Subscribe Today

You won't believe this!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

You won't believe this!

Postby Xcountry_Rulez » December 11th, 2001, 1:05 pm

Sorry Big Native but you're wrong. The ski-doos can be stolen. My buddy and I were coming home from a sledding trip and we got home late and he just left his trailer sitting outside and when he woke up they were gone. What we're guessing is that they unhooked them from the trailer and rolled them off and then rolled them onto theirs.
Remember, Always Ride It Like It's a Rental!!
Xcountry_Rulez

You won't believe this!

Postby Valley runner » December 11th, 2001, 1:18 pm

Best protection is a 4 sale sign,nobody will look at it.
Valley runner

You won't believe this!

Postby OldCatRacer » December 11th, 2001, 1:59 pm

That sucks!!! Maybe a person will have to put those signs on a post that say this property is protected by so and so. I had 2 new weed trimmers and a backpack leaf blower taken at a convient store 4 years ago. Saw them driving off and yelled a couple of choice words and they gave me the bird and laughed. Lucky I had insurance.
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

You won't believe this!

Postby Luv2sled » December 11th, 2001, 11:03 pm

That really sucks!
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

You won't believe this!

Postby Skidoo_Newf » December 11th, 2001, 11:45 pm

Guys I gotta say that this stuff really pi$$es me off. There's nothing worse than have something stolen that you bought with your own hard earned money.

I have to admit though that sled theft is pretty much a non issue around here. I know you won't believe me but I don't even take the keys out of mine. In fact some people leave their sleds outside all the time either next to their house or maybe cottage and they NEVER take the keys out. When we go to a local establishment on a Saturday night there are maybe 100 sleds parked outside and they all have the keys left in them. I know you guys will find this a little far fetched but I live in an area that is pretty small and everyone seems to know everyone so theft isn't really an issue. We have the odd case of someone breaking into a convienence store after hours and raiding the cigarrette shelf but that is about as extreme as it gets. I am sorry if i sound like I am bragging or something but i feel so lucky that I have to tell you guys so that you will know that there are still places on this planet where you can feel pretty safe.
Obi Wan Ski-Newfie.....Kickin Darth Arctics Azz Since 1999!

[url=http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/snowmobiletrasherpics/]Snowmobile Trasher Pics Yahoo Group[/url]
Skidoo_Newf

You won't believe this!

Postby NYSonic » December 12th, 2001, 12:05 am

Back in 97' I had my ZRT and Puma stolen right from my parents yard. Dad calls me up asks me when I picked up the sleds, and I was like...huh? Found the guy in Cleveland N.Y. riding the Puma w/ no stickers(Nothing at all)on it and told the cop he bought it off his cousin. The guy got arrested and then I had to testify in court how I knew it was my sled. The final day of court the guy skips out at lunch and never returned. The ZRT was never found but I did get the Puma back and it was a complete mess but still rideable. As far as my trailer the cop worked the computer and finally found that a trailer had been reported dumped into a canal. When I called the garage to retrieve it he wanted $50.00 for towing and $10.00 per day for storage. The total came to like over $900.00 for it and I only paid $350.00 for it. I was livid so I called the D.A. to see if there was anything I could do. The garage said they would let me have it back for like half. Told him to shove the trailer. I did get full payoff plus acc. ont the ZRT and got a beat up Puma back, but it was a long drawn out process.
There's a fine line between fishing, and standing on shore looking like an idiot.
NYSonic

Previous

Return to Trash Talkers