Subscribe Today

The "Price" of tickets at WSA snowcross

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby doo it » December 20th, 2003, 2:39 pm

Sorry but $20.00 bucks a day/per person at WSA Snowcross, is just too mutch! how can a guy with a family afford to take the family to an event. We have stopped going to the races! WISH! we had some USSA oval races to go to in Minnesota!

What are the price of tickets in your area races?

Take Care
doo it

Postby doorider » December 20th, 2003, 2:47 pm

I was at the wsa race in winnipeg last weekend and now that you mention it, I don't remember seeing a whole lot of family's, I never thought of it then but that's true. I guess there aren't a whole of major sport events that the average guy can afford to take a family to. For my part I'm single and I thought it was great, they started racing at 9:30 in the morning and went steady all day till about 6:30 in the evening, then sunday from about 10:30 until 4:30.
vegas odds on an irondog race next year?
doorider

Postby team120 » December 20th, 2003, 3:19 pm

for the m.i.r.a. circuit the price is if remember correctly is $10 or $12 for the weekend
WALT KOMARNIZKI
:M[/b][red][u] GO FAST TURN LEFT !!!![/red][/b][/u]:M
:p[blue]K & K Racing [/blue]:p
team120

Postby ice_racer_440 » December 20th, 2003, 4:24 pm

If your looking for ovals WSA Extreme Ice (Wsa pro ice) has ice ovals in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Freeport, Garrison, Roseau, and it sound like Hill City. Check it out pro-ice.com. Hope that helps.
ice_racer_440

Postby BRRP » December 20th, 2003, 5:32 pm

Buffalo River Race Park, Glyndon, MN - Sno-cross is $5.00 a person kids under 6 get in free. Big, long, wide track and spectators have a great view of the track from the bleechers or the first 40-50 cars can park and see the track.

See you at the RACES!!!
www.buffalorivermx.com
BRRP

Postby speednutt » December 20th, 2003, 8:04 pm

I know that this isnt snowcross but where else can you go to see speeds around 170mph and possibly higher? Check out www.cmsaracing.com for speed runs in the central minnesota area this coming winter. This is a professionally run world record speed run series that is taking over where NSSR left off.

Admission is only $5.00 and kids under 12 get in free. If you race, there is no charge to you at all. We even have the childrens speed runs on kitty cats and 120cc machines.

There is around 15 machines that i am aware of that will be running around 140+mph in 1000', could be around 10 or so running over 150mph.

hope to see you there.

speednutt
[url]www.cmsaracing.com[/url]
[img]http://www.cmsaracing.com/images/logoweb1.jpg[/img]
speednutt

Postby joshc » December 20th, 2003, 9:17 pm

I remember a couple of years ago they were only like 30 for the weekend when did they go up. Or maybe that was a while back yet but no more than 5 years.
Ride the Green
joshc

Postby watcher » December 21st, 2003, 9:02 am

doo it, sorry to say, but the more coverage you want. the more the drivers, crews & fans pay! when the demand is to have a two page four color ad in snow week magazine or tv time, everyone pays for it! tv coverage is not cheap, never was and never will be! SOMEONE HAS TOO PAY FOR IT!

i just mailed out some free USSA passes, to fans that stop in at our booth and signed up for the "FREE RAFFLE" at the Milwaukee Snow Show this pass fall! those people that received this in the mail, can pick what USSA race they would like to watch free (general admission)! sorry but Eagle River was not included in the free pass. all they need to do, is pay to get in, bring the lettter that i mail them to the USSA regerstation trailer and we will give them there money back!

HOPE THAT ALL THE WINNER WILL ENJOY A GREAT DAY AT THE RACES!

THINK COLD, THINK SNOW, THINK ICE, THINK SAFETY, THINK USSA

watcher
watcher

Postby doo it » December 22nd, 2003, 12:15 am

watcher, I sure wish you would bring your races back to Minnesota!!! USSA! "ALWAYS" had the best show on snow(ice)!

On another note, I have a wife and two sons who enjoy the sport. $20.00 bucks a day per person on a two day event. Thats $$160.00 bucks, throw in two night in a motel, breakfast's, lunches and dinner's, gas to and from. We are looking at $500.00 bucks! Sorry dude! can't, NO WON'T DOO IT!

We miss it, but instead, we take the $500.00 bucks now and make a nice trip to somewhere like the boarder country between Minnesota and Canada. Snowmobile the BEST! place on earth instead.

I thought places put these races on, like lion's clubs, VFW's, Etc. I thought they payed the cost of the race! and made a % of the take? I also thought sponsers paid money's to be used for things, like air time. I talked with a person who put a bunch of races on(bar/supper club owner/member of the lion's) He said, it took about $12,000 bucks to put on a good race. They hosted ISOC cross country races. Heart Land, MRP PRO ICE and MRP SNOW CROSS. He said, the cost of putting the race on wasn't the problem, getting the help to put it on WAS! They charged sometimes NOTHING and sometimes 5-8 bucks depending on the race. The way I seen it worked, was business owners in the area pitched in so mutch to put the race on and recovered the cost from racers and spectatores who used the services of their place of business's during the event. If the system has changed? and the race Org. is a MONEY MAKING PRIVATE OWNED BUSINESS, there soaly to make money for it's owners and they NO LONGER work with other group's to put on the event. Then I can see WHY! the cost of admission has went WAY! up.

I know ALL! race Org. have to make money, but "is" what were seing, a sign that owners of "Some" of these Race Org. want to live the "High Life" and keep all the profits to themselves? and they are trying to wing it themselves?

Later
doo it

Postby watcher » December 22nd, 2003, 1:40 am

doo it, that is true. racing for a profit business, will bring the price of all things up. greed is another part of the $$$$, the more i have, the more i want! if i can get more organizations to run under me, the more $$$$ i can make too! and who pays for it? WE DOO!

glad to say that USSA remains as a non-profit group and functions unde those guidelines, whose base was set in 1972!

THINK COLD, THINK SNOW, THINK ICE, THINK SAFETY, THINK USSA

watcher
watcher

Next

Return to General Racing Board