Subscribe Today

03 Racers

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

03 Racers

Postby Trail Cat » June 14th, 2002, 3:05 am

Have any of the doo or polaris racers heard back on there race applications yet?
Trail Cat

03 Racers

Postby bbartels » June 17th, 2002, 2:01 am

no, not yet for polaris. I guess the lady there said they were ready to go just needed to print them out.
bbartels

03 Racers

Postby Myers Racing Inc. » June 17th, 2002, 5:51 am

They are out today but myself and a few other racers I know got denied. Pretty bummed!!
[url=http://www.myersracinginc.com]Myers Racing Inc.[/url]
Team MRI
Myers Racing Inc.

03 Racers

Postby sledheadjack » June 17th, 2002, 11:11 am

YES- the letters arrived. :)
[blue]All work & no PLAY makes the pit chick a dull girl!;)[/blue]My DRINKING TEAM has a RACING problem!! DITCH the DUDES, let's go [red]RACING![/red]:p [img]http://www.sledheadjack.homestead.com/files/drink_n_drivesmall.jpg[/img]
sledheadjack

03 Racers

Postby Switch » June 18th, 2002, 5:03 am

This is going to be my third year racing and still cannot get a sled. I don't know why they only build 500 if people are willing to buy and support the manufacturer then why not build more. Once again another year of riding last years junk.
Switch

03 Racers

Postby bbartels » June 18th, 2002, 5:22 am

I dont understand it either!! I think the only way to get on the program is to either know someone in the race dept or be a girl. Nothing against woman racers at all, I just have never heard of any of them getting denied. Last year I saw little kids riding 02's and other people that suck riding new sleds. I know that there are only five (if that) in my whole state that applied for the race program so its not a population thing. What are the critieria that Polaris looks for when deciding who gets on the program or not?????? I am really disappointed in Polaris right now!!!!
bbartels

03 Racers

Postby Myers Racing Inc. » June 18th, 2002, 5:29 am

About the woman thing, that isn't totally correct. I have a friend that runs sport womans and has run some pro woman classes and she even got denied. I thought for sure she would get accepted but noe she is really bumbed. I am tick also and I am sure it will be the same as last year; alot of dealers will have these sleds and have a hard time selling them becuase they won't be "trail friendly". I am trying to figure out what I will be doing for next year, by a new '03 for alot more than the racer price or buy a '02 440 and mod for about $1000 bucks more for the pair. Have to really decide what the next step will be but I am very disappointed right know. Thought for sure I would get on the program but starting to think that they put alot of the race program money into getting Team Amsoil and Judnick. I have been a loyal Polaris rider/racer for many years and starting to wonder if I should have sent to the others two companies.
[url=http://www.myersracinginc.com]Myers Racing Inc.[/url]
Team MRI
Myers Racing Inc.

03 Racers

Postby Switch » June 18th, 2002, 6:09 am

How come I can go out this afternoon and buy a brand new CR 250 but after three years of racing and who knows how much money spent I cannot get a new race sled. Also WSA membership fees went up. I cannot wait to see how much my classes are going to go up in price. I am very disappointed in this situation. I cannot afford to spend $8000+ on a race sled that I will only be able to sell for $5000. This sport starting to be who you know and who has the most money. I know I will go to the races this year and see kids in the beginner class on brand new 03's.
Switch

03 Racers

Postby bbartels » June 18th, 2002, 6:15 am

Well I stand corrected that is the first time that I have heard that a woman racer got denied! I know that Polaris makes more than 500 race sleds each year because it seemed like there was a thousand 02's at any given Willmar race!! I have too many polaris parts and knowledge of there clutching to give up on the brand but if I had to start from scratch it would be on a Ski-doo. There mods make alot of power and you can get a nice used one cheaper then a polaris or artic cat with the same power. I think that we will end up getting 02's from last year. I just dont understand how last year everyone and their dogs had new ones and this year ??????????
bbartels

03 Racers

Postby Ghetto » June 18th, 2002, 1:05 pm

What kind of prices are racers paying for 03's through the race program? Up in canada here racers are paying about $7000 Cdn. for a polaris. Are there going to be any changes to the sled? What about the other brands, guys getting rejected for those? It seems that it's really tough to get a '03. I agree with the guys that stated that it's who you know and whose ass you kissed the best.
Ghetto

Next

Return to General Racing Board