Subscribe Today

D**N INSURANCE

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

D**N INSURANCE

Postby 96VmaxXT » March 5th, 2002, 10:40 am

I am completely pissed off now! If you read my post about the sled being wrecked you know that it come up to about $4400 insurance only wants to give us $2200 with a $250 deduct. So $1950 for a sled that Blue Books $3000 something! Looks like I am out a sled for a while maybe a season maybe longer I have to work a lots for a new one or to repair my old one. That and now all we are doin for Insurance is gettin liability and only have it for when we go U.P.ing.
-96-
[blue]Total Damage $4400 US, Aslong as I'm not hurt its ok! YEA RIGHT![/blue]
[blue]
[url=http://hometown.aol.com/n1ke1113/myhomepage/profile.html]THE TRASHED 96 V Max Xt[/url][/blue]
96VmaxXT

D**N INSURANCE

Postby INDY500XCSP » March 5th, 2002, 11:05 am

thats sounds like a bunch of bull s#it if you ask me..why only giving you 2200?? cause the sled is older or what?? good luck with everything,only good thing is at least the season(lack there of) is almost over,so youll have a little time to decide what you want to do.. are you able to work???-INDY
-------------
'99 Polaris INDY500XCSP bunch of red stuff<- For sale
03 Pro-XR w/600, SLP Can, C&A Trail skis, 96 Megabites,Powermadd/Rox handguards, AMSOIL,V-Force 3, PERC
INDY500XCSP

D**N INSURANCE

Postby KneeDeepInSnow » March 5th, 2002, 11:06 am

insurance is f**king gay.......had to say it.....
pull every insurance policy you have wiht those bastard and tell them your transfering it to there biggest competitor. hopefully they'll change there minds and give you more money
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/KDX250/SDbrbr.jpg[/IMG]
[b][i][blue]DAYS GET SHORTER, SNOW GETS DEEPER, LIFE GETS BETTER[/blue][/i][/b]
KneeDeepInSnow

D**N INSURANCE

Postby PolarisIndy » March 5th, 2002, 11:12 am

That sucks! But I'm a little confused about your prices. I think the ins. company is being fair. NADA shows:
Model: VX600XTW V-MAX XT
Engine Maker: YAMAHA
Piston Displacement (CCs): 598
Length with skis (inches): 109.4
Dry Weight: 509
Low Retail: $1,545
Average Retail: $2,030
High Retail: $2,195

If you are getting your values from KBB don't bother they are usually WAY too high. The trade in values on kbb.com are usually closer to reality than the retail prices. When I was looking around about 2 years ago at sleds I was looking at those yami's with the pogo sticks up front and they where going for about $2500-2800 back then. Just simply because everybody wanted the progressive chassis. My point is if you want the same model/year sled, you might want to look around and you could probably pick one up for close to what the ins. company is giving you..... especially this time of year....
PolarisIndy

D**N INSURANCE

Postby ZRT800 » March 5th, 2002, 1:01 pm

Not sure about the U.S. but in Canada (well Ontario) you don't have to take their first offer. You're legally entitled to fight for 1 year. Check your policy & see what value it's insured for. Then start fighting till they give you what you want. Atleast 90% of claims get settled on the first offer. People get screwed because they don't know they can bargain for a higher settlement. Look into it, & check with someone who deals with insurance companies regularly (car mechanics). Insurance is the business of screwing people, turn the table.
Who said Cats can't swim?!?
ZRT800

D**N INSURANCE

Postby Blue leader » March 5th, 2002, 1:17 pm

Not sure where you are located but www.slickssalvage.com is near Lansing Mi. They might have some stuff if your gonna rebuild.
Blue leader

D**N INSURANCE

Postby 96VmaxXT » March 6th, 2002, 8:07 am

We are getting more estimates done my two more companies to see if its all that bad, they said I bent the frame which I doubt but I could have. Also it pisses me off that the price of the sled decreases but they never lower the deduct! o well. Yea I am back to work now. Thanks guys
-96-
[blue]
[url=http://hometown.aol.com/n1ke1113/myhomepage/profile.html]THE TRASHED 96 V Max Xt[/url][/blue]
96VmaxXT

D**N INSURANCE

Postby SlapNuts » March 6th, 2002, 9:47 am

I wrecked a sled 4 years ago, insurance compamy came back with a settlement that I felt was way to low. I spent several days on the web, in many newspapers, CycleTrader etc... finding sleds the same year as mine with asking prices about a grand to 1,200 more than they were offering me. It took some work but I got them to match what I was asking for. It also took going through several levels of claims management to get to the person who would approve the higher settlement based on my homework. If you let them get away with giving you squat for the sled, they will happily do so.
SlapNuts

D**N INSURANCE

Postby 96VmaxXT » March 6th, 2002, 9:54 am

They said that they would give us the average of any sleds they/we saw for sale. Right now the only two like mine for sale went for 2400 and 2000 so basically what we need to do is find a 96 V MAX XT 600 for more than what they find to get more money s**tty EH
-96-
[blue]
96VmaxXT

D**N INSURANCE

Postby PolarisIndy » March 7th, 2002, 6:33 am

Hey 96VmaxXT, I found you a sled.... It's in wyoming, but hey make a trip out west ;)

Here is the link:
[url]http://www.snowest.com/fusetalk3/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=20061[/url]
PolarisIndy

Next

Return to Trash Talkers