Subscribe Today

WSA Snowcross should be afraid...very afraid.

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby MM700 » March 2nd, 2003, 3:50 pm

Because I saw some awesome snowcross races at Watersmeet with the USSA Circut this weekend...some very close, exciting races with some very talented young drivers....You guys know I am not much of a snow cross fan( I am old oval guy), but was very impressed with the talent level of the USSA, those guys were every bit as good as any of the drivers I saw running semi pro with WSA snowcross...all I have heard this winter is how talented and deep the WSA snowcross races are....well I am here to tell you....so is the USSA.....and I wouldn't be surprised to see many defections from the WSA to USSA...The USSA snowcross drivers put on a exciting, fun to watch weekend of racing...those of you who weren't in Watersmeet missed a great new track, with a great weekend of racing...again I tip my hat to them..it's truely the first weekend of snowcross racing that I have enjoyed watching in quite sometime :)....WSA should be very afraid of losing drivers to this circut next winter.
MM700

Postby yak165 » March 2nd, 2003, 11:59 pm

I agree, all circuits have good racing, but I beg to differ on your analysis of the riders. Again, this isn't to "rip" on the riders, just my observations. Riders that win or top three in USSA snox, have a hard time qualifying for the WSA finals. Jesse Gillis finishes top three, didn't make final. Chad Rayford used to win USSA "pro" all the time, didn't make semipro final (did he get hurt or is something else up with him, just wondering). Billy Marble used to win USSA semipro - running WSA sport. Again, they are all great racers, just a different level of competition in WSA events. That's part of the appeal of USSA though, is they provide great racing cause they are evenly matched. Just my $0.02
yak165

Postby ImL8 » March 3rd, 2003, 3:15 am

I'd have to agree with Yak....although some riders can make the transition from their circuit to WSA without dropping down a class, the majority of riders are way, way outclassed by riders in the WSA circuit.
ImL8

Postby gordan » March 3rd, 2003, 5:43 am

Rayford broke hand in first round on saturday semi-pro open.
gordan

Postby watcher » March 3rd, 2003, 9:43 am

thank you MM700! YES, this new track was very exciting, DRIVERS TOO! they did one hell of a great job on this new track. too bad that mother nature did not do her job! but still, it was a very good weekend!
watcher

Return to General Racing Board