Subscribe Today

The Sleds Trashed well not all the way

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby 96VmaxXT » February 18th, 2002, 9:06 am

I went up to Newberry this weekend and it was good ride for the amount of snow, sat night was rough but sledable, Sun rolled around, it was great we rode to Grand Marais in the morning and stopped for lunch. On the way back the trails were getting rougher at pine stump it was turning from SNIRT to DIRT and Water. We were about 10 miles from our hotel, when i tried dodging a deep ass mud puddle i got around the puddle and slammed it into a tree on the side of the trail. When i went around the puddle, i caught a nice amount of snow it pulled me in and i nailed the tree at about 25 - 30 mph, my knees banged up and the sled is gone. All of my hood is mangled up the skis and the "POGO STICKS" on the front were not bent no engine damage, its all cosmetics.
I will get you guys a pic once my film is done.

*This Message was edited on 18-Feb-02 02:08 PM by 96VmaxXT*
[blue]Total Damage $4400 US, Aslong as I'm not hurt its ok! YEA RIGHT![/blue]
[blue]
[url=http://hometown.aol.com/n1ke1113/myhomepage/profile.html]THE TRASHED 96 V Max Xt[/url][/blue]
96VmaxXT

Postby Xtreme XC » February 18th, 2002, 9:39 am

Too bad what happened to the sled. I was just up there riding on Fri and Sat myself. Rode from Newberry to Pine stump and back Fri. Went from Strongs to Raco to Paradise and back on Sat.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Postby 96VmaxXT » February 18th, 2002, 12:38 pm

Yea the insurance said we have to take it and get it looked at n s**t. o well i am alive thats all i care about.
Trails were good fri n sat, i didn t ride fri but thats what was said.
-96-
[blue]
[url=http://hometown.aol.com/n1ke1113/myhomepage/profile.html]THE TRASHED 96 V Max Xt[/url][/blue]
96VmaxXT

Postby all out racing » February 18th, 2002, 12:49 pm

LOL 96 vmaxXT u are hilarious with that signature line with a pogo stick yamaha "eating polaris's and s**tting cats" hahahahahaha. Those must be the 340 indy lite and jags hahahahahaha. Get a life dude.
------------------------
i'm pretty sure yamaha could sell cow $hit for food to the same guys that bought all the rx1 hype...
all out racing

Postby 96VmaxXT » February 18th, 2002, 12:57 pm

hey man they are still polaris and cats ya know either way i could have ment the lil 120's yea i kill the lil kids in the annual grass drags.
[blue]
96VmaxXT

Postby ZRT800 » February 18th, 2002, 1:46 pm

That's a sh*t deal! At least you weren't injured too badly. If you don't mind, keep us posted on how your insurance company deals with this. I smashed my sled up 2 weeks ago on a pressure crack. The insurance company is still jerking me! They said it's wrote off, but won't talk about the settlement. I'll be switching companies next year, would like to know what your experience is. Thanks in advance!
Who said Cats can't swim?!?
ZRT800

Postby 96VmaxXT » February 19th, 2002, 6:18 am

Well guys its worse then I orginally thought, I am going sometime in the next week for an MRI of my leg I may need surgery. "ARTHROSCOPIC SURGERY", all this nonsense crap because I hit a tree at friggin 25 MPH. Well yea the DOC said I am out of work for 6 weeks so its gonna be tough, not really. Well guys I'll keep ya informed I am running my sled up to the dealer to have 'em look at it.
-96-
[blue]
96VmaxXT

Postby maxiracer » February 19th, 2002, 6:23 am

Dude! Now that bites!! I feel for you, that just about sums up this winter, started crappy, looked up a little, then got REAL crappy! Sorry bout your sled, hope you heal soon!
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby RotaxGuy » February 19th, 2002, 6:36 am

Sorry to hear about your leg and your sled. Good part - they can both be fixed. Speaking of V-Max's, a friend of mine just totaled his pickup and his '96 V-Max about 1 week ago. Some guy was leaving a bar (or at least that was the parking lot he was coming out of) and pulled out in front of my buddy on the highway. 2 laner w/ a car coming at him in the other lane so he had to take it into the ditch. No more sled or truck. Guy kept driving after seeing my buddy roll his truck a couple times in the ditch in front of him. Nice guy. Is that what they call "Minnesota Nice"?
RotaxGuy

Postby 96VmaxXT » February 19th, 2002, 8:45 am

Maxiracer ya hit it on the dot this winter blew but I did put a whole 198.6 miles on my sled before the tree.
Rotax sorry to hear about your buddy's loss, just goes along with what Maxiracer was saying about the winter.
I just scanned a picture of the V Max click the link below to see it I do have a few more.
Also I just dropped the sled off at the shop and the guy said I am luckey I only had a little dent on the Pipe from the view he had. Ride safe!
-96-
[blue]
96VmaxXT

Next

Return to Trash Talkers