Subscribe Today

Who sells the most sleds?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby barr » January 17th, 2002, 5:47 pm

I'm sure Polaris is on top, then I believe Ski-doo is second, Arctic Cat #3 and Yamaha a very distant 4th. Sound right? Anyone know for sure?
'02 MXZx 440 LC
'01 MXZx 800
barr

Postby Luv2sled » January 17th, 2002, 11:34 pm

That's right. Just an FYI...the Viper was the best selling sled in 2002....and I'm betting in 2003 as well. They sold a little over 15,000 of them.
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby Uker2 » January 18th, 2002, 12:16 am

Kinda funny that on my 2-3 trips to the U.P. of Michigan per year, its overwhelmingly AC. Our Ohio group is AC, except for our two Yammis. Can't believe Ski-Doo is second. They must sell better in other regions.
Uker2
01'SRX
Uker2

Postby snownuts » January 18th, 2002, 3:06 am

According to what I have been told. It goes Polaris Arctic Cat skidoo and yamaha for the US. Skidoo is big in canada and therefore overtakes Arctic Cat in world sales.
snownuts

Postby barr » January 18th, 2002, 3:53 am

I was wondering about that. There are quite a few Cats in my town, along with Doo's but I'm not surprised that Ski-Doo's are the most popular in Canada.

Not that I don't believe you, Luv2sled, but the Viper was the best selling model? No way, there is only one Viper in my town. Why would it outsell everything..hype? It certainly isn't innovation, unless you're big into tail lights and speedometers. LOL

*This Message was edited on 18-Jan-02 08:58 AM by barr*
'02 MXZx 440 LC
'01 MXZx 800
barr

Postby thechamp27 » January 18th, 2002, 4:07 am

I am an employee at Polaris so every quarter I get to see the results from sales and who has market share. I believe that it is Polaris, Ski-doo Arctic then Yamaha in north America. It is the same over sea's but what Polaris brass forgets to tell there employees is that Bombardier sells the Lynx line of sled over there.
Special thanks to our 2015 season sponsors. Auctionblock.com, Fly Racing, Woody's Traction, Wahl Bros., Western Machine and Engineering
thechamp27

Postby Captain » January 18th, 2002, 4:19 am

Hey champ, do you know the Sorensen's? Greg drives the test sleds and Carol, well, not sure what she does. I went to school with Greg at Bemidji. Good guy, but really full of s**t! :-)
If you see him, say hi to him for me!
Captain

Postby Ridblu » January 18th, 2002, 4:22 am

Keep in mind how many sleds each produces and all the different models as well. YAMAHA RULES!!!
Ridblu

Postby thechamp27 » January 18th, 2002, 4:23 am

Yea I know Greg quite well, used to be on the same softball team. I used to test drive for polaris also but then I started racing, don't have time for both. I will tell him about this next time I see him.
Special thanks to our 2015 season sponsors. Auctionblock.com, Fly Racing, Woody's Traction, Wahl Bros., Western Machine and Engineering
thechamp27

Postby thechamp27 » January 18th, 2002, 4:24 am

Yea I know Greg quite well, used to be on the same softball team. I used to test drive for polaris also but then I started racing, don't have time for both. I will tell him about this next time I see him.
thechamp27

Next

Return to Trash Talkers