champ » November 18th, 2001, 2:23 am

Hey guys this is just the start...GREEN,YELLOW,BLUE,or RED...THEY WILL LOOK LIKE THIS SOME DAY...REMEMBER THIS IS BUILT FOR ONE THING ONLY,,,...!!!
17champ

Postby catguy » November 18th, 2001, 4:21 am

just to give everyone an idea of the power improvement/weight loss over last year

in side-by-side holeshot tests the 2002 will beat the 2001 by about 4 sled lengths... im talking holeshot here people probably about he first 50-100 feet that is impressive

those words came right out of the mouth of the head hauncho two-stroke engine guy from cat Greg Spaulding at the arctic cat race school
catguy

Postby ZR800Racer » November 18th, 2001, 8:28 am

It may be Ugly, but its going to be beautiful watching it spank all those pretty sleds!
[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/RyanG85/sig.jpg[/IMG]

2004 Arctic Cat F7 SnoPro
2003 Honda CRF450R
ZR800Racer

Postby ArcticEd » November 18th, 2001, 8:31 am

Like I said, the only thing the Non-CAT guys are gonna see of it is the taillight anyways.............
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Postby OldCatRacer » November 18th, 2001, 8:41 am

I would like to see it in all black. With a little green. All you other brands have green too. GREEN ENVY!!! HE HE HE
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

Postby PowDar » November 18th, 2001, 10:06 am

Elk, have a look at that "cradle" the engine of the snopro sits in. Does that not look similar... oh yeah... proaction chassis!

And I really don't know about having those hot pipes next the place where the fuel and air is mixing... I would expect more heatshielding or something. And d**n... love to change a spark plug on that sucker! Of course, that's why this sled will be racer only.

Four bulb headlight on a snocrosser? Why?
That hood (for that reason) screams production version ready for next year.

The fit and finish sure looks crappy on it. You can see the windshield don't fit properly and that bulge on the hood (which looks removable to me...) don't look like it is sitting on there properly either.

Now that's nitpicking.
----------------------------
I can't think of a good signature so this will have to do for now.
PowDar

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers