Subscribe Today

Arctic Cat Recall...LMAO !!!!!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby MM700 » December 28th, 2001, 12:51 am

Over 15,000 Arctic Cat atv's have been recalled, due to brake failure.....stay tuned sled recall coming soon to a Cat dealer near you !!!! LMAO !!!!...Can you say JUNK !!! LOL
MM700

Postby CatmanZR800 » December 28th, 2001, 12:57 am

I don't have an ATV yet, so I have a question...

Who has the best ATV out there? May buy one next Spring.

ThanX!
WARNING! Cats are meat eaters!
CatmanZR800

Postby Luv2sled » December 28th, 2001, 12:58 am

To make matters worse, there is a dealer close to me (with no service department) that has been selling the crap out of those pieces of junk and none of the local dealers with service departments will touch them, they would have to hire about half dozen more mechanics just to work on the Arctic Craps.LOL.......I hope their sleds are of better quality than there 4-wheelers.
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby Luv2sled » December 28th, 2001, 1:00 am

Catman......Polaris has a nice lineup, Honda as well. Never ridden the Yamaha or Kawasakis so I don't know about them. If I were going to buy one tomorrow I would get the Polaris.
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby 250exdude » December 28th, 2001, 1:57 am

IN my opinon honda makes the best dont buy a cat thats a huge mistake. BUt it all depends on what you are using a quad for. If u want to sport ride go with a honda 300 or 400ex or a yamaha raptor. But if you want a 4x4 go with a honda there new 650 4x4 will be out in april.
ride it like you stole it!
250exdude

Postby drifter7 » December 28th, 2001, 2:32 am

Hey Catman, go into Moon Motors in Monticello. They carry three brands, Honda, Yamaha, and Polaris. My choice would be the Yamaha Grizzly first, then the new Honda 650 coming out in April. Polaris doesn't have the quality or reliabilty of Honda or Yamaha. Just my 2 cents. Although the reliability thing is fact.
drifter7

Postby Homer J » December 28th, 2001, 3:42 am

Well it just so happens I do Have an Arctic Cat ATV and find it to be just as good or better than any of the pack I ride with.I haven't ridden with the 660 Grizzly yet but I do hear they are a very powerfull machine with just a few problems.I ride with many other Yamaha's,Wolverines,Kodiaks and 2 600 Grizzly and have no trouble staying with them.All the guys and gals I ride with are impressed with my Cat.It's a 2001 500 automatic but it does have some extra's on it.(Lift kit,26" Blackwater tires and rims and a K&N carb and filter kit.)If there is any pulling to do I am the one they look too.That goes for the big mud holes as well,I am the one they get to go through first before they will attempt too.I ride with Honda Rubicons too and you all know the problems with them.(Transmissions over heating and seizing)The 600 Grizzly has the same extras as I do and it works well except the reverse over-ride domahickything keeps acting up and it wont back up sometimes.Is that technical enough for ya??He has had it back to the dealer twice and they have replaced some switches and things but it still does it.Mine is a 500 Automatic,(Most in our group have autos)and haven't had any problems with belt slippage or wear yet.As a matter of fact none of them have had any belt probles except for one polaris 325 Magnum(I think thats the Model)But he got in a spot way too deep where a 4 wheel drive truck would have drowned.Unless you need a Sport only or Race only model(which none of us do)the Cats work really well and give a great ride as well.I had one problems with mine and was easily fixed by myself.The brake handle on the master cyl. kept sticking on and I had to replace it.(The whole master cylinder that is)I guess that is the brake failure MM700 was talking about.Mine happened before there was a recall I guess.Under warranty of course.About a 10 Minute job and I decided instead of trailering it to the dealer I would do it in my garage which he said no problem too.So for luv2sled you must have run into some bad dealers and Cat Atv's.That happens to all makes I guess.I have ridden with Kawasaki's and other Honda and Polaris models as well and like I say I cant see a big difference in any of them.One thing is you wont see my Cat in any races on TV as it and most of the other Utility Machines are HEAVY.No problem though,DONT GET STUCK or keep the winch in good working order.Later Eh!!!

*This Message was edited on 28-Dec-01 08:45 AM by Homer J*
Longtime Cat Rider.You know your old when 2-up's make you tinkle!!
Homer J

Postby MachZE » December 28th, 2001, 5:32 am

Catman, I have a 2000 Yamaha Kodiak 400 and love it. It's short, narrow and very stable. It has quality items like shaft drive, cv shafts, cv shaft boot protectors, an easy-to-use shift lever with an actual "park", and the automatic trans. which works fantastic. No belt problems at all. My dealer said that in the last few years, he's sold only 3 belts. That's incredible seeing that mine spends alot of time out in the bush. I can't stop saying enough good things about it and the price was right. Hope this can help you out.
MachZE

Postby Big Native » December 28th, 2001, 6:31 am

I think Bombardier makes the best utility atv's available. The DS650 is one of the coolest atv's built as well. (Makes the Raptor look like a childs toy)
atvconnection.com has a lot of good info, including forums.

*This Message was edited on 28-Dec-01 11:40 AM by Big Native*
Big Native

Postby hugeair » December 28th, 2001, 7:33 am

Don't have any ATV's myself, but my friend has a Yamaha that got rolled off the side of a mountain when he let some drunk ride it. The thing was in amazingly good rideable condition afterwards. The thing seems to be really tough, and I've heard the same from others who own them.
hugeair

Next

Return to Trash Talkers