Subscribe Today

tucker quit snocross

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

tucker quit snocross

Postby ajr175 » March 17th, 2003, 4:13 am

I guess it's true. Riding yamaha I heard too.
Expect victory and you get victory.
ajr175

tucker quit snocross

Postby sled_king » March 17th, 2003, 4:37 am

all i can say is ...WOW
sled_king

tucker quit snocross

Postby khafner1 » March 17th, 2003, 4:56 am

ya right! where did you hear that?
and if he is quiting why is he riding yamahas? do you mean he is going to race bikes instead? he isnt that great on dirtbike from what i saw.
if theres snow im riding!!
[yellow]2004 Ski-doo MXZx 440
[/yellow]
khafner1

tucker quit snocross

Postby pro_x_racer » March 17th, 2003, 8:23 am

Yea its true. says on the news page. I still dont get it, Tucker is awesome on sleds. MOtocross has more money involved but the hibbert family has huge ties with arctic cat. Now who will take the top dog spot on Team Arctic. Will Blair go back? Probably not but it will be interesting.
Blake Wibe
pro_x_racer

tucker quit snocross

Postby MXZX_440 » March 17th, 2003, 8:41 am

If blair stays with ski-doo it will be ski-doo on top every rave
Kent M.
MXZX_440

tucker quit snocross

Postby SnowBunny85 » March 17th, 2003, 9:21 am

HEY EVERYONE!!!

Well, it's true that Tucker isn't as good on bikes as snowmobiles. I had the opportunity to see him race in the Canadian races last year and he finished consistant but only top 10,....never won a race I don't believe...And the AMA is way more competetive....
I wish him all the luck in the world though...And by the looks of it....He's gonna need it!
Later!
Lindsay
SnowBunny85

tucker quit snocross

Postby polarisrules81 » March 17th, 2003, 3:36 pm

I must say there are a lot of critical people in here of Tucker's move to motocross. It is really no big suprise since he has been talking about it for years now that he was going to move to motocross when the right time came. I mean give the guy a chance. He is young. He has to learn on dirtbikes just like he did on snowmobiles. I believe he will do well and if he doesn't there is always snowmobile racing to come back too.
polarisrules81

tucker quit snocross

Postby Stephen73 » March 18th, 2003, 6:57 am

It's hard to concentrate on motocross full time when you spend your winters racing snocross. So to make it in motocross he felt he had to make the sacrifice, even though he's one of the best sled racers out there. It makes you wonder if Morgan won't do the same thing some day.
www.mxstephen.150m.com
Stephen73

tucker quit snocross

Postby racer43 » March 18th, 2003, 7:14 am

I have to say that I respect Tucker for his decision. He is not one of my favorite racers, but I feel it took courage for him to make a decision like he did. I am sure that he is as aware as we are that he isn't as good at motocross, but he is dedicating his time and attention to become the best that he can. As for Morgan I don't think he will quit snocross for the simple reason that his decisions usually are for money, and he won't make nearly what he is now if he moved to motocross full time.
racer43

tucker quit snocross

Postby yak165 » March 18th, 2003, 8:54 am

I didn't read the article yet, but I think it's definitely a big mistake on his part. He will be back racing sleds in a year or so. For those that say he's young, he's what 18 or 19? That maybe young in snox where it seems the top riders are all in there mid to late 20's, but in MX/SX almost all the factory riders are late teens/early 20's (except riders like Ward, LaRoco, etc.) At the millville national this year he was no where near the pace of the front runners. Good luck to him, but I don't see it happening.
yak165

Next

Return to General Racing Board