Subscribe Today

The "Price" of tickets at WSA snowcross

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby Ghetto » December 26th, 2003, 7:41 pm

Well stated doo racer. Wouldn't you pay more than 20 bucks to see Micheal Jordan, Ricky Carmicheal or Chad Reed or if Dale Earnhardt was still alive. This is the type of level that these guys are getting to and the direction that the Wsa is going. Sure, everything starts small but, at some point in order to grow or survive U have to make changes. Some, people will like, others won't.
Ghetto

Postby doo it » December 27th, 2003, 8:01 am

Most of you that "Don't" have a problem with the ticket prices are most likly "Single" or without children. Try taking the family. Now it turns into (for Me) $80.00 bucks a day. Then throw in lunch and drink, you got $125-$150 bucks a day, $250-$300 bucks a weekend. Now add in two nights in a motel(in most places) thats $200.00 more bucks, now the race weekend for me, turns into maybe as mutch as $500.00 Bucks. Don't think it's going to happen for me(us) anymore.

It's not just $20.00 bucks anymore, is it? I guess snowmobiling is turning into, a "NON" family sport, when it comes to racing anyways. So you see, WSA has taken the family out of snowmobile racing by not only raising ticket prices, but by running the small race Org. out of business. The smaller Race Org. that us Family types could afford to go to.

Too bad!

Later

Later
doo it

Postby Pol-Cat » December 27th, 2003, 8:22 am

I think $20 is fair price for a day of watching the top snowcrossers, but the actual show is boring. I've watched sno-x, monster trucks, footbal, and moto-x down at the silverdome in pontiac, moto-x cross is a great show, sno-x was quite boring. The WSA track in gaylord was an absolute joke, my little track in the backyard is better. Hopefully with the race at MIS speedway they will have a better show for the crowd and a better track but I'm sure they will charge at least $30.

Come on cold weather, the race in alpena is next weekend.
My vision is better then my hearing...shut up and show me something.
Pol-Cat

Postby Doo_racer » December 27th, 2003, 10:31 am

Doo it-Do the wife and kids even enjoy going to the races? Take em out for dinner and a movie and see how much that cost yah. Leave the Ol' lady and kids at home and come out with the boys, with the money you save you'll even be able to go for a few beers after.
Doo_racer

Postby doo it » December 27th, 2003, 2:11 pm

Doo_Racer, sorry dude! my two son's 13 and 16 "Love" snowmobiling and watching the races, along with my wife, who also likes to hunt and fish. She even shoots a Remington 10Ga Auto for ducks and geese, She has a "Team" of Belg. horses that ways between 4500lbs and 5000lbs she drives and shows all summer. She drives a 1996 F111 600 and is Fine looker also. So you can see, we "ALL" enjoy our outdoors. We do things as a "Family" "Just Maybe" if more families did this? we wouldn't have all these kids in trouble with the law, single mothers and "Dead Beat Dad's" !!!

"Affordable Fun" goes a long way in making this a better country.

Sorry the thinking, leave the "Old Lady and "Kids" at home, is something this country could use less of!!

A father trying to keep his kids off the street, is up against more and more challanges every day and this (the price of tickets at a WSA event)(or any "PRO" sports event for that matter anymore)is just one more example!

Later
doo it

Postby EtMyRoost » December 28th, 2003, 3:24 pm

Bottom Line $20 bucks isn't to much to pay for a ticket for a WSA National race. I take my wife and kid to a NFL football game and it costs me $45.00 per seat and after drinks and a some eats, we're talkin $200.00 bucks. Either you have it or you don't. So boycott, I'm sure someone will step in to take your place in the crowd. The sport is growing and I would imagine we'll see ticket prices grow with it. Time to do the O.T. so I can pay $500.00 bucks a weekend to race. Try paying that every week for 13 weeks straight and your $20.00 bill will feel like nothing.
Ride Red or stay on the porch!
EtMyRoost

Postby ArcticGirl68 » December 28th, 2003, 6:04 pm

Alright all I have to say is that some people have to get out of their old fashioned ways and see that the world is changing and the prices of everything is gonna go up because the quality of it is going up also. And if people want or need things enough they are gonna keep paying for them.
And the prices of the race is not the things that many people should be worrying about, at Duluth this year we payed $40 for an adult and $35 for a child, and that was for three great days of racing that went from 9 in the morning to 4-7 in the evening. And I really dont call that overpaying. I mean you pay anywhere from 50-100 bucks for tickets to any other professional sporting event and no body has a problem with that.
The things that are being overcharged is the food and drinks, $8 for a hamburger and $5 dollars for a pop is a little expensive and $175 a night for a hotel room is a lot! But the WSA has nothign to do with that! And what about the racers, they have to pay a Hel1 of a lot of money to put that show on for you each weekend!
Snocross is a sport that is growing, and if people keep paying the prices that they are asking for they are going to change it because one person has a problem with it. If you dont like then dont go to it. And snocross racing can still be a family sport, because every race I have gone to it has always been me, my dad, and a really close friend of the famiy and all of his kids. And non of us is rich here but we find a way to pay for it! Just sometimes you gotta get out of your old ways and spend that little extra money on something if you really want it. I mean if you wife and kids enjoy it then splurge once or a couple weekends out of the year and give that to them.
There are far worse things in this world than having to pay $20 a day to see some great snowmobile racing!
ArcticGirl68

Postby OntheInside » December 29th, 2003, 10:19 am

Well put ArcticGirl68, Once again WSA has nothing to do with the TICKET prices if u have a problem with the prices call Spirit MT and talk to them about the cost. Heck we are a WSA National Sponsor and we stil had to pay to get in. Tats because WSA HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TICKET PRICES at most events
STEVE
OntheInside

Postby mxzx 1000 » December 30th, 2003, 3:55 am

I know the meaning of that ,I asked a few friends to go to shawano, $25.00 per ticket ,well i quess i'm by myself.it will all end when the factorys stop paying racers salarys,parts,trailers,trucks.no spectaters.
mxzx 1000

Previous

Return to General Racing Board