Subscribe Today

Selling by auction

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Selling by auction

Postby Uker2 » February 26th, 2002, 12:34 pm

Has anyone ever sold their sled at auction? There's one in southern Michigan and I'm considering dumping my 01 SRX. No snow, I've lost the desire and want to pay some bills. Would appreciate some feedback. Maybe I'll start fresh next season if it ever snows again.
Uker2
01'SRX
Uker2

Selling by auction

Postby RyMachZ » February 26th, 2002, 5:14 pm

For the most part sleds go cheap at auctions. I wouldn't bother If your looking to make a respectable dollar on your scooter. Sell it privately for most profit.
RyMachZ

Selling by auction

Postby SLEDHEADRED » February 26th, 2002, 9:28 pm

I tell you Ryanmachz is wrong!
At the Whitestar auction, which I actually do go to, the sleds normally bring close to retail!
But that is in Oct, Nov, Dec, and even Januaray.
But to take one there now, you might get trade in!
The auction is this weekend,a nd with the heavy snow they got around there, you might get a little more.
So you know, the longer it takes to run the sled through, the less people will be there, the less you will get.
A buddy just picked up a 99 Machz for $3600.00, but it came through at about 4pm, when there were only 50 people left there, not 500 or more!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

Selling by auction

Postby ZR800XC » February 27th, 2002, 1:20 pm

I go to whitestar every month and usually buy 4-8 latemodel sleds. I always make my money back in time to go buy more the next month. Although, I see alot of sleds go through that go for more money than I'd pay for them. It's kind of a gamble, but what your sled brings at auction is probably what it's worth...

[img]http://my.core.com/~twister76/twister1.jpg">[/img]

ZR800XC

Selling by auction

Postby Blue leader » February 27th, 2002, 1:27 pm

www.snowmobileauction.com and you can check out the prices that sleds have sold for.
Blue leader

Return to Trash Talkers