Subscribe Today

The "Price" of tickets at WSA snowcross

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby doo it » December 22nd, 2003, 2:23 am

watcher, I'm glad to see, that USSA! has stayed tried and true!!! Thank You!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Take Care
doo it

Postby OntheInside » December 22nd, 2003, 6:55 am

OK i know everyone thinks that all that gate money goes to the race orginazations. Well thats not the case. Most events the place for example Spirit Mt. takes 100% of the gate, When Sno X is there in November. Some places they Split the the gate usually 40-60 with 60 going to the place and 40 to the race Org. Ok so ya they do make money off of it. But when a race org has to pay for TV which is average about $10,000 a weekend not a season A WEEKEND, pay there staff, food for the staff, hotel rooms, gas, insurance for the race, traveling cost (trucks, cars, plane tickets, etc.) truck payments for the trucks that get all the equipment there so there can even be a race, insurance on those trucks. The list goes on and on. Some place like Canterbury Downs charge $25,000 just to rent the building out for the weekend. Its better to pay something than nothing. If it was all free well than there would be no races to go to.
STEVE
OntheInside

Postby doo it » December 22nd, 2003, 9:56 am

Steve, What good is it, if 60% of the people that used to go to the races, can no longer afford it? Whats happening is, they have a product that is NO LONGER saleable. I believe that WSA will bite the dust!

Later
doo it

Postby NorthernSkunk » December 22nd, 2003, 6:47 pm

I thought the ads that were on durin the T.V. coverage payed for the television people bein there?
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby EtMyRoost » December 23rd, 2003, 1:51 pm

I have to disagree... $20.00 bucks isn't that bad for professional entertainment. What does it cost to go see a football game or a hockey game or how about a monster truck event. Maybe they should give a family rate. Do the kids under 10 thing or whatever. So in some aspects I can see making it affordable for all to enjoy. But $20.00 bucks on a single adult isn't a bad price. Sure WSA pays alot of money for the venues and T.V. coverage but they may increase the overall amount by finding a discount for groups or family. More people more money. Will somebody just write them a letter.....
EtMyRoost

Postby doo it » December 24th, 2003, 4:40 am

Just "Maybe" WSA buying the Quadna ski hill in central Minnesota could be a reason. When a Race Org. starts buying property that can only be raced on and used two to three months a year, it may show a reason for the high buck ticket prices. I live within 16 miles of Quadna. The place has went broke so many times it isn't even funny. Our county has taken almost all the money avaliable to help start/build new business's, and stuck it into this place, to help keep it afloat. I don't think WSA will have any better luck at making a go of it.

As I said, I feel WSA has bit off more than they can chew and thus the reason for $20.00 ticket prices.

Although our New Governer has made New! Tax free zones for new business's coming to our area, maybe that will help some.

Later
doo it

Postby dlp442000 » December 25th, 2003, 2:35 pm

everyone is complaining about $20 , ever been to a nascar race ? try paying $60 or $80 a ticket , if you want to watch it in person bad enough you'll pay or you will stay home.
why do so many complain about it though , just stay home !! WSA is just trying to take snocross to another level.
sounds good to me !!!!!!!!
GETTIN IT DONE / JUST FOR FUN
dlp442000

Postby doo it » December 26th, 2003, 4:28 am

dip442000, why b1tch about anything? Why B1tch about the Gov? Why B1tch about the price of gas? why B1tch about snowmobiles being kicked out of Yellowstone? maybe we should just let anybody do anything they want. If gas is $5.00 a gallon, I guess we will just have to quit snowmobling or pay it. NOT ME! How we come to agreements in this country is by, protest and bargining!

If I don't like the price of tickets at a WSA event, I'm supposed to stay home and shut up, Ha?

If you don't like the topic at hand, DON'T READ IT!!!!

Some people kids, I tell ya!

I personly think the greed of the WSA people is wrecking it for the smaller race Org. and ultimatly taking opportunities away from spectators and racers of other "Smaller" race Org. They have created a Monopoly of Snowmobile racing with unfair business practices.

A person used to be able to go to all kinds of races within a small radious of ones home, here in Minnesota. Lions Clubs and other group's would put these on to raise money for things they would do in the communities in the year to come. Now most of these races are "Gone"! If you don't drive to some ski hill or Stadium and pay as if you were at a "Nascar" event, I guess a person just has to stay home, Too bad some "Wal-Mart" type race Org. had to come in and run the rest out of Business.

Later
doo it

Postby Bunzai » December 26th, 2003, 6:58 am

I agree with dlp44200. Wsa is taking this to another level that we all can enjoy watching on TV. Ya it sucks that some of the smaller circuits are getting hurt, but this is no different than running a business, which WSA is, and only the strong survive. I do not agree with some of the things I've seen, but the long and short of it is, the costs of putting on a race the scale of the National events must be huge, which in turn drives ticket costs.
That being said they are not stupid either and if they see a drop in attendance, you'll see ticket prices drop accordinly to put people in the seats.
I think Sat should be cheaper as the Pros only run a couple of times. Sunday is the big day and I don't think anyone has a problem coughing up $20.00 to watch that show.

Merry Christmas!
Bunzai

Postby Doo_racer » December 26th, 2003, 4:05 pm

I don't think $20 is an unreasonable price. You are watching the best sno-cross racers in the world. I wouldn't be happy paying $20 to watch a small local race, but I would pay a hell of a lot more than $20 to watch a wsa national if I had to. What else can you get for $20 anyway?? not much.
Doo_racer

PreviousNext

Return to General Racing Board