Subscribe Today

The Ski-doo REV...I don't get it ??

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby zrcat » February 12th, 2002, 11:16 pm

I put risers on both my ZR's 2 years ago. It makes for a much better sled.
zrcat

Postby Uker2 » February 12th, 2002, 11:48 pm

There are alot of sleds that could risers. Just the other night, I bumped my knee on mine sitting on it in the garage. As far as the REV, it might be a great sled, but its targeted to a very small market. The typical survey says that the biggest % of snowmobilers are in their 40s - 50s, make pretty good jack (you have to these days) and aren't usually ditchbanging and snocross racing. I'm not quite in that category yet, but see the point. And all of you guys that worry about the weights of these new sleds, just make sure you have a couple of young guys in your group to do the digging out. That's what my job is, but lately I've been looking to recruit some younger guys to take my job!!

Uker2
01'SRX
Uker2

Postby MXZinger » February 12th, 2002, 11:54 pm

SNIVEL SNIVEL SNIVEL CRY CRY CRY

Da*n people forecasting something they have not even ridden. I personally am interested in neither the REV nor the Firecat. I am too tall and do more cross country riding then ditch banging. But again I'll say that the Rev was designed for aggressive (sand pits, moguls and jumping) rather then cross country. In retrospect let us say that I was going to ride a bike from Maine to Florida. Well I would take my Harley Davidson Low rider before I would take my Honda CBR. If we are going to talk about a product lets talk about it in its designed intended use. Thank you.
Trash Talkers: Home of the "Count the dead Arctic Cats contest"
MXZinger

Postby MM700 » February 13th, 2002, 12:02 am

Who is crying ??/ not me..I simply stated what Ski-doo is putting out in their press releases,and from rode reports....and from what I gather the REV is not a good all around sled...you just made my point yourself with that bike comparison.
MM700

Postby MXZinger » February 13th, 2002, 12:09 am

Hey MM the cry part was not intended to you specific. It's just my impression of the general feeling on the subject.
Trash Talkers: Home of the "Count the dead Arctic Cats contest"
MXZinger

Postby Hazen223 » February 13th, 2002, 12:54 am

mm700, I think your exaggerating abit, this new REV sled is going to be a big hit. It's the ultimate sled for those "younger" guys who love to ride hard all the time. I come from VT, and thats all we do. If you don't want to have you legs bent and your elbow out then don't complain about this sled and buy a Legend, or an older MX Z. that way you can stretch your legs, personally I think this sled is the best invention of any company, and will beat the firecats right off the market. But anyway just buy the sled thats compfortable to you.
Arctic Cat? oh ya, I last saw him whiping his face clean of my dust, And the winner is... The Bombardier.
Hazen223

Postby MM700 » February 13th, 2002, 1:10 am

Good you younger guys out east ride that junk..lol
MM700

Postby ArcticEd » February 13th, 2002, 2:10 am

I stand up alot,(although maybe not as much as Zr800Racer does) and I have my bars pretty high and forward.....it makes a difference. I'm not sure about everything that Doo is trying to accomplish with the REV chassis, but frankly, I've been thinking that having my seat a few inches higher wouldn't be a BAD thing........but I think I could do it with out making the rest of the sled uglier than blue mud in the process..........LOL
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Postby hugeair » February 13th, 2002, 6:27 am

MM700, why are you complaining about the sled not being good in powder, and not being a good all around sled? NOONE EVER SAID IT WOULD BE!!!! Ski-Doo is not claiming it will be a great powder sled or a great all-around sled. The whole market does not have to make a sled that Mr. MM700 likes.

Do you get the point, yet?? It's NOT MADE FOR YOU, SO FORGET ABOUT IT AND MOVE ON!

Sheesh, some people you just gotta hit over the head with a brick before they get it.
hugeair

Postby ArcticEd » February 13th, 2002, 6:41 am

Oh SH!T, there's gonna be BRICKS????????
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers