Subscribe Today

It's getting bad out there..really Bad !!!!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby MM700 » February 2nd, 2002, 1:16 am

And I am not talking about the trail conditions...I am talking about ignorant rider's, who don't stay on their side of the trail, who drive way too fast for their abilities, or the conditions....it's getting down right dangerous out there...just add alcohol...and we really have big problems....a 20 year old kid died last night..he smacked a tree in Mc millen township in Luce county...cause of accident is thought to be speed...toxicology reports have not been released yet..but alcohol may have also been a factor...Isn't that sickening...What a waste...Last night I went for a little ride and twice had rider's coming at me sideways at very high speeds thru blind corners...they were sideways because they had looked up the binder's to avoid an accident with me...WTF is the Matter with these people???? This is not a race track..people have their kid's and their wifes out for a nice stroll thru the woods..to get away and enjoy the outdoors......I also watched, 5 Polaris's run the stop sign in Twin Lakes last night, at very high speed...which is really stupid because if those knuckleheads would have looked to the left...that big brown building..is the Michigan DNR...and usually a warden is sitting at that intersection on a modified rmk 800... and believe me you won't out run this guy.
You guys tell me is " THIS THE NORMAL ATTITUDE OF SNOWMOBILER"S NOWADAYS..ONE OF IGNORANCE, NOT GIVING A F@#k, NOT CARING ABOUT WHERE THEY RIDE OR WHAT THEY DO...THEY CAN RIDE WHERE THEY WANT BECAUSE IT'S THEIR RIGHT....is this really the attitude of my sport ???? God I hope not...but it sure seems like it, especially lately.

*This Message was edited on 02-Feb-02 06:19 AM by MM700*
MM700

Postby SLEDHEADRED » February 2nd, 2002, 1:29 am

AMEN, i couldnt have said it better myself!!!!!
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

Postby ArcticEd » February 2nd, 2002, 1:32 am

Hey Carl, where ya been hiding???
How's that new sled????
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Postby ArcticEd » February 2nd, 2002, 1:46 am

Hey Carl, where ya been hiding???
How's that new sled????
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Postby zr800newyork » February 2nd, 2002, 3:17 am

Those idiots are every where speeding out of control and lookin to hurt innocent people...we can't be defensive enough...I avoid the main corridors as possible and don't mind nearly stopping when meeting those speed freaks and getting as far right as possible-how many have to die before those crazies lighten up...I watched 2 guy leave a Tug Hill bar to go for a ride last night after arriving around 6? and drinking according to their remarks ...3-4 hrs went out in near white out condition- turned over his sled on north road came back laughing about it and saying "I didn't want anything bad to happen" what ignorant after thoughts...
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
Sno-Goer Magazine-Nov'03 issue
zr800newyork

Postby Luv2sled » February 2nd, 2002, 5:02 am

MM......I agree with you, too many Blair Morgan wanna bees on the trail systems. I keep telling myself that it will stop eventually because all these idiots will be six feet under. I wouldn't even think about taking my kids out on the DNR trail anywhere in Michigan.....its kind of sad. I'm just waiting for the day when some idiot comes around a blind corner and hits me........that's not gonna be pretty! I hate to say this but I think the only solution is more law enforcement and hefty......I mean HEFTY fines. It's tuff to police ourselves when half of these idiots don't even belong to a club!

*This Message was edited on 02-Feb-02 10:03 AM by Luv2sled*
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby Mainecat » February 2nd, 2002, 5:39 am

MM----------- YOU ARE CORRECT!!!
I lead in our 4 person group and have been for ten years. I can't tell you how many times I have been almost whacked. every ride it seems. I have chased and gotten in a heated discussion with me in his face. Last weekend I was almost seriously t boned if fact his sled ticked my rear. Its always a wide eyed wack job skiis turned brakes on full sliding sideways idiot all the time. It needs to be adressed. Safety classes should be mandatory before you can register a sled and you must have a certificate on yourself along with a license. Now you got me going!!!
REALLY SAFETY CERFIFICATES SHOULD BE REQUIRE!!!! I wouldn't mind having to do that I think it would help!
Mainecat

Postby texassledder » February 2nd, 2002, 6:31 am

I have to say i agree about the classes. In fact Minnesota is making it mandatory to attend a class for safety next yr for eveyone born after 1976. I am 23, been riding for about 7 yrs, and at first i laughed. But the more I think about it, if there is one less death on sleds next yr it will be worth it. I feel that Wisconsin is the worst as far as stupid drivers. Ive been to the UP a few times, but have had many more problems in the Cheesehead northwoods. I ride agressive, and have no problem with people passing who ride even more aggressive. BUT NOT ON A FRICKEN CORNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care if your Blair or Tucker, its just plain stupid. And also if your riding up a hill, MAKE SURE YOUR ON THE RIGHT SIDE. I wonder sometimes if these people are from europe???????? I witnessed an aftermath death in the UP last winter around copper harbor, and it really makes you slow down and be a bit more cautious, I hope someday people realize its not only their own life you can take, but could be your best buddy you hit also. The good riders far outweigh the idiots, but a stupid 4 hour class can only help, lets just hope everyone must take it!!!! PEOPLE HAND SIGNALS DO WONDERS ON THE TRAILS!!! I wanna ride for many more yrs. People please go crazy, but when you see people or approach a corner, slow the hell down!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it only snowed in Houston, TX
texassledder

Postby klein » February 2nd, 2002, 7:49 am

Sledder killed last nite in mcmillian was a local boy guy was a loose cannon like most of the young people are nowadays, his name is todd senneker the senneker family is very well known in the grand rapids area, just another tragedy cause idiot couldnt hold the speed and alky, i just feel bad for the sennekers the've been thru alot thru the yrs and this punk didn't help matters least he didn't kill a innocent least on a sled they usually just kill themselves
klein

Postby Uker2 » February 2nd, 2002, 8:55 am

I'm really sorry to hear about the fatality. Our group doesn't ride after night. We don't particularly enjoy it and we believe we avoid alot of motorheads that way. You know, in one breath we stand on our soapboxes denouncing reckless driving, yet many of us search desparately for that extra hp or mph in our trail sleds. We always want to be one up on our neighbor or buddy. I know there is a time and place for all out running and it clearly doesn't belong on trails. We don't run our cars flat out on the highways, we do it at the race track. Maybe there will come a time for enforced speed limits on the trails.
Uker2
01'SRX
Uker2

Next

Return to Trash Talkers