Subscribe Today

Could Tucker beat the captain??

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby NorthernSkunk » July 2nd, 2003, 4:56 pm

Just a fun question to kill some summer......who would win a 150 mile x-country race all done on one day.....Tucker or his dad?
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby Taz99 » July 3rd, 2003, 12:11 am

I would say Tucker's dad would win if we could turn the clock back and make the Captain 30 years old. He won alot races for Arctic Cat in cross-country when their snowmobile wasn't the best brand out on the track. #41's sled was always set up perfect, and he could always pick the best lines to run, on ice ,in the woods, or just banging down the ditch. He maybe the best all around snowmobile racer of all time. He's is a really nice guy also, helped alot of racers out over the years.
Taz99

Postby NorthernSkunk » July 3rd, 2003, 9:09 am

We ran the same course as Mr. Hibbert in Thief River years ago in a couple of the Iron-man races, we were in lower classes though. But it was sure interesting to compare our times against the pro's back then. Those guys were fast in some terrible junk I remember......thats why I wonder how the sno-xers of today would fair racin x-country. Some have never done it.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby JohnPrusak » July 3rd, 2003, 10:26 am

Good topic, Skunk. I really think Tucker is a talented kid, but his forte is not cross country. So, I'd say nobody would even have to turn back any clocks on this one... if they raced today (OK, maybe in the winter!), I'd take the Kirk. And, going back to a topic somebody raised a month ago or so, I'd also say Kirk is one of the best all-around racers ever, as witnessed by domination in true cross country, laketop cross country (ISOC), snocross, hillclimbs, etc.
JohnPrusak
Snow Goer Staff

Postby M10rules » July 3rd, 2003, 12:31 pm

I would agree with JP. Run them this winter in CC and Kirk would win. 10 years from now it will be all Tucker. Tucker has the skill in his blood, he is good at reading tracks and finding those great lines like his dad, but he needs more experience still to be as good as Kirk. I have had a chance to talk with Kirk and its amazing the love for the sport and helping others!! He is and will always be one of the true greats of snowmobiling!!
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby FreezurBurnt » July 3rd, 2003, 4:37 pm

Xcountry is alot faster then SloX so you gotta wonder if Wunder boy would be able to hold on at all out speed and bumps rather then the brake and gun type racing;)
[b]ride Chelmsford,Northern Ont. area[/b]

[img]http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif[/img][img]https://www.snowgoer.com/SharedContent/cfb/memberphotos/3793/rig/my%20truck%20driver%20side%20neg.jpg[/img]
[green][b][i]01 ZR 600 early release[/b][/i][/green]
FreezurBurnt

Postby abbershay » July 5th, 2003, 2:02 am

.. you all talk like kirk doesnt race and he is is still very active racing. I think cross country is so close , that it is the prep that makes all the difference....
abbershay

Postby Basic Bob » July 8th, 2003, 1:18 am

I think the Captain would win quite easily. Cross-country is quite a bit different than Sno-X. In Sno-X, even though the track changes a little each lap, you still know what's coming. In X-country, it's all about reading the good lines. Hell, the Captain would be missing the bumps and moguls and the young Hibbert would be trying to hit the d**n things. I think Tucker would tire out well before the Old Man would in the ditches.
Basic Bob

Postby Mainecat » July 14th, 2003, 6:59 am

John and to think I had to vote for the Cap after NO ONE thought of him even after the 20th post! Jeeze guys
Mainecat

Return to General Racing Board