Subscribe Today

Honda Snowmobile?

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Honda Snowmobile?

Postby polarisrules81 » September 18th, 2002, 5:48 am

I was reading that Honda may come out with a snowmobile in 2004. Judging by the quality of other Honda products everybody better watch out. If Honda comes out with a snowmobile they are going to be some serious competition for the other manufacturer's that is for sure. They will have an excellent dealer network set up already with their existing dealer network for motorcycles. They will probably have a four stroke machine probably based on the same technology as their award winning outboard motors. I am a mainly a Polaris man although I think all the manufacturers make good machinery. But if Honda comes out with a snowmobile as good as their four-stroke outboard motors and other quality products they may take the world by storm. Yamaha may have the best four stroke right now but if Honda is coming out with one it will more than likely be better. Yamaha you better watch out. Well just thought I would comment on this and get some other people's opinions on this subject.
polarisrules81

Honda Snowmobile?

Postby t_train75 » September 18th, 2002, 2:32 pm

just a rumor that i dont' even know if i believe my self but i heard that honda and cat were having talks discussing honda making the powerplants for artic cat snowmobiles? any input would be great!
go fast turn left ice dirt or asphalt
t_train75

Honda Snowmobile?

Postby acatmann » September 19th, 2002, 2:17 pm

I haven't heard anything about Cat & Honda getting together. I did hear rumors about Honda possibly getting into snowmobiles. More manufacturers means heavier competition which will lead to a higher tech product for the consumer!

*This Message was edited on 19-Sep-02 07:22 PM by acatmann*

*This Message was edited on 19-Sep-02 07:23 PM by acatmann*
acatmann

Honda Snowmobile?

Postby MX-ZAHOLIC » September 19th, 2002, 8:19 pm

I just got my club magazine from the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs in the mail, and it said that they had "spy photos" of the new Honda sled. The magazine quoted page 73 for the photos, however, the magazine only went to page 72 (includung the back cover) Hmmm.......
[b][purple]SNOW'S ALL GONE, TIME TO GO FISHIN'![/b][/purple]

[b][blue]WEATHER IN FORT FRANCES[/b][/blue]
[img]http://www.theweathernetwork.com/inter/weathercentre/weatherbutton/images/can/KINL.gif[/img]
MX-ZAHOLIC

Honda Snowmobile?

Postby cementhead » September 21st, 2002, 9:08 am

I think honda threw us a curve ball with the intro of the crf 250r when they kept us in suspense for the week. Maybe they are hoping for the honda sled rumor die down and they will unleash it on us.
Cementhead
Shut up and Race!!!
cementhead

Honda Snowmobile?

Postby bullheadsturbo » September 22nd, 2002, 12:39 pm

i really hope honda makes a sled, i would buy one right away, there motors are awsome, i hope they build something like a 1000 2 stroke, like putting to cr 500 engines together, and their 4 strokes are the best, i seen like 6 months ago that they were going to make a 750ex turbo charged racing quad, and i seen that there where thinkin of puting the cr 500 motor in the new 3rd generation alumium frame, i would buy both of them, but i would really like to see them build a sled, i think that they would do really good in the compention of all brands.
bullheadsturbo

Honda Snowmobile?

Postby Big Native » September 23rd, 2002, 4:04 am

There has been a Honda powered, 4 stroke snowmobile, being driven around for the last few years.

I know this as a fact, I have seen it with my own eyes, many, many times!

It's called, the "Mini Z"

*This Message was edited on 23-Sep-02 09:04 AM by big native*
Big Native

Honda Snowmobile?

Postby deadsled » September 23rd, 2002, 5:23 am

what about honda engine, cannondale chassis. Cannondale has never made one, but that didn't stop them from making a kickazz bike and quad, first time out of the gate. I doubt it would happen, but I would like to see it.
I am currently riding a yamaha 4S. Who would have guessed?
deadsled

Return to General Racing Board