Subscribe Today

How do you get dicovered? Get a sponcer?

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby snowgirl550cc » November 4th, 2002, 2:13 pm

I've been riding for years now and I havn't been able to find a sponcer and get into the racing thing!
Miranda
snowgirl550cc

Postby snowgirl550cc » November 4th, 2002, 2:26 pm

please help!
Miranda
snowgirl550cc

Postby REAL7362 » November 4th, 2002, 3:31 pm

i hate to tell you but, you gotta race and be good at it for sponsors to pick you up. they wont just sign someone cause they wanna race. i know its expensive but thats the only way to do it. this will be my fith year racing and each year i've done better and have gotten more sponsors such as ski-doo, stud boy, plastic specialties, scott goggles, ingles performance, goodwin performance, sportech,...... any way i never had all of these sponsors my first year. i had to pay full price for everything. killed my checkbook! after winning the semi-pro points championship in the 440 and open classes and overall points, the sponsors just keep on coming. good luck and keep the track side down.
ALWAYS RACE READY!
REAL7362

Postby cementhead » November 4th, 2002, 9:12 pm

you have to send prospective sponsors a resume, and hope they reply. Most sponsorships have to do with discounts on products, finding somone to give you money to race is very hard.

Cementhead
Shut up and Race!!!
cementhead

Postby deadsled » November 5th, 2002, 1:24 am

I'm not really familiar with racing, but I used to do some 1/4 scale tractor pulling, and there, we started with local businesses, willing to put in a few bucks, parts, services, etc, in exchange for their name posted somewhere. Even companies that have nothing to do with snowmobiling. local drycleaner type of thing. (I know, not very glamorous, but if it gets you to the races the first few years, so you can pick up some bigger names, it's worth it.)
I am currently riding a yamaha 4S. Who would have guessed?
deadsled

Postby Air 440 » November 5th, 2002, 8:52 am

ya, Sponsors won't just sponsor you because you say you are good. You have to go race for a year or two and prove it on the track that you have what it takes. They need to see results.
If you can't impress em with you knowledge, confuse em with your bullsh*t
Air 440

Postby OLDRACR » November 5th, 2002, 10:49 am

Knowing how to spell sponsor will help
Arctic Cat #1 Underground miners do it on the rocks!
OLDRACR

Postby ice_racer_69 » November 5th, 2002, 11:16 am

That is what I was kinda thinking too.
ice_racer_69

Postby Openmod » November 5th, 2002, 1:00 pm

First i suggest that you learn how to spell sponsor correctly
Ad Boivin test rider
Openmod

Postby maxiracer » November 5th, 2002, 11:00 pm

Miranda, Getting good sponsors is hard, most people won't just give you money and say"Go have fun" it just doesn't work that way.
I can give you some suggestions that might help you out. Find a dealer who is into racing, and see if he will give you a break on parts, 20% off doesn't seem like much, but every little bit helps. Talk to Woody's, and try to get on the racer support program. They will sell you traction products at 50% of retail. It might be too late for this season, but make sure you try to sign up next year. Check with the circuit you will race with and see if there are any contingency programs going, sometimes a oil company will pay back money to race winners for using their product and displaying their sticker on your sled. Look into non-sled related potential sponsors, I had sponsorship from a door manufacture and a electro-plating company, and a bar/resturant. Lot's of little sponsors add up so don't be afraid to ask, just be prepared to hear no alot also. But you have to get out and race and prove to these guys your worth their investment in your team!!! Good Luck!!
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Next

Return to General Racing Board